James
Martin

They won 34-12

Now

Mozer
Te Kura
Willson

Lost 24-4

Still shaking my head, it was such a good camp and I thought they were well prepared.

Should’ve gone for Walker and Mam in the halves

They certainly lacked some polish that those two could have added. They just struggled to go forward and make/take chances. No line breaks and one try from 24 tackles in the 20. Nothing created. That set where they had a repeat set in the second half but set to nothing and just dicked around for 10 tackles pretty much summed up the whole thing.

Blues had four chances in 10 minutes and took all of them.

Everything was slow and no enthusiasm or energy at all.

They certainly lacked some polish that those two could have added. They just struggled to go forward and make/take chances. No line breaks and one try from 24 tackles in the 20. Nothing created. That set where they had a repeat set in the second half but set to nothing and just dicked around for 10 tackles pretty much summed up the whole thing.

Blues had four chances in 10 minutes and took all of them.

Everything was slow and no enthusiasm or energy at all.
Yeah, I was disappointed as I expected Mozer to really get the forwards on the front foot but his service was pretty uninspired. I don’t recall him taking any scoots either. He really didn’t play to his strengths at all.

time to put the brakes on the Mozer hype.

I was gonna say so after watching a bit of the game last night.......but then I saw some of the comments earlier in the thread like
The way Mozer goes about his work is masterful.

and thought I must have missed something.......(?)

Was Mozer hooked in the 2nd half? I didn't see him on the field....

Anyway......seems to me he has a long way to go before we start making the Cam Smith comparisons.

Yeah, I was disappointed as I expected Mozer to really get the forwards on the front foot but his service was pretty uninspired. I don’t recall him taking any scoots either. He really didn’t play to his strengths at all.

Probably the worst game I have seen him play in the last two years and 30 games. I think it's just a perfect wrong storm.

It's really hard, these guys haven't had rep games and didn't handle it at all.

It was a chance to show some leadership and with Va'a settle the situation and just say everything comes back to Va'a and myself for the next 10 minutes it didn't happen and they kept just shovelling it on and thinking an individual would fix it with a brilliant play- which is how rep teams come unstuck.

I think lack of experience in rep teams really hurt them.

Who's the coach?

Kurt Richards, very good coach- has been U18 and now U19 coach for a long time. Was at the Broncos until this year and now at Dolphins.

time to put the brakes on the Mozer hype.

It'll be good for him, I have never seen him frustrated like that. It was really the first time 99% of people have seen him play and honestly they will have come away with a poor view of his play- which isn't a bad thing, he can go back to Souths and keep learning.

It'll be good for him, I have never seen him frustrated like that. It was really the first time 99% of people have seen him play and honestly they will have come away with a poor view of his play- which isn't a bad thing, he can go back to Souths and keep learning.
in some ways you must be over the moon, anyone that saw him play last night won't be calling for him to be a benchie for the Broncos.

in some ways you must be over the moon, anyone that saw him play last night won't be calling for him to be a benchie for the Broncos.

In a way, if he kills it last night then yeah people think that equals NRL and it creates bigger problems I think.

But I would have preferred he played well because he's playing for Queensland and he's a Bronco.

This

it needed to happen to pump the breaks and get the media to back off.
Definitely a good thing.

Does highlight the gap between U18 star and NRL player though- which is always a timely reminder at least for 15 minutes.

Weaver looked good for NSW. Looks like a 40yo pack a day smoker though.

Jack Howarth is set for a long NRL career, shame he's with the Storm

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • lynx000
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  • RolledOates
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.