Uh Oh - Thurston is available to destroy the Blues...

Re: Uh Oh - Thurston could miss origin

langer77 said:
He had a awesome game on Sunday

Of course he did. Starting at 7!

Coxy said:
Would rather someone like Costigan to come on and make a bit of impact. Sure, not a playmaker, but he's got some mongrel in him

If you want mongrel, why not just replace Cronk with Crocker. Would be an easy name change on the jersey.

OXY-351 said:
Coxy said:
Would rather someone like Costigan to come on and make a bit of impact. Sure, not a playmaker, but he's got some mongrel in him

If you want mongrel, why not just replace Cronk with Crocker. Would be an easy name change on the jersey.

[icon_lol1.

They showed on Monday Night footy various incidents just like this one where the ref almost always got up and had a laugh about it and noone was ever charged. Its a clear conspiracy if he does get suspended.

Is this gronk for real?

Former referee Greg Hartley believes Jonathan Thurston should 'go on a long holiday' after his collision with NRL referee Matt Cecchin last Saturday.

NSW and Queensland have officially gone to war -- 15 days out from the third and deciding State of Origin game in Brisbane.

Thurston could be rubbed out of State of Origin III by the NRL judiciary after being charged with contrary conduct for allegedly making contact with referee Matt Cecchin.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

And former referee Greg Hartley went even further, declaring Thurston's hit was symptomatic of a player who has never been friends with the men in pink. "He has to go, he needs a long holiday," Hartley said.

"You just can't go doing that to a referee. You can't go attacking an official.

"Bad luck if he misses Origin. He shouldn't have done it.

"He had plenty of time to go around him. Don't tell me he couldn't see Cecchin."

Thurston is facing a two- match ban by pleading guilty. He will also miss two games by fighting and losing the charge.

His only hope of playing against the Blues is by fronting the NRL judiciary tomorrow night and beating the charge or seeking a downgrade.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl- ... 6078973067

Lol, so he attacked an official? You have got to be kidding me. [icon_lol1.

ningnangnong said:
Is this gronk for real?

Former referee Greg Hartley believes Jonathan Thurston should 'go on a long holiday' after his collision with NRL referee Matt Cecchin last Saturday.

NSW and Queensland have officially gone to war -- 15 days out from the third and deciding State of Origin game in Brisbane.

Thurston could be rubbed out of State of Origin III by the NRL judiciary after being charged with contrary conduct for allegedly making contact with referee Matt Cecchin.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

And former referee Greg Hartley went even further, declaring Thurston's hit was symptomatic of a player who has never been friends with the men in pink. "He has to go, he needs a long holiday," Hartley said.

"You just can't go doing that to a referee. You can't go attacking an official.

"Bad luck if he misses Origin. He shouldn't have done it.

"He had plenty of time to go around him. Don't tell me he couldn't see Cecchin."

Thurston is facing a two- match ban by pleading guilty. He will also miss two games by fighting and losing the charge.

His only hope of playing against the Blues is by fronting the NRL judiciary tomorrow night and beating the charge or seeking a downgrade.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl- ... 6078973067

Lol, so he attacked an official? You have got to be kidding me. [icon_lol1.
Those comments were really personal against Thursto. Wonder why he hates him so much?

Loving teh word gronk atm, just randomly.

Seems like the media up here are over doing it IMO. We don't want to seem as petulant as NSW are but it's coming across that way.

Scotty said:
Seems like the media up here are over doing it IMO. We don't want to seem as petulant as NSW are but it's coming across that way.

Typical "us vs them" bullshit.

Uh Oh - Thurston could miss origin

Courier Mail is always good for the lulz. Check their website.

Most of the rubbish on the CM website has come up from the DT. Most of the crap is NSW media being petulant.

For all this talk of NSW and QLD being at war over the Thurston issue, I haven't seen anyone from either side actually comment on it. It's all a Telegraph campaign.

I declared war on NSW about 176 minutes ago. it was from me.

BLAH BLAH BLAH THURSTON RAAWWWWWR!

Has anyone asked Matt Ceccin (sp) about what his thoughts are? When reff'ing Oztag players collided/made contact with me quite often, especially cover defence. However, there was this one time when I could tell that the player actually "dropped" his shoulder as he was passing me. I gave him a very stern warning. My point is Matt the ref probably knows if Thurston was reckless, or accidental.

All the reports I've read and heard say JT said sorry and Checchin accepted that on the spot. But regardless if you see the incident you see both of them bounce up pretty quickly and Checchin was having a laugh. Doesn't seem he thought there was anything in it.

Ghibli said:
Has anyone asked Matt Ceccin (sp) about what his thoughts are? When reff'ing Oztag players collided/made contact with me quite often, especially cover defence. However, there was this one time when I could tell that the player actually "dropped" his shoulder as he was passing me. I gave him a very stern warning. My point is Matt the ref probably knows if Thurston was reckless, or accidental.
I saw a quote from League Week on twitter that Cheatccen is "injured" and will be contesting against JT at the tribunal. [icon_non

lil snippet from an article from smh.com.au:

Cecchin believes it is no joking matter and is expected to refute suggestions he laughed about it when questioned by NRL prosecutor James McCloud and Thurston's legal counsel Alan Sullivan, QC.

It is understood that Cecchin said in his report that he didn't feel experienced enough to know whether the collision was accidental. That was on the field. Afterwards, he is believed to have come to a different conclusion.

Cecchin was left sore and sorry from the heavy contact and has been receiving physiotherapy for a neck injury, but was yesterday appointed to referee Friday night's Wests Tigers-Bulldogs match at Campbelltown Stadium.

Thurston apologised for the collision and it has been suggested that Cecchin laughed about it, but the Herald was told that footage of him smiling or laughing in the Fox Sports coverage was actually at the kick-off after Maloney converted his try.

Oh great...

Cecchin sounds like someone who wants to make a name for himself.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • mrslong
  • Old Mate
  • Manofoneway
  • GCBRONCO
  • levikaden
  • Allo
  • Fozz
  • thenry
  • broncos4life
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dash
  • Browny
  • Wolfie
  • lynx000
  • Brocko
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.