Up to 10 Brisbane Broncos players reportedly caught in NRL biosecurity breach at pub

see.....this SHOULD have been dealt with after that night out before the Parra semi....

Nothing done, nothing learnt...

I have never seen a more selfish bunch of useless pricks in my life...ever....

I kinda wish it was an actual breach, at least then our season would be over. This season has been death by 1000 cuts.

well...saner heads prevailing....looks like this was already known and reported back to NRL HQ by the club...

Last edited:

The Brisbane Broncos are aware of reports of an alleged COVID breach by a group of players at the Everton Park Hotel after reports to both Queensland Police and the NRL’s Project Apollo. The Club has spoken at length to the players involved, who attended the hotel for lunch on Saturday, August 1 – the same day that players and staff inside the Club’s “COVID bubble” had transitioned back into more-relaxed Project Apollo Queensland restrictions.

The team had played Cronulla at Suncorp Stadium the night before, which marked the end of a 14-day hard lockdown put in place after the team travelled to Sydney for the Round 10 game against the West Tigers on July 17. The players were of the understanding that lunch at the hotel was permissible under the more-relaxed restrictions which they were under at the time.

The Club has been working closely with the NRL and provided a range of information as requested, and is awaiting a determination.

This comes out now for tpj more than anything. The media want to make it hard to sack him. So a struggling team like the Roosters can come in and offer to take him off our hands for 50%. These pricks are so obvious.

Apparently the media don’t know the NRL bubble rules. Pretty irresponsible of them to claim this could be the end of the 2020 NRL season
I thought the NRL bubble rules were the same throughout the comp regardless of the state. Guess I was wrong.

The media and police do know the rules- They can't be at pubs no matter.- where they at the restaurant or the pub is the sticking point. Plus they signed in under alias- which also creates problems.

Last edited:
see.....this SHOULD have been dealt with after that night out before the Parra semi....

Nothing done, nothing learnt...

I have never seen a more selfish bunch of useless pricks in my life...ever....

this was after a match ... not the day before , completely different circumstances.

I thought the NRL bubble rules were the same throughout the comp regardless of the state. Guess I was wrong.
I keep asking. I keep looking. But I don't find no stinking rules.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Johnny92
  • Bongo
  • Hurrijo
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Pablo
  • bert_lifts
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.