U19 Origin

If you aren’t even going to read posts that clearly explain the reasoning behind it, why post? Nowhere was it implied it is for giggles. Goodness me.

Experience and or just because is on par with giggles.

Experience and or just because is on par with giggles.

It so isn’t but discussing with you is pointless so I’ll leave it there.

If anyone else actually wants to have a grown up discussion, I’m keen.

I explained clearly over the two paragraphs why I think the attitude is a negative idea. You had to focus on the word giggles to create a diversion.

I think giving Mozer a 20 minute taste of NRL before the end of the season is a good idea. He’s not going to single-handedly lose us a game anymore than Smoothy, Walters or Paix might. Also if you sandwich it between 2 Walters’ stints then you can just bring Billy back on earlier if Mozer is struggling.

I would bring him out against South’s personally. Everyone is coming back from breaks and will be excited to rip in and he will be able to put origin behind him.

If you have to have a plan for a player struggling, is he NRL ready? I'd like to think if you pick a player to play NRL you're saying you have 100% confidence he can handle it. If Walters rips his hammy and Mozer has to play 65 minutes what then?

I see this as one of the major issues with this just play him attitude- it plans for the best-case scenario- we will be up by 18 and he can have the last 15 minutes it'll be good. But it doesn't cater for a worst case.

Players can still play badly even with 100% confidence, but you didn't plan for it on Tuesday.

If you have to have a plan for a player struggling, is he NRL ready? I'd like to think if you pick a player to play NRL you're saying you have 100% confidence he can handle it. If Walters rips his hammy and Mozer has to play 65 minutes what then?

I see this as one of the major issues with this just play him attitude- it plans for the best-case scenario- we will be up by 18 and he can have the last 15 minutes it'll be good. But it doesn't cater for a worst case.

Players can still play badly even with 100% confidence, but you didn't plan for it on Tuesday.
Good test for him then. No issue with it

Tass was dropped from the Souths team and wasn't even playing Cup his form reached such a low level and the Broncos never picked him or the Dogs and the week before Ezra played NRL he made 15m and missed four tackles in a 32-0 thumping- I commented he looked lost and disinterested and certainly didn't show NRL form when Simbiken ran past him to score two tries in the first 17 minutes without getting a hand on him.

It's cute you've watched two Cup games on 9. I am happy with my observations though.
It's very funny despite what you've said about Tass and mam playing terrible, but both players were fully fledged nrl players pretty much straight away. What we've learnt is that players q cup form isn't the be all and end all. Nat Neale was the premier prop of the comp for years on end, remind me how many nrl games he has played?

Oh and hunny, I've got an annual qplus subscription. I watch every Broncos feeder game. You aren't the only one that has an opinion.

I'm here for you bud, I'd love for Mozer to get a chance, but we don't really have any games coming up where I'd feel comfortable playing him.

If we manage to get a top 4 spot locked up, I maybe inclined to play him against Raiders

It's very funny despite what you've said about Tass and mam playing terrible, but both players were fully fledged nrl players pretty much straight away. What we've learnt is that players q cup form isn't the be all and end all. Nat Neale was the premier prop of the comp for years on end, remind me how many nrl games he has played?

Oh and hunny, I've got an annual qplus subscription. I watch every Broncos feeder game. You aren't the only one that has an opinion.

Tass was at Mackay, Norths, Souths, Canterbury and Broncos and then made his debut at South Sydney at 23.

Not really straight away. I've credited Souths with unlocking Tass, but he certainly didn't show any of that before June last year. I reckon he'd say that too.

I think giving Mozer a 20 minute taste of NRL before the end of the season is a good idea. He’s not going to single-handedly lose us a game anymore than Smoothy, Walters or Paix might. Also if you sandwich it between 2 Walters’ stints then you can just bring Billy back on earlier if Mozer is struggling.

I would bring him out against South’s personally. Everyone is coming back from breaks and will be excited to rip in and he will be able to put origin behind him.
We don't really sub our hooker like that anymore though... Billy plays 50-60mins and then the bench hooker finishes off the game.

So that would be a change to our rotation to give a rookie 20mins

We don't really sub our hooker like that anymore though... Billy plays 50-60mins and then the bench hooker finishes off the game.

So that would be a change to our rotation to give a rookie 20mins
I don’t really care. It’s not like the change has made much impact one way or another. Look how good Willison, Mariner, and Piakura are looki by thanks to getting some previous NRL exposure. Worth it imo

I don’t really care. It’s not like the change has made much impact one way or another. Look how good Willison, Mariner, and Piakura are looki by thanks to getting some previous NRL exposure. Worth it imo

Nah because giving young guys experience to benefit the team in the future is the same as just doing it for giggles, so clearly, you are wrong.

Correlation does not imply causation.

Was only a month ago that Piakura was deemed useless.

Willison was rushed because Flegler was suspended. The Broncos used the most players in the season (36), so it wasn't ideal to be rushing blokes after seven Cup games and he was busted three games later. He's also played seven games over three seasons so that's not the best example for debuting early.

Mariner had Cobbo concussed, and Pereira sick so got two games.

I've said if you have to then I would do it and feel more comfortable over the last month, but they have to situation hasn't come up. Paix is even back tonight.

You could argue the 19 more Cup games Willison has played or 14 Mariner has played or 24 Piakura has played since their debut also played a role.

Active Now

• marw
  • Mighty Bronx
  • broncsgoat
  • Browny
  • LGH
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.