Wallace has option to review contract??

As i understood it we offered him 180K a season. I doubt he would change clubs so soon after relocating from penrith

FCB BB AKA MB said:
Alec said:
[quote="robbie mustoe":19w55m0p]
Alec said:
Double what we offered him? Didn't we offer him a little over 200K? He is so not worth 400+K at this stage.

On the positive side, we might be able to keep Ennis if he goes. :oops:

First of all, Wallace is far more important to the balance of the side than Ennis.

I disagree. As far as our current side operates, Ennis is doing most of the directing, while Wallace is being more Thurston-like in attack. I'm not saying it would be a complete positive re-signing Ennis, just saying it would be getting the best out of a bad situation.

What are you on about with this pro-ennis agenda you have, Wallace steers us around the park he plays nothing like Thurston. He does most of our kicking and plays first receiver 9 times out of 10. Ennis passes to the forwards on the one out plays just like any hooker, he is playing well because he is taking the ball forward and getting the forwards rolling and is darting out of dummy half well not because he is 'directing the team'.[/quote:19w55m0p]

LOL. Directing a team isn't about being at first receiver and doing most of the kicking - Cooper Cronk does that and he isn't even close to being an organizer.

Wallace does control some aspects, but it's mostly Ennis, with him playing for field position and guiding the team through the sets of 6. Wallace doesn't do this as much. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying he is bad. Thurston isn't an organizer, and he is awesome. I was just arguing the point about Wallace being our organizer, which he is in a way, but it's mostly Ennis who does it.

People think it's always the halfback who directs the side, but that's not always the case - a lot of the time Hookers do it, like Ennis, Cam Smith, Aaron Payne and Robbie Farah. And being able to do that is what puts them ahead of the rest IMO.

man i saw Weidler at ANZ Stadium today if i knew about this i wouldve asked him what he knows.

spoonbled said:
man i saw Weidler at ANZ Stadium today if i knew about this i wouldve asked him what he knows.

And he would have lied & said heaps.

saw on net article in SMH that wallace will be at the Broncos until end of 2009 at least but 6 clubs were asking if he could play for them as early as next season

bits from the article

" A clause in the Bronco's contract says the club can offer him an upgrade or extension within 28 days of his Origin debut but the 22-year-old is not able to shop himself around the NRL and leave Brisbane before the end of 2009"

"But his manager insisted the cool-headed youngster would repay the faith to Brisbane for taking a punt on him this season.

"If they come up with the right sort of offer to where he is situated now I think he is a pretty loyal bloke," said Gainey.

"They have the option to throw something at us we can consider or we can sit it out and he will be on the market in 2010."

As I said in the other thread, sign him up now! Locky wont be around after 09 so that some of that money at Wallace.

We need him, the club can build a team around a guy like Peter. There is no doubt in my mind he is a future leader of the club if decides to stay.

He is an absolute gem, who is not overawed by the occasion. His signing is a MUST!

It would be a deep burn for me and most likely every other Broncos fan to watch him walk out on us.

I'd like to see more of him before we pay too much money.

i agree sign him now but i think Bruno is worried we will be over cap with heaps of players off contract at end of 09

Quote from an article on foxsports.

As the Brisbane five-eighth returned home after his five-star Blues debut, chief executive Bruno Cullen declared his determination to upgrade and extend the contract of the 22-year-old.

WTF? He is our halfback. Geez these media w**k**s really piss me off. I reckon they do it on purpose.

Prince Langer said:
Quote from an article on foxsports.

As the Brisbane five-eighth returned home after his five-star Blues debut, chief executive Bruno Cullen declared his determination to upgrade and extend the contract of the 22-year-old.

WTF? He is our halfback. Geez these media w**k**s really piss me off. I reckon they do it on purpose.

Yeh I noticed that on the foxsports site too and in the Daily Telegraph. Good ol' reliable media [icon_shru

Hopefully he'll be good enough at the end of 2009 for us to actually pay him that much.

Alec said:
Hopefully he'll be good enough at the end of 2009 for us to actually pay him that much.
we may not actually have to pay him that much. just get close to it

OMG: The guy with white spit on his lip was correct.

what happened to the days of your halfback being the most valuable player a team should keep. Sign him for life!!!

AT least the clause in his contract doesn't allow him to negotiate with other clubs. I hope the Cullen offers him a reasonable contract that would entice him to stay. i also hope that he does show some loyalty to the Broncos (as long as they give him a decent offer) considering that last year nobody wanted him. he could even get a 120K offer from the Panthers. But the Broncos saw his ability and i hope he wants to repay that faith that the Broncos had in him.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.