Wallace has option to review contract??

B

broncos85

BRL Player
May 1, 2008
An article today written by Danny Weidler stated that Wallace has a clause in his contract that if he is/was selcted for rep footy he has 28 days to review his contract. Supposedly up to 5 clubs are chasing him now and according to the article are willing to double his salary.

Has anyone heard anything else about this or know if this is true??

Id hate to finally have a half to lose him because of origin selection especially for the blues!!

More crap from the Dribbler.

Even if it was true I'd think Wallace would remember we gave him a pretty good deal to start with.

If he's the type of guy who would get so full of himself after one origin selection he would dump the club that gave him the opportunity to get there so quickly, the I say - let him go, don't want him as part of our club. Personally from what I've heard about the type of guy he is, I don't think he'll go.

he will be a bronco for quite a while yet, im well confident.

This better not be true!!!

I will be cut deep if it is and he decides to leave [icon_pray.

It would suck.... especially as he should never have been in the rep side to start with.

Double what we offered him? Didn't we offer him a little over 200K? He is so not worth 400+K at this stage.

On the positive side, we might be able to keep Ennis if he goes. :oops:

*yawn* Speculation.

People here are so sensitive to it!

Alec said:
Double what we offered him? Didn't we offer him a little over 200K? He is so not worth 400+K at this stage.

That would be no positive at all, we have needed a half back forever and Wallace is everything we could wish for. Ennis is a player we have had for a while now who has played 1 good month of football and is far easier to replace.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
Alec said:

That would be no positive at all, we have needed a half back forever and Wallace is everything we could wish for. Ennis is a player we have had for a while now who has played 1 good month of football and is far easier to replace.

Agreed totally. It is much easier to find a good hooker than it is to find a good halfback. We've got a gem in Wallace and we need to keep him. If Ennis goes, it'll be unfortunate but PJ Marsh is here as well remember, and has still got a few good years in him. By the time he goes for whatever reason someone will be able to step up to the plate.

Alec said:

First of all, Wallace is far more important to the balance of the side than Ennis.

Secondly, I was also under the impression that we offered him a fair bit over 200 to get him. I'd be surprised if there were clubs out there willing to pay 500k for him.

robbie mustoe said:
Alec said:

First of all, Wallace is far more important to the balance of the side than Ennis.

I disagree. As far as our current side operates, Ennis is doing most of the directing, while Wallace is being more Thurston-like in attack. I'm not saying it would be a complete positive re-signing Ennis, just saying it would be getting the best out of a bad situation.

If Weidler told me that it was raining, I would have to check to see if it was.

Alec said:
robbie mustoe said:
Alec said:

I disagree. As far as our current side operates, Ennis is doing most of the directing, while Wallace is being more Thurston-like in attack. I'm not saying it would be a complete positive re-signing Ennis, just saying it would be getting the best out of a bad situation.

What are you on about with this pro-ennis agenda you have, Wallace steers us around the park he plays nothing like Thurston. He does most of our kicking and plays first receiver 9 times out of 10. Ennis passes to the forwards on the one out plays just like any hooker, he is playing well because he is taking the ball forward and getting the forwards rolling and is darting out of dummy half well not because he is 'directing the team'.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.