NEWS Walters warns: Milford might come back

Don't celebrate just yet. Kevin Walters jokes Anthony Milford's banishment to the ISC might only be a temporary glitch in the simulation:

“I want to make it clear I haven‘t given up on Milf. If we are going to improve, I need to make the hard calls and ensure everyone wants to get better and if that happens, the team will benefit. I know Milf is copping a lot of criticism, but I honestly believe I can work with Anthony and get him firing again. It has to come from Milf, too. It has to come from within. He needs to have the desire and hunger, I’ve seen it in him in the past, so hopefully he can fight back and have a good career at the Broncos.”

H4E08DB6000000578 0 image a 63 1531075747582

Hunger and desire

“I sat down with Anthony and I took him through a few things I needed him to work on. It‘s my job as coach to get him back performing. There’s a few things Milf needs to work on, his kicking is a key area that has to be addressed, but everything about his game can be better. To Anthony‘s credit, he took it well. He understood my reasoning and he took it like a man, which I respected."

Main qimg 72003817cd4b4d6365011ac20284cb3b

All going to plan

“During my career as a player, it was a regular occurrence for players to get dropped to reserve grade if you didn’t perform. That’s the way it was. I’m sure Anthony can respond to what I want. You talk about his contract ... well that’s what I’m trying to do, I’m searching for ways to get him back to his best football."

“I want Milf to go back to the Intrust and work on a few things in his game. At his best, he has special things in his game. I told him to go back and be the Anthony Milford which we haven‘t seen for a while. I want him to get some confidence back. My hope is that he gets better there and if he does that, I will bring him back into the team. It‘s up to Anthony how long he stays in Intrust. It will be longer than a week, but I need him playing well and we‘ll put the support around him to get back to the NRL. Ultimately, he has to drive it.”

McHunt

Fatso lost the dressing room way before that - sending McGuire packing while sooking in the media about bad boy Benny talking team and tactics with Souths, that stupid burn the boats bullshit, turning up with a list of blokes to **** off, belittling some players for not understanding the gibberish he spewed while playing favourites, not knowing how to adjust his coaching to the team he had, and being a big fat useless waste of skin who couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag for all the pies in Christendom all contributed to his papers being stamped early on in the piece.
Yip Siebold proved without a doubt that you don't need a long neck to look like a goose.

Fatso lost the dressing room way before that - sending McGuire packing while sooking in the media about bad boy Benny talking team and tactics with Souths, that stupid burn the boats bullshit, turning up with a list of blokes to **** off, belittling some players for not understanding the gibberish he spewed while playing favourites, not knowing how to adjust his coaching to the team he had, and being a big fat useless waste of skin who couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag for all the pies in Christendom all contributed to his papers being stamped early on in the piece.

...yes, that too.

Seibold for mine never had the dressing room. He lost any chance of having it when Wayne got shafted. And we have wasted 2 years because of that.

There is a Curious Mail article up just now where Kevvie delves a bit more into where it has all gone wrong for the Milf and what he needs to do over the next month in ISC comp (apart from taking a good, hard, long look at himself). In the same article, Scotty Sattler has also predicted Milf will head to Super League next year to redeem himself and in the process, become an absolute Pommy superstar over there.

McHunt, my good man, would you please mind running your eye over said Curious Mail article and put forward a posting of it in your own inimitable style?

There is a Curious Mail article up just now where Kevvie delves a bit more into where it has all gone wrong for the Milf and what he needs to do over the next month in ISC comp (apart from taking a good, hard, long look at himself). In the same article, Scotty Sattler has also predicted Milf will head to Super League next year to redeem himself and in the process, become an absolute Pommy superstar over there.

McHunt, my good man, would you please mind running your eye over said Curious Mail article and put forward a posting of it in your own inimitable style?
It's one I've already scraped earlier in this thread - and it's also covered in the presser - but appears to have had more added into it since. Excuse the repetition, if you'd read most of this before:.

Kevin Walters:

“I’m not sure what’s happened between then (2015) and now. Right now, we’ve taken a lot of pressure off Milf. It’s possible the attention he’s received in the five years since that game (grand final) is a lot to take on for a young man. I do feel sorry for ‘Milf’. In some regards he’s been accused of everything that’s happened at the Broncos. In actual fact, that’s really unfair to individualise one player. I feel for the pressure he’s been placed under. When you look at the scrutiny and pressure he’s been under, it’s amazing he’s still playing the game."

“Being here at this club, there’s a lot of pressure on everyone and he more than any other has been singled out. Now he can go back in the Intrust Super Cup and play his footy. It will be an interesting next four weeks for Anthony and where he is at mentally, physically and all of those areas he’s good at.”

“There are a lot of areas – his defence, kicking game, running game, everything that Milf is good at we need to see. We’ve taken the pressure off him now. He handled the decision extremely well and had his best training session straight after he was told which is always a good sign of a player wanting to get better and I know he does. He loves this place and belongs in the NRL but everyone has had a stint in the lower grades and unfortunately it’s Milf’s time at the moment.”

Scott Sattler:

“I think he should go to the UK Super League. He would be an absolute superstar over there, he would get good money and light up the English crowds. He loves the attacking style of the game. It’s quite evident he doesn’t want to have the responsibility of running a team and there’s nothing wrong with that. The Super League is made for someone like Anthony Milford. If he goes over there for two years and rebrands himself like Jackson Hastings then there is still a chance for him to come back.”

McHunt

So Milf came to Brisbane to be closer to his fambam and instead is going to jet off to COVID central and play Super league and be unable to see his family without a two week holiday at Anna’s chosen hotel?

I can’t see it.

but I do hope he finds form in Q Cup

So Milf came to Brisbane to be closer to his fambam and instead is going to jet off to COVID central and play Super league and be unable to see his family without a two week holiday at Anna’s chosen hotel?

I can’t see it.

but I do hope he finds form in Q Cup
Could do 12 months and then come back for Brisbane 2.0

Let's just hope they give Dearden and Croft time to form some sort of combination. I'd be happy if for the first few weeks they just concentrate on their defence and getting good kicks away on the end of sets and the rest will come from there.

Let's just hope they give Dearden and Croft time to form some sort of combination. I'd be happy if for the first few weeks they just concentrate on their defence and getting good kicks away on the end of sets and the rest will come from there.

Given we're set to lose our next 2 games almost certainly, I hope that doesn't waver the support for dropping Milf, particularly when Panthers put an AFL score on us.

"Kevvie has come in and has to fix this team to be honest. He got handed this team and it was a shemozzle to be brutally honest. I feel for Kev and coaching staff but they're working with what they were given."

"A lot of these boys probably should not be playing together if recruitment was done properly. The club has ignored the point that the recruiting has been terrible. I hate saying it but they look like a bunch of schoolboys at times. It's no one else's fault beside the people who team put together. The coaching staff are just working with what little they have."
I know we are looking at what we can best do for individual players and no one wants to hang Milford out to dry, as just a casualty of the "business" of the game. If he can cut the mustard that's great, but if not..................... I'm interested in what Pearl said about R&R. IS Dave going to be allowed to do a full clean out in there to bring in the type of players to support our marquee signings or are the Siebold's in R&R a protected species. How is the team going to change when we have a genuine leader at the helm not someone who is asleep while Rome is burning.

Given we're set to lose our next 2 games almost certainly, I hope that doesn't waver the support for dropping Milf, particularly when Panthers put an AFL score on us.
Yep as I have posted before I think kevvie should have waited for a winnable game against the tits in 2 weeks to drop milf and start with dearden. Us likely getting pumped in the next 2 weeks won’t help deardens development.

The Magpies jersey really suits him:

Yep as I have posted before I think kevvie should have waited for a winnable game against the tits in 2 weeks to drop milf and start with dearden. Us likely getting pumped in the next 2 weeks won’t help deardens development.
People are talking about Dearden like he's a rookie. He's played 20 games for the Broncos already. His first was 80 minutes against Bennett's Souths in 2019, which we lost. But won his next 3 games, one of which was the Premiership favourites, the Roosters. His injury against the Titans robbed him of momentum. By the time Seibold brought him back half way through 2020, the team was in tatters.

It's his time, right now. He's playing for his contract.

People are talking about Dearden like he's a rookie. He's played 20 games for the Broncos already. His first was 80 minutes against Bennett's Souths in 2019, which we lost. But won his next 3 games, one of which was the Premiership favourites, the Roosters. His injury against the Titans robbed him of momentum. By the time Seibold brought him back half way through 2020, the team was in tatters.

I think its more the ISC games against men to build his skillset and mental fortitude. Not many players can jump into NRL and learn that stuff on the run and be successful.

He's a half with less than 50 games and is only 20. He's still pretty much a rookie. He's got years of development in him.
Not much should be expected of a half at his age, but at the same time, they shouldn't be expecting much money either.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Jeza23
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.