"Unprovoked" attack on Watmough and Matai

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/stor ... 02,00.html

POLICE were investigating a serious assault on two Manly NRL stars in the early hours of yesterday morning.

Champion NRL forward Anthony Watmough and centre Steve Matai were punched and kicked by three men outside Matai’s home in Dee Why, The Daily Telegraph reports.

Police have issued a statement suggesting it was an unprovoked attack on the two players.

Both were taken to Mona Vale hospital by ambulance after the attack and released yesterday morning.

They have been cleared of any wrongdoing by new CEO Graham Lowe and coach Des Halser, who interviewed the two players on yesterday afternoon.

The police statement said: ”Police inquiries are continuing after two men were assaulted on the northern beaches early yesterday morning.

*biting my tongue*

It really annoys me that 2 females can be bashed and nothing is really done about.

"violence Against Womanly, Australia says go for it"

draggx said:
It really annoys me that 2 females can be bashed and nothing is really done about.

"violence Against Womanly, Australia says go for it"

LOLZ!

Somehow I doubt it was "unprovoked".

Seems to me a case of "Oi, we need a taxi first eh brah". Manly players: "**** off *****, we were here first". BOOM.

Coxy said:
Somehow I doubt it was "unprovoked".

Seems to me a case of "Oi, we need a taxi first eh brah". Manly players: "**** off ****, we were here first".chk chk BOOM.

Fixed it up for ya dude

They play for Manly, I'd say that's provocation in itself.

Draggx: LOLZIPOPS!

Could be a little 1 on 1 action [icon_drun

So your saying somewhere on the net there is a Watmough/Matai Sex tape... surely the profits from that will put Manly over the cap.

They had a Star Wars wedding. But who's the bitch and who's the butch?

Watmough is abit robotic on the field so id say his R2D2. That would make Matai the bitch

Matai does have nice girly hair.

type Matai into the google image search..... look at first result.....

If Watmough and Matai provoked them pretty sure they wouldn't be the ones hospitalised.

Yeah...coz they iz so tuff. LOLZ

http://www.news.com.au/national/nrl-sta ... 5821152483

"
NRL stars assaulted outside home

Possibly attacked by eight men

Watmough threw his body over mate

MANLY'S champion NRL forward Anthony Watmough helped save the life of teammate Steve Matai by lying over his unconscious body as they were allegedly kicked and punched by a group of thugs.
Police last night indicated it was an unprovoked assault outside Matai's Beacon Hill home at 1.30am on Sunday involving at least three Polynesian men, but possibly as many as eight."

that last sentence there made me giggle. i suppose its hard to tell if it was 3 or 8 when generally people from that area are the size of 3 people each.

What makes me giggle is the notion that you can be outside your home at 1.30am and there's no provocation. Yeah, I'm sure Watmough and Matai weren't drunk, and I'm sure they didn't react to anything from said polynesians and I'm sure they didn't say anything that might fire them up.

i dunno, i can actually see them telling the truth.

Watmough is leaving Matais house, waiting for the taxi, and a bunch of terry-tough-c#%t polynesians see a big tough NRL player and wanna start on him to prove that theyre tougher than him. Matai comes to help, one of the tough polynesians king hits him from behind, as all good tough guys do in fights.

i mean, ive seen this sorta stuff happen outside a pub a million times. when theres a big group of kiwis/polynesians/aboriginals, you dont even have to say a word and they all want to fight you, 10 of them against the one of you.

Yes, but all it took was for Matai or Watmough to say "**** off you *****" and they'd be at it. I guarantee one of them said something to turn it violent.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • marw
  • Organix
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fozz
  • kiwibronco
  • HarryAllan7
  • davidp
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.