NEWS Walters warns: Milford might come back

Don't celebrate just yet. Kevin Walters jokes Anthony Milford's banishment to the ISC might only be a temporary glitch in the simulation:

“I want to make it clear I haven‘t given up on Milf. If we are going to improve, I need to make the hard calls and ensure everyone wants to get better and if that happens, the team will benefit. I know Milf is copping a lot of criticism, but I honestly believe I can work with Anthony and get him firing again. It has to come from Milf, too. It has to come from within. He needs to have the desire and hunger, I’ve seen it in him in the past, so hopefully he can fight back and have a good career at the Broncos.”

H4E08DB6000000578 0 image a 63 1531075747582

Hunger and desire

“I sat down with Anthony and I took him through a few things I needed him to work on. It‘s my job as coach to get him back performing. There’s a few things Milf needs to work on, his kicking is a key area that has to be addressed, but everything about his game can be better. To Anthony‘s credit, he took it well. He understood my reasoning and he took it like a man, which I respected."

Main qimg 72003817cd4b4d6365011ac20284cb3b

All going to plan

“During my career as a player, it was a regular occurrence for players to get dropped to reserve grade if you didn’t perform. That’s the way it was. I’m sure Anthony can respond to what I want. You talk about his contract ... well that’s what I’m trying to do, I’m searching for ways to get him back to his best football."

“I want Milf to go back to the Intrust and work on a few things in his game. At his best, he has special things in his game. I told him to go back and be the Anthony Milford which we haven‘t seen for a while. I want him to get some confidence back. My hope is that he gets better there and if he does that, I will bring him back into the team. It‘s up to Anthony how long he stays in Intrust. It will be longer than a week, but I need him playing well and we‘ll put the support around him to get back to the NRL. Ultimately, he has to drive it.”

McHunt

He's a half with less than 50 games and is only 20. He's still pretty much a rookie. He's got years of development in him.
Not much should be expected of a half at his age, but at the same time, they shouldn't be expecting much money either.

I agree with this. He largely is a rookie. However, at the same time, I read about expectations of Dearden leading our team (largely of rookies) around the park. So, it in fact seems like rather a lot is being expected of him, especially partnered in the halves by Croft who has never had to manage a team until he came here, and for mine, still doesn't know how, so far at least.

What if all these players who can't seem to manage a team when partners with Milford failed for a reason. Is it that Milford makes the wrong call and/or overalls them?

People are talking about Dearden like he's a rookie. He's played 20 games for the Broncos already. His first was 80 minutes against Bennett's Souths in 2019, which we lost. But won his next 3 games, one of which was the Premiership favourites, the Roosters. His injury against the Titans robbed him of momentum. By the time Seibold brought him back half way through 2020, the team was in tatters.

It's his time, right now. He's playing for his contract.
Don't rookies have rookie seasons, how long is a season again 🤔

Milford vs Tyson Gamble this weekend. Niu at fullback. KHunt in the centres. Oates to be scratched.

HEy7B4oxUUAIJeuU

I don't know if anyone has read Crawley's latest piece of trash ... but apparently we should be apologising to Milford for essentially fucking up his career...

oh and the Tigers should be apologising to Brooks

I don't know if anyone has read Crawley's latest piece of trash ... but apparently we should be apologising to Milford for essentially fucking up his career...

oh and the Tigers should be apologising to Brooks
Meh, it's an opinion. I don't share it about Milford, but it's one point of view. My take is he's being contrarian.

Does he admit the downfall of milf started with his mate?

Niu at fullback is interesting ... Wonder whether Kevvie is looking at him to play there in the NRL team in the future
Makes sense he is a fullback after all , gives us some more options at 1 at least. And has a good teacher in Khunt , and playing with Milf.

Makes sense he is a fullback after all , gives us some more options at 1 at least. And has a good teacher in Khunt , and playing with Milf.
But didn't he play like 4 games there last year. Each game he came up with a crucial handling error, and I think the West Tigers 48-0 game was his last stint there. Was impressive against the Dogs but c'mon everyone looks 10x better against Canterbury. Like a lot of rookies, was a bit too timid.
If Isaako picks up an injury, could make a better showing than his 1st stint there.

Active Now

• Bish
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • Bronx48
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncsgoat
  • jd87
  • Strop
  • kiwi2
  • Waynesaurus
  • lynx000
  • KateBroncos1812
  • theshed
  • Midean
  • Lazza
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • bb_gun
  • Galah
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.