OFFICIAL Walsh signs with the Broncos until 2025

Not as bad as a few years back, remember we had the same bloke manage half our team, hope that has been scaled back a bit.
I reckon that was well & truly taken care. I remember very well when Ikin was hosting the 360 show, this was one of the segments where he was very vocal about & his side kick in Kent sung the same song as Ikin. Those dark days under Seibold………oh dear lord!
Now that Ikin is at the club, I am confident that he along with DD would not entertain any shenanigans from player agents.

I reckon that was well & truly taken care. I remember very well when Ikin was hosting the 360 show, this was one of the segments where he was very vocal about & his side kick in Kent sung the same song as Ikin. Those dark days under Seibold………oh dear lord!
Now that Ikin is at the club, I am confident that he along with DD would not entertain any shenanigans from player agents.
It started under Wayne though, or maybe even hook, or maybe even before that. Wasn’t it pretty much all those highly touted under 20’s we had…..plus a few more.

He'll probably be a similar player to Isaako, minus the complete lack of game awareness.

People keep looking for a savior, the only thing that's gonna save us is good defence.
His defence at the Warriors was definitely a worry. A lot of what I saw was him shooting up out of the line to chase his own kick, being first on the scene and overrunning the mark. We haven't had any player willing to even attempt that in the last few years. I like his energy.

The problem with Isaako - despite some obvious talent - is he's a serial fuckup in all aspects of his game.

His defence at the Warriors was definitely a worry. A lot of what I saw was him shooting up out of the line to chase his own kick, being first on the scene and overrunning the mark. We haven't had any player willing to even attempt that in the last few years. I like his energy.

The problem with Isaako - despite some obvious talent - is he's a serial fuckup in all aspects of his game.
He looks like he stopped lifting weights mid season! Super underdeveloped, and needs a big off-season. Defensively, if he can put some size on, he will be fine. Ultimately he can play, and has a tenacity and competitiveness that cant be coached.

He has already been at the club doing a bit with some of the others, so his head seems to be in a good place.

But what do you do?

A highly rated player (or even star) comes on to the market. The Broncos want him. He wants to play for the Broncos. The money works out. It's all perfect, but sorry no, we won't take you because we've already reached our quota of players from that agent? Utter madness.

It's a very bad situation to be in to have too much of your squad with the same agent, but it's not like the answer is easy.

He looks like he stopped lifting weights mid season! Super underdeveloped, and needs a big off-season. Defensively, if he can put some size on, he will be fine. Ultimately he can play, and has a tenacity and competitiveness that cant be coached.

He has already been at the club doing a bit with some of the others, so his head seems to be in a good place.
That's interesting. Sounds like the opposite of Tesi. What would Tesi need to do to get another game for us? I can only see a bench spot for him, but I've yet to come across anyone else who thinks he might have a future as a utility.

That's interesting. Sounds like the opposite of Tesi. What would Tesi need to do to get another game for us? I can only see a bench spot for him, but I've yet to come across anyone else who thinks he might have a future as a utility.
He’s not a utility because he can’t pass. Unless you mean utility as a guy who can cover the backline?

He's basically the same height and weight as Dylan Walker (according to Wiki), who converted himself into a lock/utility off the bench.... a position that is becoming increasingly popular to coaches

If Tesi can handle that defensive workload then it could work.

I feel his game could also work as a 6 with his short kicking game, running game, tackle breaking and passing on the edges... but that isn't necessarily required for us

He’s not a utility because he can’t pass. Unless you mean utility as a guy who can cover the backline?
News to me. His passes led to a bunch of tries in this match, plus he scored one himself out of dummy half. His defence, and under the high ball, on the other hand...

But what do you do?

A highly rated player (or even star) comes on to the market. The Broncos want him. He wants to play for the Broncos. The money works out. It's all perfect, but sorry no, we won't take you because we've already reached our quota of players from that agent? Utter madness.

It's a very bad situation to be in to have too much of your squad with the same agent, but it's not like the answer is easy.
Yup, it is madness & a tricky situation to be in. Maybe the governing body needs to come up with some sort of direction here( I know this sounds great but they’ll screw it up further so, it’s better to not bother about it & let the clubs handle it on case by case basis 😉)

News to me. His passes led to a bunch of tries in this match, plus he scored one himself out of dummy half. His defence, and under the high ball, on the other hand...

Sorry, I meant specifically his pass selection and passing out of dummy half. You also happened to select his best ever passing performance, it’s not the most accurate reflection.

Sorry, I meant specifically his pass selection and passing out of dummy half. You also happened to select his best ever passing performance, it’s not the most accurate reflection.
Okay. I've always thought he had a pretty good passing game. Maybe I haven't watched him closely enough.

We starting up the Billy Walters discussion again?
Mr. Spin himself. Good one. I don't really believe either of them are very good and neither should be starting players or utilities. Unfortunately we have plenty of players to cover fullback and there's only like 5 good hookers in the entire competition. It all comes down to what the club can actually get at the time. I wouldn't expect you to understand the difference between best current option and a good option overall though. I have only ever really asked who we should have got instead of Billy when we were attempting to fix our cap and with nobody available.

Funny that McHunt will defend Niu but not Walters though.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Justwin
  • Tim K
  • Aldo
  • Harry Sack
  • marw
  • ChewThePhatt
  • teampjta
  • broncsgoat
  • davidp
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.