Uh Oh - Thurston is available to destroy the Blues...

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Cowboys and Queensland halfback Johnathan Thurston could miss the Harvey Norman State of Origin decider in Brisbane on July 6 after he was today charged by the NRL’s Match Review Committee with Grade 2 contrary conduct for contact with a referee.

The influential halfback is facing two weeks on the sidelines, even with an early guilty plea.

http://www.nrl.com/charged-thurston...decider/tabid/10874/newsid/63405/default.aspx

****. this aint good news

Did anyone see the incident? Hopefully its nothing and he gets off but its a bit concerning

Re: Uh Oh - Thurston could miss origin

**** me. What a douchebag.

Hope he fights the charge and wins! Or else QLD is gone.

Coxy said:
**** me. What a douchebag.

Hope he fights the charge and wins! Or else QLD is gone.
a Slater/Cronk/Smith combination still sounds pretty awesome to me.

but yeah, we need thurston. he'll probably get 6 weeks because hes a Queenslander too. after all the NSW players getting off left right and centre, itd be typical.

If he was a NSW player, he'd get off. Guaranteed.

Nobody seems to recall the incident. [icon_lol1.

Coxy said:
Nobody seems to recall the incident. [icon_lol1.

Im hoping its just a beat up and it was accidental contact or something and the charge gets dropped

I saw on Saturday night Thurston and the Ref both fell over. I said, oh that Ref took out Thurston.

But the commentators didn't mention it and there were no replays on what actually happenned [icon_shru

I call conspiracy! [icon_shady

He'll be gone. He's not from NSW.

Did anyone actually see the incident?

mrslong said:
I saw on Saturday night Thurston and the Ref both fell over. I said, oh that Ref took out Thurston.

But the commentators didn't mention it and there were no replays on what actually happenned [icon_shru

I call conspiracy! [icon_shady

sounds like its nothing then. hopefully he gets a downgrade, has a week off this weekend so hes fully fit for game 3 icon_thumbs_u

Watch the NSW biased judiciary smash Thurston with a ridiculous punishment making him unavailable.

Then watch deluded f*ckwits tell us that it "happens to both sides" :roll:

Uh Oh - Thurston could miss origin

I haven't seen the vision. He's gone.

Queenslander. Origin time. Series in the balance.

As if the judiciary will let him off!

Basically Mateo made a break and in chasing him JT got tangled up with the ref. It's a nothing incident and if he's seriously suspended it's f**ked.

'The charge follows amendments to contrary conduct rules implemented at the start of the season where either Careless, Reckless or Intentional contact with a Match Official can be charged as Contrary Conduct.

Under the rule, “It’s the responsibility of the player to avoid contact with match officials at all times during a match”'

I've got to say I've seen plenty of Refs bowled over this year where players could easily have avoided contact. To slug JT with it is rediculous and just highlights the ever increasing ambiguity with which our rules are applied.

I wish there was footage of Thaiday running into Cecchin in the Broncos-Sharks game a few weeks back. It'd make a great defence for JT because Thaiday wasn't charged.

Didn't Carney take out Archer against the Tigers a few months back as well? Gould was laughing an absolute treat.

Big Pete said:
Didn't Carney take out Archer against the Tigers a few months back as well? Gould was laughing an absolute treat.

It's the funniest thing in the world, a referee being knocked over.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Culhwch
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Skathen
  • mrslong
  • Bish
  • BooKhaki
  • Hurrijo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Manofoneway
  • Allo
  • lynx000
  • bert_lifts
  • Painin the Haas
  • Spooky1013
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.