OFFICIAL Walsh signs with the Broncos until 2025

Fox Sports have again raised the click bait article about the tough decision Walters has for the fullback position. saying Cobbo should be given first shot at fullback. Fox Sports say that with Cobbo and Walsh in the same team and strong players currently at five-eighth and in the centres, the Broncos may have created a dilemma for themselves.

regurgitating comments from Parker, he says:

“Reece Walsh is obviously a fullback at the moment, he’s got electric footwork,” the Fox League commentator told news.com.au.

“But I also think that Selwyn Cobbo, whilst being a different style fullback, can be very, very dangerous. There's the argument that he could go No. 6 (five-eighth).

“But in my opinion Ezra Mam has a hold on that six jersey for a long period of time. That probably leaves Selwyn stuck out on the wing.

“If they’re happy with that and he’s happy with that, they'll probably move forward in that regard.

“But I don’t know how much Reece was signed for but they laid out a fair investment in Selwyn and if that’s the case, it’s a pretty fair investment to pay for a winger.

“It’s not a bad headache to have, but I’ve got no doubt Selwyn will end up in that fullback role at some point in time moving forward. I think that’s by far his best position.”

Asked if Cobbo could play a Greg Inglis-style role in the centres, he said:

“I don’t think so, no.

“Just based on his want to look for the collision and work hard, he’s got all that attributes, not too dissimilar to Joseph Sua’ali’i.

“He’s got wonderful skill but also great work ethic to run the ball. And if he went to centre, it kind of takes away from that.

“He won’t get that play back run from the kick return and the like.

“In the same breath, they’ve got Kotoni Staggs and Herbie Farnworth, who are two very good centres anyway.”

Fox Sports have again raised the click bait article about the tough decision Walters has for the fullback position. saying Cobbo should be given first shot at fullback. Fox Sports say that with Cobbo and Walsh in the same team and strong players currently at five-eighth and in the centres, the Broncos may have created a dilemma for themselves.

“Reece Walsh is obviously a fullback at the moment, he’s got electric footwork,” the Fox League commentator told news.com.au.

“But I also think that Selwyn Cobbo, whilst being a different style fullback, can be very, very dangerous. There's the argument that he could go No. 6 (five-eighth).

“But in my opinion Ezra Mam has a hold on that six jersey for a long period of time. That probably leaves Selwyn stuck out on the wing.

“If they’re happy with that and he’s happy with that, they'll probably move forward in that regard.

“But I don’t know how much Reece was signed for but they laid out a fair investment in Selwyn and if that’s the case, it’s a pretty fair investment to pay for a winger.

“It’s not a bad headache to have, but I’ve got no doubt Selwyn will end up in that fullback role at some point in time moving forward. I think that’s by far his best position.”

“I don’t think so, no.

“Just based on his want to look for the collision and work hard, he’s got all that attributes, not too dissimilar to Joseph Sua’ali’i.

“He’s got wonderful skill but also great work ethic to run the ball. And if he went to centre, it kind of takes away from that.

“In the same breath, they’ve got Kotoni Staggs and Herbie Farnworth, who are two very good centres anyway.”
IF Cobbo is happy to play wing then I'm happy to leave him there for as long as he wants.
Our modern day halves and fullbacks are getting ridiculous amounts of money for their postions and i dont agree with it at all. I'm happy to give Cobbo a big contract no matter where he plays if he earns it.
Players shouldn't be given extra money for a certain position, but be given more money for the worth that player is to the club.

“I don’t think so, no.

With Reece at fullback our wingers might rack up some tries with his ball playing.

I'd love for Selwyn to stay on the wing and be that Wendell/Yow Yeh type winger. Let him have a roaming license like Rapana for the Raiders or Turbo has done in origin.

Gotta say I'm pretty concerned by Walsh's form at the moment. He's been awful for the Warriors tonight. Just gotta hope it's a matter of him being clocked off mentally.

I think he'll be very very different next year tbf. He's better than this. Broncs will get his confidence back.

Gotta say I'm pretty concerned by Walsh's form at the moment. He's been awful for the Warriors tonight. Just gotta hope it's a matter of him being clocked off mentally.

Is there anyone in form for the Warriors. They've been terrible most of the season.

And Stacey Jones isn't much better as a coach than Brown was

I wouldn't be too concerned about Walsh right now.
He's currently playing for a team whose season is over, with a coach whose only filling in, with alot of guys who are playing awful.
He's basically the main guy there ATM theres alot of pressure on him.
Coming here next year he can take a backward step and focus on playing his role because we have a quality half who's the main man and outside backs who know their jobs.
Reece's effort is there I have no doubts he will turn it around come next season.

Well he didn't fail because he didn't know his shit. He does.

Unfortunately, he had a group of players that didn't like hard work.
I've mostly kept quiet on this, but I really do rate Siebold. Maybe not as head coach, and certainly not in the position he found himself in here...but he does have a lot to offer, probably as an assistant. For a settled, smart footy side he would be really good. Just wasn't the right fit for our club at that time, and all parties involved hung on for way too long when it was blatantly obvious shit was irreparable.

I haven’t read anything on this forum but I wonder if the move has anything to do with his ex partner who he has a 1 year old with. Hopefully that toxic stuff that’s happening off field doesn’t have an impact on his footy.

I haven’t read anything on this forum but I wonder if the move has anything to do with his ex partner who he has a 1 year old with. Hopefully that toxic stuff that’s happening off field doesn’t have an impact on his footy.

Moving back to Brisbane because he's separated with his mrs and wants to be closer to his kid. Only reason why Warriors granted the release and gave the condition that he can only come back to us and not join any other club.

He still has a lot of growing up to do, less technology, no cocaine either even though I’m sure he learned from that.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Foordy
  • jtupu17
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.