Two Country Origin selectors resign over halfback dispute

I've missed the last few Broncos games, but isn't Wallace the "in form" NSW Half?

Hammoz said:
I've missed the last few Broncos games, but isn't Wallace the "in form" NSW Half?

Nah - Mullen is.

Want to bet on it? [icon_razz1

Hammoz said:

I really rate Wallace, but after a good start to the season, I think he's dropped off in the past month. His kicking game has been very ordinary especially. So many kicks straight to the opposition on the full.

OXY-351 said:
So most people are happy for an australian side to be picked on form, but probably the form halfback of the comp thus far this season should miss out on country and NSW selection because he's too old, failed before etc.

Sure you've got to look to the future, but I would have thought the embarassment of losing 4 series in a row, something which hasn't happened before, would be more imortant in the short term. If I was a selector, I'd be picking the best possible 17 to win this years series.

Fair call, but do you REALLY think Kimmorley is the answer though? Even if he IS the best halfback in form, the question you have to answer is, CAN he be the man to lead the blues to victory against the current QLD team? My answer is no. I dont think he can, I'm not saying Wallace/Mullen/Pearce can either but I would certainly give them a go before Kimmorley, the experience they get from this series can prove to be critical in a couple of years, it really can. It's like choosing Finch and Anasta again, they've all had their chance, it's time for change in the NSW camp imo.

lockyer47 said:
OXY-351 said:
So most people are happy for an australian side to be picked on form, but probably the form halfback of the comp thus far this season should miss out on country and NSW selection because he's too old, failed before etc.

Sure you've got to look to the future, but I would have thought the embarassment of losing 4 series in a row, something which hasn't happened before, would be more imortant in the short term. If I was a selector, I'd be picking the best possible 17 to win this years series.

Fair call, but do you REALLY think Kimmorley is the answer though? Even if he IS the best halfback in form, the question you have to answer is, CAN he be the man to lead the blues to victory against the current QLD team? My answer is no. I dont think he can, I'm not saying Wallace/Mullen/Pearce can either but I would certainly give them a go before Kimmorley, the experience they get from this series can prove to be critical in a couple of years, it really can. It's like choosing Finch and Anasta again, they've all had their chance, it's time for change in the NSW camp imo.

If Kimmorley IS the best half in form, then the Blues selectors should pick him. Personally, I think Mullen leaves Noddy for dead.

Apart from which, their selectors have already said they're thinking ahead, so no Kimmorley.

And I also think Mullen's form leaves Wallace in his dust.

lockyer47 said:
the experience they get from this series can prove to be critical in a couple of years, it really can.

No disputing that, but with a record breaking 4th series loss on the horizon, is it a time to be building for the future, or a time to be selecting the best possible team that's in form now? I think the latter. If that means selecting Mullen/Wallace over Kimmorley because the selectors think they are in better form, then so be it, but to select them purely for a "rebuilding" type purpose is rediculous.

Over the past couple of years, NSW selectors seem to have a habit of selecting "the next Andrew Johns" and them hanging them out to dry when NSW lose a game. I would have thought this would do more harm to their form than good.

Active Now

• Manifesto
  • lynx000
  • Browny
  • Jazza
  • broncos4life
  • thenry
  • Mister Wright
  • Broncosarethebest
  • sooticus
  • Johnny92
  • theshed
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.