U19 Origin

The fact is that the people saying he was ready had no clue and don't watch Cup. Same with Te Kura.

I am certainly not concerned about last night from a long term perspective. I don't think it will harm them but It just puts it back in perspective about where they are headed.

I said 2024 for Mozer in 2021 and 2025 for Te Kura and I don't think that changes too much. Even then that won't be having an impact in NRL just playing.

Leota is six months out of school and played one Cup game which was by accident due to injury. He will be playing Cup next year but played Meninga this year again and now is playing Colts.

It's a slow process.
Didn’t you recently question another poster who said Mozer wasn’t ready?

Something like “what are you basing this on?” If my memory serves me

Didn’t you recently question another poster who said Mozer wasn’t ready?

Something like “what are you basing this on?” If my memory serves me

You can ask why someone thinks something. Doesn't mean I am disagreeing with them, but I am always interested in why. If you know what you're talking about you should be able to articulate why you think something.

You can ask why someone thinks something. Doesn't mean I am disagreeing with them, but I am always interested in why. If you know what you're talking about you should be able to articulate why you think something.
You’re such a contrarian. I love it

You’re such a contrarian. I love it

I think I asked what games the person was basing their opinion of no on. You never know where a reason I haven't seen or thought of is going to come from- I am happy to ask why someone thinks something.

I think Mozer is closer in the last month, but I'd still be trying to get as close to next year as possible.

If you can get through the season with Paix, Walters and Smoothy I think that's the best option.

Smoothy / Paix are getting like 20-30 mins a game. You can definitely bring Mozer in for that for a game here or there.

I think I asked what games the person was basing their opinion of no on. You never know where a reason I haven't seen or thought of is going to come from- I am happy to ask why someone thinks something.

I think Mozer is closer in the last month, but I'd still be trying to get as close to next year as possible.

If you can get through the season with Paix, Walters and Smoothy I think that's the best option.
I think the Roosters game is the weakest team we face till the end of the season(it's also in Brisbane), but does he even play Qcup before that game?

there might not be a path unless it's injury forced it looks like.

Smoothy / Paix are getting like 20-30 mins a game. You can definitely bring Mozer in for that for a game here or there.
I guess its a decision between let Mozer to continue to develop by playing full games in QCup,
vs playing 20 mins a game in the NRL.

I'm inclined to think that 20 mins per NRL game might be better served for him in 2024 and continue to let him cut his teeth in the QCup for 2023.

I guess its a decision between let Mozer to continue to develop by playing full games in QCup,
vs playing 20 mins a game in the NRL.

I'm inclined to think that 20 mins per NRL game might be better served for him in 2024 and continue to let him cut his teeth in the QCup for 2023.

Yeah I agree but I think the point I was making (and not clearly I might add), is to give Mozer a couple of games here or there in the back end of the season just for some experience, not to stay there for all of them. I think if Brisbane locks up a top 4 spot for example, that might be a good opportunity to give him a game or two in the back end.

Can certainly see the reasons to hold him back to '24 though and if that is what they decide to do, I won't be complaining.

Yeah I agree but I think the point I was making (and not clearly I might add), is to give Mozer a couple of games here or there in the back end of the season just for some experience, not to stay there for all of them. I think if Brisbane locks up a top 4 spot for example, that might be a good opportunity to give him a game or two in the back end.

Can certainly see the reasons to hold him back to '24 though and if that is what they decide to do, I won't be complaining.

As others have pointed out though, we have a torrid end to the season. Which games would you chuck him into? Keeping in mind too as 1910 has said, he has no footy the next 3 weeks.

As others have pointed out though, we have a torrid end to the season. Which games would you chuck him into? Keeping in mind too as 1910 has said, he has no footy the next 3 weeks.

I would have done today's game, yes on the back of origin. Then probably the Roosters and depending on where we stand come final round, that game too.

I am not a fan of this just find him a place for giggles, it's not a tour of the West Indies and you take the young batsmen as a reserve for experience. You're going to have to play, and it should be earned, and you need to be picked through form.

The Broncos don't need to pick him, and his form doesn't demand selection. If one of other three was out, then the last month of form has shown he could be picked but his form isn't demanding action.

Typical negative Nancy behaviour from 1910. If my memory serves me correctly, Ezra mam wasn't ready for first grade, Isiah Tass wasn't ready.

It's really not the end of the world if someone is selected, and I have watched pretty much all of his games this season and he most definitely has earnt a chance to at least play a game. Tyson smoothy was not very impressive in cup, and has been even less impressive in nrl. So as far as I'm concerned give him a go

Typical negative Nancy behaviour from 1910. If my memory serves me correctly, Ezra mam wasn't ready for first grade, Isiah Tass wasn't ready.

It's really not the end of the world if someone is selected, and I have watched pretty much all of his games this season and he most definitely has earnt a chance to at least play a game. Tyson smoothy was not very impressive in cup, and has been even less impressive in nrl. So as far as I'm concerned give him a go

Tass was dropped from the Souths team and wasn't even playing Cup his form reached such a low level and the Broncos never picked him or the Dogs and the week before Ezra played NRL he made 15m and missed four tackles in a 32-0 thumping- I commented he looked lost and disinterested and certainly didn't show NRL form when Simbiken ran past him to score two tries in the first 17 minutes without getting a hand on him.

It's cute you've watched two Cup games on 9. I am happy with my observations though.

I think giving Mozer a 20 minute taste of NRL before the end of the season is a good idea. He’s not going to single-handedly lose us a game anymore than Smoothy, Walters or Paix might. Also if you sandwich it between 2 Walters’ stints then you can just bring Billy back on earlier if Mozer is struggling.

I would bring him out against South’s personally. Everyone is coming back from breaks and will be excited to rip in and he will be able to put origin behind him.

I am not a fan of this just find him a place for giggles, it's not a tour of the West Indies and you take the young batsmen as a reserve for experience. You're going to have to play, and it should be earned, and you need to be picked through form.

The Broncos don't need to pick him, and his form doesn't demand selection. If one of other three was out, then the last month of form has shown he could be picked but his form isn't demanding action.

If you aren’t even going to read posts that clearly explain the reasoning behind it, why post? Nowhere was it implied it is for giggles. Goodness me.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Harry Sack
  • sooticus
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • Lostboy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Xzei
  • Midean
  • broncotville
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • Shane Tronc
  • Lurker
  • Spoon
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosgirl
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.