Waddell

I've always thought he was absolutely terribe. The only positive I could think of was that we didn't have Glenn or something playing hooker instead.

Naturally that's bullshit but that's agendas for you. He was fine and his service was good over in NZ. No errors and all his passes hit the mark without delay. Perhaps watching may help.

Waddell is a decent back up. No club has a second string NRL calibre dummy half on their books or else he would look elsewhere to ply his trade. Waddell is a good ISC hooker and a competent second choice NRL option. He has done his job with the ability that he possesses.

Waddell is a decent back up. No club has a second string NRL calibre dummy half on their books or else he would look elsewhere to ply his trade. Waddell is a good ISC hooker and a competent second choice NRL option. He has done his job with the ability that he possesses.

This. Excellent backup for a few games when necessary.

But yeah. Forward passes. Against the Warriors I was closing my eyes. Luckily none got pinged but if they'd been thrown last week, during the NRL's secret one-week mini-crackdown, he'd have had 4 or 5 pulled back.

Can we re-sign Matt Parcell? Filthy that we let him go and that fucking Manly sold him to England.

Can we re-sign Matt Parcell? Filthy that we let him go and that fucking Manly sold him to England.

Our chances of getting him back are pretty much zilch. He left for more first grade opportunities which he wasn't getting here. I don't think he will want to come back and play second fiddle to Macca again.

And to be honest, he didn't really kick on and live up to the hype. He still has time, but was a bit disappointing at Manly. Had some good games, but had some average ones, he was inconsistent.

This. Excellent backup for a few games when necessary.

But yeah. Forward passes. Against the Warriors I was closing my eyes. Luckily none got pinged but if they'd been thrown last week, during the NRL's secret one-week mini-crackdown, he'd have had 4 or 5 pulled back.
What ? Forward passes ? I watched him closely and only one pass was flat and could have possibly been called but it wasn't so, no forward passes. Also only missed a single tackle while making 15 so, only one error....all his passes hit the mark and he in no way contributed to the Broncos loss. Oh, I've just realised...how the **** would you know what he did or see his work, you had your eyes shut. That should be eye, singular shut. Delusional.

Our chances of getting him back are pretty much zilch. He left for more first grade opportunities which he wasn't getting here. I don't think he will want to come back and play second fiddle to Macca again.

And to be honest, he didn't really kick on and live up to the hype. He still has time, but was a bit disappointing at Manly. Had some good games, but had some average ones, he was inconsistent.
The fans down that way were livid when he was let go....he had quite a few supporters. His first game in England and apparently he killed it....rave reviews

The fans down that way were livid when he was let go....he had quite a few supporters. His first game in England and apparently he killed it....rave reviews

Key word there.

Also re the stat you keep defending of 15 tackles and 1 missed can be kinda misleading. He was barely the dominant tackler in any of them. Kept bouncing off and then got involved again when others arrived.

That and he kept double-pumping passes out of dummy-half, slowing down service even more

Key word there.

Also re the stat you keep defending of 15 tackles and 1 missed can be kinda misleading. He was barely the dominant tackler in any of them. Kept bouncing off and then got involved again when others arrived.

That and he kept double-pumping passes out of dummy-half, slowing down service even more

Maumalo sent him flying.

It's funny that Marshall was giving better and quicker service out of dummy half.

What ? Forward passes ? I watched him closely and only one pass was flat and could have possibly been called but it wasn't so, no forward passes. Also only missed a single tackle while making 15 so, only one error....all his passes hit the mark and he in no way contributed to the Broncos loss. Oh, I've just realised...how the **** would you know what he did or see his work, you had your eyes shut. That should be eye, singular shut. Delusional.

Sorry, you were watching the wrong game. There were consecutive forward passes from dummy half on multiple occasions. I have no idea why that upsets you so much, but that's what happened.

Wasn't really his fault, he had some road blocks in his way. Barrett is against hookers running and wanted service to DCE and that is all. Not really Matt's natural game and taking away his strength.

It's hard to play good football when you're at oppositional ends of the playing spectrum to your coach and fighting your natural instincts.

He has scored 11 tries this year so far

Key word there.

This has got to be the most annoying thing in the world.

Throwing dummies at the line is one thing, doing it consistently at dummy half when you are already slow. OMG it pained me when he was playing for the raiders. I hope he is playing when we get you guys in a couple of weeks.

The reason he passes fwd is his pick up off the ground is slow .
Once he gets the ball in his hands his timing is OK . The guys running onto the ball time their run right but Waddel takes a few extra tenths of a second to pick the ball up .
Means they have to decelerate as they come onto the ball . Or be at best flat with the dummy half when they receive the ball . Hurts us in metres after contact . Instead of surging as they approach the defense they are sitting ducks to be dominated in the tackle .
Pass the ball off the ground in one motion . Don`t delay the pick up , stand up , then pass . Takes too long .

I don`t understand how the video analysts haven`t picked up on it and passed it onto the skills coaches .

Last edited:

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • bb_gun
  • Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.