Wake up and smell what's cooking: Controlled demolition

I guess it could be a coincidence if drawing a line in the sand just so happens to be for this single event. I'd bet money the next NRL player to be suspended while injured won't have to serve his suspension after he's medically cleared.
Could @1910 shed some light on this because I was always of the understanding that they in fact did have to wait until they were fit to play to serve their suspension??

Could @1910 shed some light on this because I was always of the understanding that they in fact did have to wait until they were fit to play to serve their suspension??
Its possible, but why would they not allow him to do his rehab and education requirements while injured? As others have said, surely the Broncos would have got him to do that stuff while injured so he would be cleared to play once he has healed up.

Let's just go over this again.

Three of the Broncos top players have been subject to suspensions over non-events - Hass (standing up for a mate), Pangai (attending the opening of a barber shop) and Staggs (attempting to chat up a woman).

So, second-rate players don't receive such ridiculous suspensions.
Players from other clubs don't receive such ridiculous suspensions (although Jack DeBelin is an exception).
Only Bronco match-winners.

Anyone who continues to use the term "conspiracy theory" on this thread after reading my initial post, need to realise that you are seriously deficient in critical thinking ability.

You are one of the brainwashed. Wake up.
I have resisted responding to you and correcting your errors, but I can't resist this time:

1. Haas was in fact in trouble for refusing to cooperate with an integrity unit investigation, not for standing up for a mate (another error, it was an investigation into allegations involving his family members). I would expect any player refusing to assist the integrity unit would cop a suspension.

Pangai - breached the COVID19 bubble arrangements and did it quite deliberately at an event that involved organised crime elements. There were in fact multiple allegations of him breaching the COVID19 protocols which gave rise to his suspension and fine.

Here are what some club legends said about his actions:

Pangai Jr was criticised by Brisbane legend and now Channel 7 sports host Shane Webcke before he was sacked on Tuesday.

“It’s actually quite disgraceful, and it’s inexcusable in as much that he hasn’t broken a rule to do something important,” Webcke said.

Kevin Walters, a five-time premiership winner in Brisbane, also described Pangai Jr’s behaviour as infuriating.

“Tevita Pangai has taken it upon himself to not listen to those rules and put himself above the rules and above the team and above the club, which is extremely disappointing from my perspective and the game’s perspective as well,” Walters told Big Sports Breakfast.

“We’re all relying on these players to do the right thing ... when rugby league players and sports people, in particular, don’t do the right thing it’s just really upsetting and disappointing in every respect.”

Staggs is a repeat offender and was already on thin ice prior to this latest incident. I will not comment further on this one because I (and I believe no one on here has) do not have full knowledge of what it is alleged that he did in this incident.

Its possible, but why would they not allow him to do his rehab and education requirements while injured? As others have said, surely the Broncos would have got him to do that stuff while injured so he would be cleared to play once he has healed up.
Just throwing it out there, the incident happened in April, knowing how slow the integrity unit can be in investigating incidents, is it possible that they only recently completed their investigation and provided it to the NRL and what has come out this week represents the NRL sanction arising from that investigation? Hence the club would not have known about it?

Just throwing it out there, the incident happened in April, knowing how slow the integrity unit can be in investigating incidents, is it possible that they only recently completed their investigation and provided it to the NRL and what has come out this week represents the NRL sanction arising from that investigation? Hence the club would not have known about it?
Anythings possible, just suspicious it all comes to a head when he gets cleared to come back and play.

I have resisted responding to you and correcting your errors, but I can't resist this time:

1. Haas was in fact in trouble for refusing to cooperate with an integrity unit investigation, not for standing up for a mate (another error, it was an investigation into allegations involving his family members). I would expect any player refusing to assist the integrity unit would cop a suspension.

Pangai - breached the COVID19 bubble arrangements and did it quite deliberately at an event that involved organised crime elements. There were in fact multiple allegations of him breaching the COVID19 protocols which gave rise to his suspension and fine.

Here are what some club legends said about his actions:

Pangai Jr was criticised by Brisbane legend and now Channel 7 sports host Shane Webcke before he was sacked on Tuesday.

“It’s actually quite disgraceful, and it’s inexcusable in as much that he hasn’t broken a rule to do something important,” Webcke said.

Kevin Walters, a five-time premiership winner in Brisbane, also described Pangai Jr’s behaviour as infuriating.

“Tevita Pangai has taken it upon himself to not listen to those rules and put himself above the rules and above the team and above the club, which is extremely disappointing from my perspective and the game’s perspective as well,” Walters told Big Sports Breakfast.

“We’re all relying on these players to do the right thing ... when rugby league players and sports people, in particular, don’t do the right thing it’s just really upsetting and disappointing in every respect.”

Staggs is a repeat offender and was already on thin ice prior to this latest incident. I will not comment further on this one because I (and I believe no one on here has) do not have full knowledge of what it is alleged that he did in this incident.
Refusing to cooperate with an integrity unit? In what regard? What was his real crime? What damage did he do?

Really?

Do better. Come up with some real crime before you attempt to defend the indefensible.

Oh ... Shane Webke criticised Pangia ... must be a crime!!!!

Because Staggs has a record, then he must be guilty?

This is quite pathetic. I find this line completely ridiculous.

What actually are their crimes? I look forward to your answer.

Refusing to cooperate with an integrity unit? In what regard? What was his real crime? What damage did he do?

Really?

Do better. Come up with some real crime before you attempt to defend the indefensible.

Ohh look, the insane person is making up more stuff. Off field incidents are handled by the NRL integrity unit. You read that... INTEGRITY UNIT. It is not called the NRL REAL CRIME UNIT! They handle incidents that hurt the INTEGRITY of the game and its players.

Footballers are public figures and the NRL wants to make sure they set good examples to maintain the INTEGRITY of the game. Drunken incidents with women are not good examples. I look forward to your inane remarks about intelligence and critical thinking. If you actually agreed with what I said, then I would know I made a mistake somewhere.

Anythings possible, just suspicious it all comes to a head when he gets cleared to come back and play.

Really?

I can't help you any further if you lack all comprehension, any modicum of common sense or basic intelligence (which you apparently do). I wish I could, but I am not a miracle worker. You are very aptly named though, well done on that.

Seibold last year banning all ex-players and “old boys” from responsibility within the club – effectively isolating the players from positive influences who would mentor the young players in club culture. The old boys would have also seen spoken out about the hatchet job
The club letting match-winning players – Fifita, Walsh, Sam Walker, Coates – without a fight.
Seibold didn’t ban all ex-players and Old boys from the club. For a start Lockyer was on the board during Seibold’s entire time here and still is.

Secondly, Alfie was and remains a trainer at the club and was there for Seibold’s entire tenure.

3rdly, no less than Michael Hancock, Jack Reed, Matt Gillett, Jharal Yow Yeh, Justin Hodges, Scott Prince, Corey Parker, Peter Ryan and probably other ex-players and “old boys” I can’t even remember off the top of my head, were employed by Brisbane in varying roles during Seibold’s tenure,

People can say what they like about Seibold’s relationship with the Broncos Old Boys, but in 2019 at the last Broncos Old Boys luncheon, he was the only member of the then team to actually appear at the luncheon and was chatting and having a beer with Broncos old boys all afternoon. There was no issue whatsoever between him and those old boys. I was there and saw it first hand.

Broncos didn’t put up a fight for Fifita? We offered him $750k a year initially and then when the Titans came in with a big offer, bumped our offer up to $850k. The Titans gave him stupid money and we were smart not to match them.

The other guys? Walker we offered, he went elsewhere. Same with Walsh and Coates. We didn’t keep any of them, but that is different to “not putting up a fight” as you call it. Shithouse recruitment is to blame there, not the Illuminati or Rothchilds or whatever other nonsense you’ve come up with…

Seibold didn’t ban all ex-players and Old boys from the club. For a start Lockyer was on the board during Seibold’s entire time here and still is.

Secondly, Alfie was and remains a trainer at the club and was there for Seibold’s entire tenure.

3rdly, no less than Michael Hancock, Jack Reed, Matt Gillett, Jharal Yow Yeh, Justin Hodges, Scott Prince, Corey Parker, Peter Ryan and probably other ex-players and “old boys” I can’t even remember off the top of my head, were employed by Brisbane in varying roles during Seibold’s tenure,

People can say what they like about Seibold’s relationship with the Broncos Old Boys, but in 2019 at the last Broncos Old Boys luncheon, he was the only member of the then team to actually appear at the luncheon and was chatting and having a beer with Broncos old boys all afternoon. There was no issue whatsoever between him and those old boys. I was there and saw it first hand.

Broncos didn’t put up a fight for Fifita? We offered him $750k a year initially and then when the Titans came in with a big offer, bumped our offer up to $850k. The Titans gave him stupid money and we were smart not to match them.

The other guys? Walker we offered, he went elsewhere. Same with Walsh and Coates. We didn’t keep any of them, but that is different to “not putting up a fight” as you call it. Shithouse recruitment is to blame there, not the Illuminati or Rothchilds or whatever other nonsense you’ve come up with…

No insult here but eluding and alluding really seems to confuse a lot of people. Simple way to remember which is which is Allude is About. Emphasis on the A. Elude is Escape.
I'm sure most people came to BHQ to have their grammar corrected. Well done.

We fucked our chances with Walker, it wasn't about money. We have pretty good evidence of that from @1910

We fucked our chances with Walker, it wasn't about money. We have pretty good evidence of that from @1910
Sure, but we made an offer to him, he just took a better one. As did everyone else on that list...

Our recruitment was / is effed up, no doubt about it. But it’s a competence issue clearly, not a conspiracy…

I'm sure most people came to BHQ to have their grammar corrected. Well done.
Thanks Kooly, appreciate the support. Rest assured, I'll keep up the good fight. Funny thing is, Midean didn't seem too hurt by the bad man. He might even have taken it in the spirit intended.

Sure, but we made an offer to him, he just took a better one. As did everyone else on that list...

From what I remember of the story....it was more the way Seibold/Brisbane handled the negotiations with the young Walker that led him to go elsewhere. I think he was a 17 yo and was told he couldn't involve his parents/advisors in the negotiations.....and you have to give us an answer ......now.

If true....it sounds a totally inappropriate way to deal with a "minor".

From what I remember of the story....it was more the way Seibold/Brisbane handled the negotiations with the young Walker that led him to go elsewhere. I think he was a 17 yo and was told he couldn't involve his parents/advisors in the negotiations.....and you have to give us an answer ......now.

If true....it sounds a totally inappropriate way to deal with a "minor".
Yep, no issue with that description of events at all. As I said our recruitment has clearly been inept.

But just because it was a piss-poor effort at signing these blokes, doesn’t mean there wasn’t any, the position taken by the original poster…

Yep, no issue with that description of events at all. As I said our recruitment has clearly been inept.

But just because it was a piss-poor effort at signing these blokes, doesn’t mean there wasn’t any, the position taken by the original poster…

I appreciate that people find it hard to believe such treason from the top, and will try and explain everything away as "incompetence" or "coincidence".

As mentioned, how can we have let so many potential match winners go without a fight (Walsh, Fifita, Walker and yes, Deardon) yet have only signed a clapped-out halfback who won't improve from what he's shown.

I've copped it for years from anti-Bronco friends about third-party deals. Apparently they have no attraction any more.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.