Wally, The Only Bronco...

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
In the Centenary side. this is bullshit, if Lazarus wasnt to be there, than surely Webcke shouldve been, i believe lockyer or langer shouldve at least got a bench spot and wayne bennett shouldve been coach. stupid nswrl.

pennywisealfie said:
In the Centenary side. this is bullshit, if Lazarus wasnt to be there, than surely Webcke shouldve been, i believe lockyer or langer shouldve at least got a bench spot and wayne bennett shouldve been coach. stupid nswrl.

To be fair it was 100 years of footy and we played 20 of them. Though successful we were, it was a compliment to get players in the 100 and then to get the starting 5/8th. Lazarus was the only guy I half expected them to put on the bench but its not like nuffies beat him out.

Full of old farts who wouldn't last 10 minutes against a team of modern players.

No surprise really.

Only one that deserved to be picked in that elite company I'm afraid Penny.

exactly!

its all done on hearsay, how does anyone knows that messenger was that good?

Greg Alexander was one of the judges and he said hes done a lot of asking around. so basically hes asked a lot of old people who of course are saying "Frank Burge, they dont make 'em like that anymore" and general old person shit. its a stupid list and i dont know why im getting so angry over it lol.

IMO they did well with their selection. It represented players through entire 100yrs. In all honesty it is impossible to narrow the thousands of players down to one team. There was always going to be some kind of uproar, no matter who was selected.
I'm not surprised Lewis was the only Bronco...there were 80 years of quality players that came before us!
pennywisealfie, I think you are reacting the same way you think 'nswrl' would if more Bronco's were chosen [icon_lol1.

I know how to determine which is the better team: the Centenary team or the current Broncos.

Play a match [icon_evillaugh

They can draft in a ringer for those who have carked it but the others have to player. Wheelchairs and walking sticks are allowed.

IMO it's a great thing that he was in there.

As has been stated before, this is our 21st year. Surely there are other clubs who had NO ONE involved in the team?!!

Only shocker was the selection of Andrew Johns ahead of Sterling, Langer et al. A simple case of someone being fresh in the mind and being chosen for that reason alone.

I love it. NSW whinging that QLD voted on state lines...for players that the NSW selectors are saying they wouldn't vote for. Why? Because they were from Queensland :roll: [icon_lol1.

I hope they keep up the whinging. It will further discredit this team and it will be relegated to a poster that a few people have in their toilets.

And Frank: no way could Renouf or Webcke have rated a mention in this team. Good players, but never truly dominant. Langer was never going to be picked for the sheer reason he was never assured of the Test number 7 while Stuart was around. Lockyer there could have been an argument, but Clive Churchill was always going to make it. If anywhere, Lockyer may have made the bench because he's captained his country in 2 positions.

One of the main reasons I have a gripe with Johns being the halfback is that he played just about as many Tests and Origins at hooker as he did at halfback. He never shook Langer out of the Test jersey. He simply inherited it when he retired.

Frank the Tank said:
Frank can't really disagree with Johns' selection though. He is right up there with the best players Frank has ever seen, and could single handedly turn or even win a match.

Only cause he was peaking off his tits. He admitted playing under the influence of drugs. How can he be named the best halfback when he cheated his way through his career.

Frank the Tank said:
[quote="Prince Langer":2f370z1d]
Only cause he was peaking off his tits. He admitted playing under the influence of drugs. How can he be named the best halfback when he cheated his way through his career.
ecstasy or whatever he was on is not a performance enhancing drug. as The Rock said, if anything they would've been detrimental to his on-field performance.[/quote:2f370z1d]

Gee, its not like ectasy charges you up or gives you an energy burst. How dumb of me to think that.

In every ectasy tablet will be speed and incase you arent able to determine what speed does by its name, it speeds you up. Your senses are on alert, kind of like V and Red Bull to a lesser extent.
Now if he was a pot smoker, that would be different it is a depressent, ectasy is a stimulant.

Also Johns did admit to playing whilst under the influence. He didnt just take it on the night after a game and it was out of his system by the next round. You also have to consider him training whilst on it. That is cheating in every aspect of the word.

He ruined his rep. He is a drug taking cheat. I dont think he needed to take drugs to be as good as he was. Because he did, he can not be considered better than anybody who didnt take drugs as well

Frank the Tank said:
it wont help you flatten guys twice your size time and time again.

Actually it kinda might. You probably switch off that little bit of your brain that's all about self preservation!

But moot point, I don't recall he ever took drugs BEFORE a game.

The Rock said:
I don't think being on those sort of Drugs can actually enhance your performance (Can do quite the opposite actually) and he did not take drugs throughout his career, he's already stated that he only took them occasional during the NRL season.

He's not going to admit to taking performance enhancing drugs.

Frank the Tank said:
Possible, but not worrying about hurting yourself doesn't necessarily mean you'll be able to take down guys that have 30kg+ on you

True. But again, I think his revelation was more that he took drugs while out after a game because he'd avoid the drug testers that way. They get tested immediately after a game usually.

Coxy said:
True. But again, I think his revelation was more that he took drugs while out after a game because he'd avoid the drug testers that way. They get tested immediately after a game usually.

That's why he preferred the Friday night games.

After he was tested, the popping started & by Monday it was out of his system. (that was before the drug testers 'turned' up unannounced.)

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • azza.79
  • Bucking Beads
  • Culhwch
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • FACTHUNT
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Foordy
  • Lurker
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • broncoscope
  • BroncosMan
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • broncotville
  • GCBRONCO
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.