Under-fire Broncos recruit Jack Bird eyes return for Brisbane

Everything about Bird's signing has been shrouded in knee jerk reaction and mindlessness. We didn't need another Centre, he is no Halfback when it gets down to it, he's a Sydney native carrying plenty of injury so of course he was bound to get homesick just sitting at home with no local friends. All it really comes down to is we were desperate for a big name signing after failing to get Taylor back and he had dollars on his mind far more than sense.

Let him go be someone else's problem and we can use his sizeable chunk of cap to sign what we really need.

We were trying to sign Taylor while we were signing Bird. It wasn't one or the other. If Taylor took our contract we would have had both.

We were trying to sign Taylor while we were signing Bird. It wasn't one or the other. If Taylor took our contract we would have had both.

Surely not , eyebrows would've been raised if we got both. Our retention wouldn't have been what it has and i for one still don't understand why we got him anyways.

Honest question, does anyone think Taylor is regretting re signing with the Titans ?

People are still talking him up, despite his on-field performances. So I’d say he’s under way less pressure than he would be if he was playing for us. He should count himself lucky in that regard.

Surely not , eyebrows would've been raised if we got both. Our retention wouldn't have been what it has and i for one still don't understand why we got him anyways.

We were. You only have to go back and have a look. Thing is though, we weren't offering Taylor anything like the money he is on now. You also have to remember that despite what people preference is and how the season has panned out with other options, Wayne always had a clear plan for him (Bird that is) . It just got stuffed up because he came to us broken. Not sure now if Wayne will still have the same plan anymore.

Last edited:
Everything about Bird's signing has been shrouded in knee jerk reaction and mindlessness. We didn't need another Centre, he is no Halfback when it gets down to it, he's a Sydney native carrying plenty of injury so of course he was bound to get homesick just sitting at home with no local friends. All it really comes down to is we were desperate for a big name signing after failing to get Taylor back and he had dollars on his mind far more than sense.

Let him go be someone else's problem and we can use his sizeable chunk of cap to sign what we really need.

We signed Bird before all of that shit with Taylor.

People question Bird's signing, but we needed another player like Bird. That arrogant type that puts his all in out on that field and can lift the players around him with his attitude and determination.

Once he gets back to full fitness, everyone will see why we signed him.

Macca at 7 is novel, but his organising voice controls our ruck and line speed so it might just work. Niko would need to do a six week crash course at the Axe's school of tackling though for that to be effective.

Novel? Nuts more like it. I don't think we can make it through the finals with Macca hogging dummy half. His perfunctory head high lobs, without a trace of urgency, are like an albatross around our attack's neck.

We haven't had many chances to play without Macca gumming up the works, but when we do we always look much better. Sunday will be proof of that.

Novel? Nuts more like it. I don't think we can make it through the finals with Macca hogging dummy half. His perfunctory head high lobs, without a trace of urgency, are like an albatross around our attack's neck.

We haven't had many chances to play without Macca gumming up the works, but when we do we always look much better. Sunday will be proof of that.

I’ve been a big Macca supporter, but it’s shown lately that we haven’t really missed him. Roosters game was even more proof

We signed Bird before all of that shit with Taylor.

People question Bird's signing, but we needed another player like Bird. That arrogant type that puts his all in out on that field and can lift the players around him with his attitude and determination.

Once he gets back to full fitness, everyone will see why we signed him.

We announced Bird in April 2017 I think, we were still talking with Taylor in October 2017.

I’ve been a big Macca supporter, but it’s shown lately that we haven’t really missed him. Roosters game was even more proof

Don't get me wrong: he seems like a nice bloke with a terrific work ethic, an heroic tackler, and he's not a bad runner of the ball near the line, just he's a slug with zero vision when it comes to ball distribution. If you need it rubbed in go back and watch the footage of James Segeyaro against us a few weeks ago. That's the kind of hooker we need, and he's stuck on the bench down there.

Don't get me wrong: he seems like a nice bloke with a terrific work ethic, an heroic tackler, and he's not a bad runner of the ball near the line, just he's a slug with zero vision when it comes to ball distribution. If you need it rubbed in go back and watch the footage of James Segeyaro against us a few weeks ago. That's the kind of hooker we need, and he's stuck on the bench down there.
Yeh I'd love to have someone like Segeyaro sharing minutes with Macca. His zip and vision are outstanding. Not sure why he does not play a full game. perhaps he just cannot keep that up for 80.

Yeh I'd love to have someone like Segeyaro sharing minutes with Macca. His zip and vision are outstanding. Not sure why he does not play a full game. perhaps he just cannot keep that up for 80.

Beats me too, he carved us up pretty badly. Apparently he's coming off contract. Might be good value. We could use a couple of PNG players to balance out our Kiwis and Polynesians.

Last edited:
I don't think Ashley 'Fat Stacks' Taylor gives a **** about anything.
I’m not defending him, but if another club offered me $1mil a season to play the game I love when I was 21, it would have been hard not to accept it, regardless of which club it was. Especially if the club I love was only offering me half as much.

He’s not the first young bloke, nor will he be the last, to get dollar-signs in his eyes.

In saying that, it’s clear he hasn’t played the long game. But again, he’s young and obviously doesn’t have someone around him with a bit of maturity to help guide him.

Last edited:
How many points did we have even he went off? I noticed we lost a lot of structure in attack when he did.

How many points did we have even he went off? I noticed we lost a lot of structure in attack when he did.
You mean the structure where you just lob the ball spinning end over end, resulting in a tidy hospital pass?

Our attack is so unstructured one of our plays of the year involved the captain running sideways across the entire width of the field rather than risk passing it.

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • Wolfie
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Battler
  • Scorchie
  • Justwin
  • Brotherdu
  • Strop
  • Midean
  • Volvo Driver
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • porouian
  • Organix
  • simplythebest
  • broncsgoat
  • Mustafur
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mighty Bronx
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 36 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.