NEWS Walters: roster is pretty much sorted

having Mead and Copley inside our rookie wingers is an interesting idea....hopefully improve the defensive reads out wide....thats a trend ill watch with interest this year.

Our wooden spoon rivals the Bulldogs have significantly strengthened...thats a concern..

We have a rookie coach in charge.....dont overlook that fact...

For me the aim should be making this roster understand there is no "I" in team....id like to see a "team" be built this year. Ive still not forgotten last season...we are years away from doing anything significant....

Looking around the league to determine if there are other clubs who are turning 100kg, 6 foot 4 high former wingers into 2nd rowers.....only us...are we ahead of the curve on something here or way behind..?
Hey, you're wanted over in Religion and Politics. Or Accounts Payable. Whichever you prefer.

I was confused, my mistake totally.
First there was DazzaT62 and then that morphed into Dazzat99 I think.

Apologies to Dazza 92. I've been cheating myself, I had this Dazza blocked!
Wrong Dazza. @dazzat99 is who you mean.

Full list of appearances for the year below ('App' is starts, 'Int' is interchange appearances). Excludes Bird as he didn't play any games, but even 32 players in a season is bad, combining that with no reserve grade competition was always going to result in a horrendous season

View attachment 11025
Wait, Kahu got 2 starts last year?? I must have tapped out by then

The Bronx are about 17 players short of being able to field a quality team. Best of luck Kev, you will need it.

100% agree with your concerns about oates' defence, and agree about his fantastic line running.
Smart teams will isolate him with an inside and/or outside runner beside them, especially if he defends inside or outside a half or poor defender. His decision making and lateral speed concern me and will be exploited unless he responds well early.
I think Oates would be best utilised with short stints off the bench. Running hard, good lines at tired defenders and then removed before he tires and starts making defensive or handling errors. Then ideally he ships out in 2022 unless he is proving to be an irreplaceable entity.

If this is honestly our completed roster then I don't really see how Kevvie is even able to have a judgement made on his abilities as a Coach.

We've given him what can only be described charitably as a 'worse' roster than the one Seibold just took to the wooden spoon last year, breaking a host of worst ever Bronco records along the way. If Kevvie manages anything better than that then you'd have to argue he deserves a massive pass.

The people responsible for putting the club in this predicament honestly shouldn't be allowed to step foot inside Red Hill ever again. In fact, they're probably lucky this isn't the Brisbane of the 1970s/1980s or they'd probably be in danger of being lynched in the streets.

If this is honestly our completed roster then I don't really see how Kevvie is even able to have a judgement made on his abilities as a Coach.

We've given him what can only be described charitably as a 'worse' roster than the one Seibold just took to the wooden spoon last year, breaking a host of worst ever Bronco records along the way. If Kevvie manages anything better than that then you'd have to argue he deserves a massive pass.

The people responsible for putting the club in this predicament honestly shouldn't be allowed to step foot inside Red Hill ever again. In fact, they're probably lucky this isn't the Brisbane of the 1970s/1980s or they'd probably be in danger of being lynched in the streets.
I guess it comes down to how you see the world. I know it's fanciful but if I was the coach right now I'd be as excited as hell with my team.

I can see heaps of positives in every single player on our books. Carrigan, Haas, Flegs, TPJ, Lodge have plenty more to give. I don't see a bad team or inadequate players, I see potentially a top four team.

I guess it comes down to how you see the world. I know it's fanciful but if I was the coach right now I'd be as excited as hell with my team.

I can see heaps of positives in every single player on our books. Carrigan, Haas, Flegs, TPJ, Lodge have plenty more to give. I don't see a bad team or inadequate players, I see potentially a top four team.

Nice optimism. I see a team that if absolutely everything goes right, they could sneak into the bottom of the 8. They don't have the spine to be a top four side and barely anyone who is in the top 5 or even 10 in their relative position other than Haas, Staggs and maybe Carrigan.

Nice optimism. I see a team that if absolutely everything goes right, they could sneak into the bottom of the 8. They don't have the spine to be a top four side and barely anyone who is in the top 5 or even 10 in their relative position other than Haas, Staggs and maybe Carrigan.
I think our roster has talent and some players could end up at the top in their positions. My view is what we lack is the basic team structures and discipline. Our line speed is terrible. We don't win the ruck. Our attack has no structure and no second phase play. Siebold restricting Milford to areas of the field and other dumb ideas also killed the players confidence. The Players need to improve their discipline during games and preparation and to stop the dumb plays or be dropped when they don't. Kevvie can definitely fix the attack structure and discipline. If we have someone who can deal with the defence I am not sure who that is. Having some sort of game plan would be nice.

I think our roster has talent and some players could end up at the top in their positions. My view is what we lack is the basic team structures and discipline. Our line speed is terrible. We don't win the ruck. Our attack has no structure and no second phase play. Siebold restricting Milford to areas of the field and other dumb ideas also killed the players confidence. The Players need to improve their discipline during games and preparation and to stop the dumb plays or be dropped when they don't. Kevvie can definitely fix the attack structure and discipline. If we have someone who can deal with the defence I am not sure who that is. Having some sort of game plan would be nice.

I think it is optimistic as well to say we have young kids who will be their best in their position. Currently, I think there are three or four who could be and two of those are currently likely or wanting to leave in Staggs and Coates. The others are Haas, Riki, Piakura and no one. Ones who could surprise I suppose are Farnworth, Flegler, Walsh, Dearden, Paix and Carrigan. Aside from Haas and Staggs though, maybe Carrigan, I'd think best case scenario the others are all two-three seasons away at best.

I am not saying we don't have some really good potential talents but a lot of just nowhere near it yet and of those, how many look like hanging around?

Active Now

• marw
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.