Twenty20 vs ODI vs Tests

Well yes, that was one of the reasons I was praising them! :P

Looking good for an outright in this game which really puts the Vics under some pressure.

To come back to the original topic personally if I was told I could only watch one form of cricket for the rest of my life I would say Tests in a milli-second.

No other form of the game (and for that matter sports in general) provides the tests in skill and patience that Test cricket does. Is there anything better than seeing a majestic battle between a top-class batsman and a top-class bowler where pressure builds and builds over a long spell? You just don't get this in the shorter forms of the game.

I understand that in today's society Test cricket is not as feasible as it once was and I don't mind watching the odd game of fast food 20/20 either but really it's just a guilty pleasure watching a slog-fest and nothing more.

Call me old-fashioned but I'd rather watch Ricky Ponting graft out a century in 5 hours on a seaming deck against a top-class bowling attack than Dave Warner smack an 18 ball 50 off hapless bowlers that have nothing in the pitch for them.

P.S. For me the interest in 50-over cricket has been restricted to World Cups for around 10 years anyway so if it dropped off the radar I wouldn't shed a tear

Meat77 said:
To come back to the original topic personally if I was told I could only watch one form of cricket for the rest of my life I would say Tests in a milli-second.

No other form of the game (and for that matter sports in general) provides the tests in skill and patience that Test cricket does. Is there anything better than seeing a majestic battle between a top-class batsman and a top-class bowler where pressure builds and builds over a long spell? You just don't get this in the shorter forms of the game.

I understand that in today's society Test cricket is not as feasible as it once was and I don't mind watching the odd game of fast food 20/20 either but really it's just a guilty pleasure watching a slog-fest and nothing more.

Call me old-fashioned but I'd rather watch Ricky Ponting graft out a century in 5 hours on a seaming deck against a top-class bowling attack than Dave Warner smack an 18 ball 50 off hapless bowlers that have nothing in the pitch for them.

P.S. For me the interest in 50-over cricket has been restricted to World Cups for around 10 years anyway so if it dropped off the radar I wouldn't shed a tear

+1

Tests are what it is all about!! icon_thumbs_u

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Fitzy
  • Justwin
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • Evander
  • Browny
  • Maroon4life
  • Battler
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.