Waddell

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Huge is clearly involved in a heavily sexual relationship with Waddell.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
So, Morkel cannot find any forward passes...so, time to openly admit you were totally wrong about Waddells performance. Also time to admit your hysterical and illogical claims about multiple forward passes, multiple occurrences and having to close your eyes were all either wrong or false or even worse, outright lies.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I am always disgusted by ill conceived prejudgement. I also abhor wannabees denigrating players who perhaps are not superstars but are honest toilers making the best of their skills. Most posters on here are not fit to polish the shoes of the worst first grader, at least in a footballing sense. Have an opinion sure but let it be an honest and considered one. Look at the evidence and then make a claim....this concept is totally foreign to some and it's especially true of MORKEL.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
So, Morkel cannot find any forward passes...so, time to openly admit you were totally wrong about Waddells performance. Also time to admit your hysterical and illogical claims about multiple forward passes, multiple occurrences and having to close your eyes were all either wrong or false or even worse, outright lies.

I am always disgusted by ill conceived prejudgement. I also abhor wannabees denigrating players who perhaps are not superstars but are honest toilers making the best of their skills. Most posters on here are not fit to polish the shoes of the worst first grader, at least in a footballing sense. Have an opinion sure but let it be an honest and considered one. Look at the evidence and then make a claim....this concept is totally foreign to some and it's especially true of MORKEL.

So are you going to admit you were wrong about Waddell never throwing forward passes in any of his games for the Broncos?

It's funny you slam people for not admitting they are wrong and carry on that you always admit you are wrong.. But you still haven't admitted you were wrong about your claim the other day, instead you went completely silent on the matter.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
No one disputed that he was an excellent backup. I've sung his praises too. But taking any deficiencies in his game akin to a slight on one's manhood is pretty funny. Seeing as I'm currently doing weekend work for $30 an hour minus tax, I'll happily give up 80 minutes of my life.
What do you need 80 minutes for...Waddell only played 26 1/2 minutes. You should have posted all those forward passes, multiple forward passes and multiple occasions .....I mean you've had the film for plenty of time.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012

Dude. Relax.

Last year, he threw a few forward passes in sets really close together in a game. It happened. We all know it happened. No need to go attacking people.

Also, of all the players you want to die on a hill for, you choose Waddell?

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
So are you going to admit you were wrong about Waddell never throwing forward passes in any of his games for the Broncos?

It's funny you slam people for not admitting they are wrong and carry on that you always admit you are wrong.. But you still haven't admitted you were wrong about your claim the other day, instead you went completely silent on the matter.
No, I repeatedly said he had a poor first half against the Sharks. I wrote this before you kept banging on about it. A normal person, a reasonable person would understand that no footy player in history has not thrown a forward pass. This is a given and I would expect you'd be smart enough to know that. Naturally Lockyer LewisLanger and Waddell have all thrown a forward pass....you couldn't be so thick as to ho estly think I was making a claim that Waddell is the only player in the history of the game to not throw a forward pass. Get over it.

There is a world of difference between that throwaway line and deliberately lying about a player. Sure, I was wrong to write that. I meant that Waddell had not been throwing forward passes when he played for us last year. Pretending that he threw 5 in a row every game is a lie.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Dude. Relax.

Last year, he threw a few forward passes in sets really close together in a game. It happened. We all know it happened. No need to go attacking people.

Also, of all the players you want to die on a hill for, you choose Waddell?
If every person was condemned for their worst moment it would be a world of sinners. I didn't dispute that LAST YEAR he had a few disappointing moments. I wasn't attacking people, I attacked the false claims and outright lies. I also told the truth that he had a poor opening 40 minutes however he went from strength to strength after that putting in 3 and half games of solid first grade standard stuff. I don't agree with people claiming that those first 40 minutes were representative of the total time he spent in first grade.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
8 min mark . example of what I`m talkin about ball rolls half a metre out of the ruck before he picks up . Leads to a knock on as the receiver is under pressure .

Minute later again leaves the ball on the ground . Passes to Hunt puts him under pressure .

10 .53 looking at the ref appealing for a penalty .Not ready when the ball is played . Ball again on the ground and well clear of the ruck .

19.11 again lets the ball come to him , then slow of the ground .

23.56 another slow pick up .

Now compare that dummy half work with Bunji @ 25 .17 . Bunj reaches in just behind the player`s feet and passes straight away . 1% er .

Wadell stands back waits for the ball to come . Mean while the defense line is gaining momentum .

Last edited:
tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
giphy.gif

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Hehehe. Someone's terrified.

I've got a kid on each shoulder right now. How about I finish putting these kids to sleep and then get my other familial obligations out of the way first? Or is there a time limit?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
No, I repeatedly said he had a poor first half against the Sharks. I wrote this before you kept banging on about it. A normal person, a reasonable person would understand that no footy player in history has not thrown a forward pass. This is a given and I would expect you'd be smart enough to know that. Naturally Lockyer LewisLanger and Waddell have all thrown a forward pass....you couldn't be so thick as to ho estly think I was making a claim that Waddell is the only player in the history of the game to not throw a forward pass. Get over it.

There is a world of difference between that throwaway line and deliberately lying about a player. Sure, I was wrong to write that. I meant that Waddell had not been throwing forward passes when he played for us last year. Pretending that he threw 5 in a row every game is a lie.

How on earth did we get onto this? Who even said that?

By the way, there have been Rugby League players that have never thrown a forward pass. Paul Kent being one of them....

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
8 min mark . example of what I`m talkin about ball rolls half a metre out of the ruck before he picks up . Leads to a knock on as the receiver is under pressure .

Minute later again leaves the ball on the ground . Passes to Hunt puts him under pressure .

10 .53 looking at the ref appealing for a penalty .Not ready when the ball is played . Ball again on the ground and well clear of the ruck .

19.11 again lets the ball come to him , then slow of the ground .

23.56 another slow pick up .

Now compare that dummy half work with Bunji @ 25 .17 . Bunj reaches in just behind the player`s feet and passes straight away . 1% er .

Wadell stands back waits for the ball to come . Mean while the defense line is gaining momentum .
Truly, you may have a point about his speed with which he picks up the ball although it does seem to be a trifle nitpicking. Marshall on the other hand is an elite level player, an international and played at the very top for a very long time so comparing a moderately talented battler is not really a just comparison.

Be that as it may I was never concerned with that part of Waddells game. I took issue with the outright lies and misrepresentation of the facts about his passing game, you may have offered an explanation as to why he is not elite and that's a reasonable thing to do.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Hehehe. Someone's terrified.

I've got a kid on each shoulder right now. How about I finish putting these kids to sleep and then get my other familial obligations out of the way first? Or is there a time limit?
You've got eternity....and that still won't be enough time for you to find a forward pass that you couldn't bear to watch.....there wasn't any as BP wrote. After you have failed please just write you were wrong, no one will think less of you, I couldn't even if I wanted to.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
@ Huge
I got your point . I also think the high sideline view makes some passes look fwd , when we aren`t actually in a proper position to judge .

Its that extra moment on the ground that breaks the rhythms . Seems like a little thing and should have been addressed by the coaches . Long before now .

Would now like to take more notice of Macas time from the ball heeled - to delivery .
But when Wadell has played I sensed the timing was off from dummy half .

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
petty

adjective, pettier, pettiest.
of little or no importance or consequence:
petty grievances.
of lesser or secondary importance, merit, etc.; minor:
petty considerations.
having or showing narrow ideas, interests, etc.:
petty minds.
mean or ungenerous in small or trifling things:
a petty person.
showing or caused by meanness of spirit:
a petty revenge.
of secondary rank, especially in relation to others of the same class or kind:
petty states; a petty tyrant.
a thread on BroncosHQ where fans discuss the accuracy of a back-up hooker's passing game:
a petty thread

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
@ Huge
I got your point . I also think the high sideline view makes some passes look fwd , when we aren`t actually in a proper position to judge .

its that extra moment on the ground that breaks the rhythms . Seems like a little thing and should have been addressed by the coaches . Long before now .
Cheers, it was only ever about sticking up for the under dog especially when the kicking starts. Interestingly I looked back at Waddells stats particularly his errors. One, that's right one in four games ! Rounds 9,10,14 and 16.... I know it's a small sample but his tackle count was McCullough like, he averaged 35 but that was two half games and two full games. In the games where he played the full match he averaged 50 a match. He simply wasn't as bad as he's been portrayed, well at least for the Broncos. Yes, before then he probably was terrible but not for us.

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • Galah
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
  • pennywisealfie
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.