W League

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Congrats to the Qld Roar Women's team who won this years Women's League icon_thumbs_u

I know saw a few games they have been dominant! A girl I went to school with actually plays in the league for Canberra and actually scored a goal against QLD when they played.

go queensland. and good to see the roar get up today as well. hopefully they keep the w league going, as it was some quite interesting viewing on a weekend.

pennywisealfie said:
hopefully they keep the w league going, as it was some quite interesting viewing on a weekend.

Yeah I'm not really a fan of soccer but I caught a few W League games on Sat arvos. I would like to see them run it completely in tandem with the A-League. All the A-League teams have W League equivalents, so they should play the same draw and have the W League games as the lead ups for the A-League games each week. Just a thought.

Flutterby said:
pennywisealfie said:
hopefully they keep the w league going, as it was some quite interesting viewing on a weekend.

Yeah I'm not really a fan of soccer but I caught a few W League games on Sat arvos. I would like to see them run it completely in tandem with the A-League. All the A-League teams have W League equivalents, so they should play the same draw and have the W League games as the lead ups for the A-League games each week. Just a thought.

I'm pretty sure Wellington don't have a team. That is why Canberra are in the comp.

So unless Canberra wanted to play their home games in Wellington, that idea probably isn't possible. [icon_wink

serious? I thought I saw a NZ team playing one week but as I said I don't follow it that closely. Maybe if no Wellington, then Canberra plays the games in Oz where Wellington is playing away and when Wellington plays home games then Canberra plays whoever in Canberra. It could work and I think it would actually reduce the costs for both comps.

I think you will find that the W-league didn't get the go ahead until late thus they were unable to link it in with the A-league games this season Rob. The thought process was to do such but not for all games as there is also the Youth league games which they want to link in to some degree as well. In the end in 2009/10 i think we will see a curtain-raiser of either a youth game or womens game before each A-league game in HAL5.

Ahh cool - thanks for the info Russo

The most interesting part about the W-league is that it's more accessible to TV viewers than the A-league, being on free to air. I could never figure out why the A-League would restrict their potential audience by only going with Foxtel.

Because Foxtel made a firm committed offer to show all the matches live and signed up for a long term contract. It would be great for the game if SBS got a eg.match of the round but Fox Sports does a great job of the coverage all the same.

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • Spooky1013
  • Harry Sack
  • FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
  • Financeguy
  • Ondi
  • Manofoneway
  • kiwibronco
  • Sproj
  • Culhwch
  • Fitzy
  • RolledOates
  • Bish
  • Tristan1990
  • IceWorks
  • Rowdy124
  • mitch222
  • Allo
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.