OFFICIAL Walsh signs with the Broncos until 2025

A little unfair on Tesi to bag him out for 1-on-1 defence. When he has had to make a tackle after someone has made a line break he’s actually been quite successful at 1-on-1 tackles. Yes, he finds himself out of position and there are many facets of his game that you can criticise, but I think if you’re having be a go at his 1-on-1 tackling I don’t think you’re being objective.

Like every fullback, even Tedesco, tackling a hard running backrower on the line is a task your going to lose more times than not, but in open play Tesi is a very good tackler.

Walsh has a baseline better fitness than tesi and tmm. He's been playing fullback for years and his fitness is alot higher. Tesi probably has an idea where he needs to be but he doesn't have the fitness to get there

Walsh has a baseline better fitness than tesi and tmm. He's been playing fullback for years and his fitness is alot higher. Tesi probably has an idea where he needs to be but he doesn't have the fitness to get there
Yet. The guy has spent more time in rehab than he has on the park the last 3 seasons. Which is why I think too many are giving up on him way too early.

Yet. The guy has spent more time in rehab than he has on the park the last 3 seasons. Which is why I think too many are giving up on him way too early.
I just think his body isn't suited to do all that running. Probably isn't developed enough. When you listen to him talk you see how young he is.

Stats don't show you **** all, it can look better for a player if they are not even in position to make a tackle.

That's great but people are in this thread commenting on Walsh's missed tackles

Without doubt but that's the life of a Broncos fan. We expect to be able to put out complete players and have them develop in QLD Cup but unfortunately for the club, we don't have that luxury

A little unfair on Tesi to bag him out for 1-on-1 defence. When he has had to make a tackle after someone has made a line break he’s actually been quite successful at 1-on-1 tackles. Yes, he finds himself out of position and there are many facets of his game that you can criticise, but I think if you’re having be a go at his 1-on-1 tackling I don’t think you’re being objective.

Like every fullback, even Tedesco, tackling a hard running backrower on the line is a task your going to lose more times than not, but in open play Tesi is a very good tackler.
agreed, tesi when faced 1 on 1, does seem to have good technique. its just the other issues you've mentioned.

I havent given up on Tesi as a fullback based on him being on the injury table, i'm basing it on his ability to do the basics that you require from a fullback, and i dont believe he ever will. I'd like this to come back and bite me on the backside in the future, but i dont reckon it will.

Walsh vs Bulldogs, 4 tackles attempted, 2 made, 1 missed, 1 ineffective
Tesi vs Roosters, 4 tackles attempted, 2 made, 2 missed

Fans just getting carried away with the Warriors big win, defensively there's nothing between them
There’s a huge difference between them in defence, they just both make ineffective tackles. But that’s only one, and probably one of the least significant, aspects of fullback defensive responsibilities.

If anything it shows that despite being a bigger body, Tesi is as ineffective at tackling as Walsh but without any of the organisation or position advantages.

There’s a huge difference between them in defence, they just both make ineffective tackles. But that’s only one, and probably one of the least significant, aspects of fullback defensive responsibilities.

If anything it shows that despite being a bigger body, Tesi is as ineffective at tackling as Walsh but without any of the organisation or position advantages.

I think Walsh has the advantage of being fitter for longer and also would have known that the fullback role was his to lose at the Warriors

Tesi was behind Isaako for a bit, then there were the injuries, the passing of his father, he made his debut when we were pumped by the Roosters, it hasn't been the ideal way to get your NRL career going. If you go through our list of players who were recently introduced into the NRL, you'd be hard pressed to find a guy who had a tougher pathway

I think there's a really good player there but it's going to take a coach with a bit of steel to get him there and he doesn't strike me as the kind of player you can put on a wing due to his Leon Bott physique

probably end up being cobbo or someone else at fullback when arey hangs them up if everything goes according to plan with walsh at 6

Better isn’t that the big selling point that Tesi fans push that he is an athletic freak and one of the fittest at the club?

Tesi is fit, you can see it in attack but his defensive decisions are terrible.

Better isn’t that the big selling point that Tesi fans push that he is an athletic freak and one of the fittest at the club?

Hard to be the fittest if you have strained hammy for half the season .
He is the best athlete Anthony Seibold had ever seen . He does lots of extras . Is what the media says .

But if he can`t run it would be very difficult to get fitter at running . No ?

Hard to be the fittest if you have strained hammy for half the season .
He is the best athlete Anthony Seibold had ever seen . He does lots of extras . Is what the media says .

But if he can`t run it would be very difficult to get fitter at running . No ?

Who knows what metric Seibold used to measure "best athlete". It was probably a series of numbers that he fed in to a program that one of his fellow Harvard intellectuals sold him.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.