Wallace injured

Wallaces injury although untimely was to be expected, sadly it happens every year which is why I though Smith would have been an excellent addition to our club. Hunt is the natural replacement now of course, it's almost a case of be careful what you wish for, it just may come true. Very few if anybody here wanted Smith and was happy to be rid of him, everyone thought/thinks that Hunt is the future and just about everyone rates him very highly. So far he has been less then impressive IMO, but now he gets his chance. He will have between 4-6 weeks to show he's not another Seymour, Walker or Moon.

Burg said:
Many people including me thought that this would be the year that Simms really cements his position as a forward leader and enforcer, sadly this has not been the case. To say that Henjak has something against him is ludicrous schoolboy stuff. No coach of a professional football club would jeopardise his own future for the sake of a grudge. Simms results are there for that care to look. At no stage this year has he deserved to be picked based on his QLD Cup form, or on anything that he has displayed in his few chances in first grade. You have to earn a first grade spot and Simms has not warranted selection. He needs to stop sulking and get out and demand selection on performance or go find another club and stop wasting valuable salary cap money.

true but he did nothing at all to deservr to be dropprd again, if anything he showed why he should be in first grade. The last 2 years after being dropped he has come into the side and played real well. Why wouldnt a first grade coach drop a player because he has something against them. It makes it a lot eazier to tell the board to not renew his contract when he not in first grade.

rod78 said:
Burg said:
Many people including me thought that this would be the year that Simms really cements his position as a forward leader and enforcer, sadly this has not been the case. To say that Henjak has something against him is ludicrous schoolboy stuff. No coach of a professional football club would jeopardise his own future for the sake of a grudge. Simms results are there for that care to look. At no stage this year has he deserved to be picked based on his QLD Cup form, or on anything that he has displayed in his few chances in first grade. You have to earn a first grade spot and Simms has not warranted selection. He needs to stop sulking and get out and demand selection on performance or go find another club and stop wasting valuable salary cap money.

true but he did nothing at all to deservr to be dropprd again, if anything he showed why he should be in first grade. The last 2 years after being dropped he has come into the side and played real well. Why wouldnt a first grade coach drop a player because he has something against them. It makes it a lot eazier to tell the board to not renew his contract when he not in first grade.

What do you consider "real well"? He was a passenger for most of the time he was on, just going through the motions from what I saw. No venom in his runs and no sting in his defence. What exactly he did he do that impressed you so much?

I usually agree with you Burg but not this time. When Sims was on he ran hard and thumped blokes. I have no particular love for the bloke but he seemed to be one of our best forwards that day. The POTS for that week tends to back me up.

Its still his laziness at marker later in games and when he is the inside defender on a slide he drops off, the same as Taylor, IMO. If you are trying to build a good defensive pattern you have to have confidence in the bloke beside you to do his job especially when things get tough late in each half.

Dexter said:
Its still his laziness at marker later in games and when he is the inside defender on a slide he drops off, the same as Taylor, IMO. If you are trying to build a good defensive pattern you have to have confidence in the bloke beside you to do his job especially when things get tough late in each half.

+1

Broncos do have a lot of lazy forwards in that regard though.

Active Now

• jd87
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fitzy
  • marw
  • Griffo
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Xzei
  • Alec
  • Wolfie
  • Old Mate
  • johnyE
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fatboy
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • GCBRONCO
  • HarryAllan7
  • Cavalo
  • Broncosgirl
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.