U19 Origin

No. 7 for the blues has a good looking kicking game... how come no young Qld 7's come through able to kick like that

If Sanders wants to come to the broncos he is most welcome. Nothing all that special about any of the other ones from NSW they are just heaps bigger and further along there development.

It's exactly the same as last year, men vs boys. I have no idea how or why this happens and why it doesn't translate to real origin.
Was thinking the same thing. End of the day, none of this means anything.

It's exactly the same as last year, men vs boys. I have no idea how or why this happens and why it doesn't translate to real origin.
Because it's still early days, the players behind in physical development catch up as they get into their 20s.

Doesnt translate because eventually the boys grow up and the NSWmen are no longer the biggest and the fastest

Because they get training in NRL quality systems and facilities from younger ages and far more frequently. Whilst the q-cup system is far better for Qld clubs to find and attain talent it is not the best way to develop it. It’s also a lot easier for these boys to be in first grade squads already rather than academies like a lot of maroons boys are. It’s NRL senior systems that are getting the size into these boys.

There may just be a general different view on how to get the best out of young players. It seems NSW try to get size into them as early as possible whilst QLD don’t.

Also they have a lot more academy players. Whilst a portion of the equation is being naturally gifted footy players a lot comes down to development and NSW have 11 academies (Canberra included) compared to our 4 (5 + Melbourne). It’s really just down to the scale of production not much else really. Come back in 5-10 years time and you usually find the qld team ends up looking far more impressive than tje score line at the time would suggest.

Development just simply works differently up here and whilst Cowboys and Titans have struggled at periods because we haven’t produced enough QLD talent in terms of Maroons the same 20-25 players from each age group get the concentration of development all the way through and you end up in a stronger position than the bloke who ends up in a system of 100’s after the u19’s and doesn’t see the light of day ever again.

That was terrible- not a single positive in that. Queensland couldn't do anything with the ball because they didn't hold onto to it. Defence was shocking.

Blues just broke tackles and had momentum in everything they did.

Really disappointed for Te Kura and Mozer they should have been leaders out there and I didn't think they stood up at all. Now they can think about it for three weeks. When he gets back Souths will have three games to go before finals which will be the next challenge.

Mozer is at his best when he plays very simple football and waits 72 minutes to run, something about rep games that he suddenly thinks he needs to change the world. He wouldn't throw some of those passes in Cup.

Your two senior players missing nine tackles isn't good enough. Six from the captain is a horrible reflection.

Queensland just couldn't physically hold them at all- 65 tackle breaks, six-line breaks, 65 missed tackles.

Well ,,, that`s 2 kids State of Origins for Mozer and 2 flops .
Lucky we have Billy , eh ?

Because they get training in NRL quality systems and facilities from younger ages and far more frequently. Whilst the q-cup system is far better for Qld clubs to find and attain talent it is not the best way to develop it. It’s also a lot easier for these boys to be in first grade squads already rather than academies like a lot of maroons boys are. It’s NRL senior systems that are getting the size into these boys.

There may just be a general different view on how to get the best out of young players. It seems NSW try to get size into them as early as possible whilst QLD don’t.

Also they have a lot more academy players. Whilst a portion of the equation is being naturally gifted footy players a lot comes down to development and NSW have 11 academies (Canberra included) compared to our 4 (5 + Melbourne). It’s really just down to the scale of production not much else really. Come back in 5-10 years time and you usually find the qld team ends up looking far more impressive than tje score line at the time would suggest.

Development just simply works differently up here and whilst Cowboys and Titans have struggled at periods because we haven’t produced enough QLD talent in terms of Maroons the same 20-25 players from each age group get the concentration of development all the way through and you end up in a stronger position than the bloke who ends up in a system of 100’s after the u19’s and doesn’t see the light of day ever again.

I think there’s also something to be said for the resilience that this fosters in QLD’s development, NSW are seemingly always bigger and stronger but at the top levels the mental game is so much more important then in the juniors.
Just look at the last few years of state of origin, NSW have always had the “better team” yet we’ve won six of the last nine series.

Yep under-19s are THE key indicator of future success.
Sure but I think there is some cause for concern that he's 0/2 in terms of performances on a brighter stage. I get that against a team that is physically man handled it's hard to shine, but even the little things he struggled with. Service and selection. 6 missed tackles.

In a way it's good it's happened again - lots to work on and back to Q Cup for refinement. He's not as closer as we maybe thought but that's okay, he's still young and we aren't in dying need of a hooker despite what some would tell you.

Sure but I think there is some cause for concern that he's 0/2 in terms of performances on a brighter stage. I get that against a team that is physically man handled it's hard to shine, but even the little things he struggled with. Service and selection. 6 missed tackles.

In a way it's good it's happened again - lots to work on and back to Q Cup for refinement. He's not as closer as we maybe thought but that's okay, he's still young and we aren't in dying need of a hooker despite what some would tell you.

The fact is that the people saying he was ready had no clue and don't watch Cup. Same with Te Kura.

I am certainly not concerned about last night from a long term perspective. I don't think it will harm them but It just puts it back in perspective about where they are headed.

I said 2024 for Mozer in 2021 and 2025 for Te Kura and I don't think that changes too much. Even then that won't be having an impact in NRL just playing.

Leota is six months out of school and played one Cup game which was by accident due to injury. He will be playing Cup next year but played Meninga this year again and now is playing Colts.

It's a slow process.

For Mozer's good Cup form he's probably not even in the top three Cup hookers- I'd have Politoni, Brown, Hope and Smoothy ahead of him for week-to-week football.

Mozer's best is equal to them, but he doesn't do it every week for 80 minutes like they do in attack and defence.

Problem now is that he is not playing tomorrow, No one plays next week, and then Souths have the bye, so Mozer won't play again until August 5th. That's not ideal. I'd love to see him play tomorrow to turn around last night.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • Fatboy
  • Strop
  • marw
  • LittleDavey
  • Jazza
  • Brocko
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • pennywisealfie
  • Fitzy
  • Dazza 92
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Xzei
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.