12.Angus HincheyMelbourne Storm
13.Damon MarshallCanterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
14.Gabriel SatrickMelbourne Storm
15.Chris Faagutu Wests Tigers
16.Michael WaqaRedcliffe Dolphins/The Dolphins
17.Jamal Shibasaki Townsville Blackhawks/North Queensland Cowboys
18.Mason KiraSunshine Coast Falcons/North Queensland Cowboys
19.Kai SimonMackay Cutters/North Queensland Cowboys

That's a very good team Ballin has named- Mozer and Te Kura the only two from last year's debacle.

Who are the can't misses in your opinion?

Who are the can't misses in your opinion?

The hooker rotation I said yesterday I would go Satrick and Mozer and I am excited to see how they go. Satrick was at Ipswich State High last year and couldn't get a gig until the Storm saw something. He was MOTM for Queensland and won the Peter Sterling Medal.

Hinchy is a great hole running second rower and I think had a better Meninga season than Te Kura in 22. He's gone to the Storm and been playing Flegg.

Te Kura last year only played 8 minutes and got knocked out but he's developed this year and has a great combination with Mozer.

Thought for sure Karl O would be there.

The hooker rotation I said yesterday I would go Satrick and Mozer and I am excited to see how they go. Satrick was at Ipswich State High last year and couldn't get a gig until the Storm saw something. He was MOTM for Queensland and won the Peter Sterling Medal.

Hinchy is a great hole running second rower and I think had a better Meninga season than Te Kura in 22. He's gone to the Storm and been playing Flegg.

Te Kura last year only played 8 minutes and got knocked out but he's developed this year and has a great combination with Mozer.
I know U19 isn't a great indicator of future stars but is there any cause for concern (From a Broncos perspective) that NQ and Melbourne are repping as heavily, if not more, than we are?

I know U19 isn't a great indicator of future stars but is there any cause for concern (From a Broncos perspective) that NQ and Melbourne are repping as heavily, if not more, than we are?
Not every age group has super stars though, and the ones we have are some of the best in the team too.

It's always interesting to go back through old Junior Rep teams just to put everything into perspective. Around five years ago, I shared all the team-lists through all the old Middleton year-books.

I'm pretty sure the 18th Man Footy website has them all from 2008 on.

CABE NSW UNDER 19s MEN’S STATE OF ORIGIN, KAYO STADIUM, REDCLIFFE, THURSDAY 13 JULY
NSW UNDER 19s

Jake Clydsdale (Canberra Raiders)
Latu Fainu (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
Samuela Fainu (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
Joshua Feledy (Wests Tigers)
Ethan Ferguson (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
Charlie Guymer (Parramatta Eels)
Harrison Hassett (Penrith Panthers)
Myles Martin (Newcastle Knights)
Jermaine McEwen (Newcastle Knights)
Jesse McLean (Penrith Panthers)
Joash Papalii (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
Luron Patea (Penrith Panthers)
Ethan Sanders (Parramatta Eels)
Billy Scott (Penrith Panthers)
Chevy Stewart (Canberra Raiders)
Ethan Strange (Canberra Raiders)
Savelio Tamale (St George Illawarra Dragons)
Nicholas Tsougranis (St George Illawarra Dragons)
Sam Tuivaiti (Parramatta Eels)
Coach: Andrew Ryan

I don’t think it matters too much how many you have in the team just what happens from here.

If Mozer plays 23 NRL games and Satrick plays 270 then you reflect on it.

A lot are from SEQ like Hinchey and Huen, Faagutu, Sielaff-Burns. So Broncos saw them.

Lucky Katoa isn't playing, that would of been a huge problem but you can see why Bennett wouldn't let him.

Their are five Ipswich players in that Queensland team- Satrick- Storm, Huen-Storm, Leota- Broncos and Caleb Jackson- Dolphins and Sullivan- Cowboys.

Not a single one with the Roosters. What exactly are they doing out there?

Five players from two schools in Ipswich is pretty good.

Not really. We can always poach whoever we want. Just like NQ pinched our beloved Peter Sterling Medalist, Tommy Dearden.

Lucky Katoa isn't playing, that would of been a huge problem but you can see why Bennett wouldn't let him.

Sanders could be the Weaver of 23 that destroys the dream of winning.

Mutua Brown- Capras/Cowboys.
So fast and just made the Australian school boys this week.

Israel Leota- Souths/Broncos
Made his Cup debut this year, can leap- went to IGS and is a good rugby player and AFL too. Athletic and strong. Was disappointed with his Meninga season but Souths weren't the same team.

Caleb Jackson-Dolphins/Dolphins.
Made his Cup debut this year straight out of highschool and has played three games now. Try scorer for Ipswich last year. Strong runner if they can get him the ball.

Mitchell Jennings Falcons/Storm
Fast, so very fast. Played City v Country last year.

Tim Sielaff-Burns Penrith

Another of Hunt's Souths Meninga team. Kicks goals.

Stanley Huen-Storm
Strong little nugget defends like a demon- went to IGS and another Souths/Hunt winner.

Zac Lamont-Blackhawks/Cowboys
Great kicking game, plays seven for Blackhawks Colts. Hasn't played Cup yet.

Ryan Jackson- Dolphins/Dolphins
Wynnum kid but at Redcliffe and playing Cup- 12 games this year in the front row in Cup is huge. Old school straight up and down prop.

Blake Mozer- Souths/Broncos
Last month has been his best Cup form. Really attacking well and having an impact. Has to make up for last season he was really poor for Queensland. 17 Cup games.

Ben Te Kura Souths/Broncos
From where he started the year, being lapped in fitness and not even able to complete training to now is huge. Has a great combination with Mozer. Has started to off-load and run with great impact. Queensland have to attack on the back of his play the ball. Hopefully lasts more than nine minutes for Queensland this season. 19 Cup games.

Will Sullivan Blackhawks/Cowboys
Six Cup games, Solid don't mess with me forward. Farmer so that work hard strong.

Angus Hinchey- Storm
Great hole runner, very smart and works hard. Needs halves to give him the ball but if he doesn't get that he will still work hard.

Damon Marshall Canterbury
Very skillful and can play at the line or through it. Mobile and a real leader. Was the Blackhawks captain last year before he went to Sydney.

Gabriel Satrick- Storm
My favourite player from last season, just smart and quick exactly what you want in a 14.

Chris Faagutu Wests Tigers
Played Cup last year before he went to Sydney, another Hunt/Souths Meninga graduate. Footwork, pace and is a leader but he's at the Tigers so who knows what he produces now.

Michael Waqa- Redcliffe/Dolphins
Won Meninga this year with his runs, he is just a monster. Him taking kick offs is scary.

Jamal Shibasaki Blackhawks/Cowboys
Middle forward that runs like a back, four Cup games now. He is so mobile. Mozer can attack on the back of his runs.

Mason Kira Falcons/Cowboys
Plays front row for Falcons Colts. Great tacklers.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Old Mate
  • Lurker
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Evander
  • Culhwch
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.