WARRIORS v BRONCOS - Post game discussion *spoilers*

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
How good was Gorrell I think he has cemented his spot as our number 9 for this season!!

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Beads6 said:
How good was Gorrell I think he has cemented his spot as our number 9 for this season!!

[icon_lol1.

I hope Henjak gives Marsh a go at the reserve hooker when he is fit and if he plays some good Q Cup games, because as I have said all along Gorrell is average at best and he isn't playing his best. McCullough was excellent again last night.

The forwards to me were more balanced this week, I found it hard to single one out for praise as all of them did very good job and none shone much more than any other and I hope we see more performances like that through the year.

Michaels has to be the one to go for Hodges he has shown defensively he isn't all he is cracked up to be and in attack he doesn't offer what Yow Yeh, Hodges, Winterstein or Folau do.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Beads6 said:

thats a funny joke Beads [icon_lol1.

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Super performance. One of our best in years. NZ were right to be confident but we were professional from the kick off and had them rattled only 15 minutes in. The combination with Lockyer and Wallace is starting to fire. Wallace has surely secured the NSW half back position with his start to the season.

F

fenomeno

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Steve said:
Super performance. One of our best in years. NZ were right to be confident but we were professional from the kick off and had them rattled only 15 minutes in. The combination with Lockyer and Wallace is starting to fire. Wallace has surely secured the NSW half back position with his start to the season.

[icon_lol1. Some NSW fans think Kimmorley would be a better option, lets hope the selectors are with them. :P

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It is that funny Rock Kimmorley is just another step back for a State with NFI!!

Pigskin

Pigskin

NYC Player
Mar 5, 2008
Really strong start to the year. While other clubs are up one week and down the next, we have played 3 really solid games against quality opponents. I have no doubt we will have a down week at some point, but with Saints (who can't score), the Roosters who have nothing and Penrith who have less than the Roosters ... its going to be a minimum 5-1 start to the year and possibly 6-0.

Thats exactly the start we needed to the year with the usual Origin period to come. Great stuff lads.

My mates still give me crap because I said DT would play Origin last year. At least I'm starting to be able to answer back. Resign him now please Bruno. I'd love to keep him hungry by signing him year to year, but thats too dangerous.

I'm a little disappointed for Yow Yeh cause although he hasn't been terrible, he has been outshone by Winterstein at this point and will probly be playing quite a bit of QCup in the coming weeks.

Really like the look of McCullough. He is developing super. Hopefully his price doesn't skyrocket until after Locky retires so we can actually keep him.

Oink !

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
The team definitely have surprised me with how well they have played - specifically their attitude and commitment. For such a young side it really is quite impressive. Our depth has been a massive feature behind this if you ask me, here i was thinking we would struggle in that department this year. When we won in 2000 was the last time i can remember us having fringe players continually step up and put in great performances.

The challenge will be maintaining our good form. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up having another end of season fade out. Nothing to do with past reasons, just by the fact that its hard for young players to maintain their intensity for a full season.

H

HITMAN82

BRL Player
Jun 4, 2008
Nice work Broncos - I got the margins right, just picked the wrong damn team. Forwards totally team-rolled ours and we couldn't contain your rampaging backs, and the bounce of the ball was totally out of our grasp. It was always going to be hard to back up after the Manly win, but never expected such a comprehensive beating.
Gutted that Angry Tate is broken again too.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Pigskin said:
Really strong start to the year. While other clubs are up one week and down the next, we have played 3 really solid games against quality opponents. I have no doubt we will have a down week at some point, but with Saints (who can't score), the Roosters who have nothing and Penrith who have less than the Roosters ... its going to be a minimum 5-1 start to the year and possibly 6-0.

I think the only risk to the Broncos is the Dragons clicking this Friday night.

But what's great to see is the Broncos have been improving week to week. The performance against the Storm was better than the Cowboys, and this week was far better than they were against the Storm.

Keep that improvement up and life will be sweet!

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
If someone had told me at the start of the year that we'd have three wins from the first three games, I'd be extremely sceptical. Would've been happy with two and content with one...

But it's a fantastic start, no doubt about it. I think this match pleased me the most - a long trip, a couple of senior guys out and playing quality opposition in front of a huge away crowd. We completely controlled the game & I think our forward pack is proving one of the most underrated in the competition. Plenty of guys in there with a lot of heart and surprisingly good ball skills to boot. Above all else, they're confident in their ability and they are gelling EXTREMELY well as a team.

Not so confident about our chances against the Dragons this Friday... feels like ages since we've beaten them. But how great would it be to beat Bennett and in turn being four from four? Awesome stuff - our boys are silencing the critics more and more each week.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
mick! said:
If someone had told me at the start of the year that we'd have three wins from the first three games, I'd be extremely sceptical. Would've been happy with two and content with one...

But it's a fantastic start, no doubt about it. I think this match pleased me the most - a long trip, a couple of senior guys out and playing quality opposition in front of a huge away crowd. We completely controlled the game & I think our forward pack is proving one of the most underrated in the competition. Plenty of guys in there with a lot of heart and surprisingly good ball skills to boot. Above all else, they're confident in their ability and they are gelling EXTREMELY well as a team.

Not so confident about our chances against the Dragons this Friday... feels like ages since we've beaten them. But how great would it be to beat Bennett and in turn being four from four? Awesome stuff - our boys are silencing the critics more and more each week.

I am quietly confident we are going to roll St George as well. Their attack is quite stilted at the moment, they could only get 10 points against Cronulla with a heap of players out. So, as long as we match it in the forwards, I think our backs will run away with it.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Agree with lynx. This is easily our best chance to beat St George-Illawarra since, well, last time we played them at Suncorp Stadium and crapped out.

So long as the Broncos maintain their enthusiasm with the ball and play it attacking the Dragons' half more than anything, they'll win comfortably. The Dragons aren't scoring a lot of points, but if the Broncos let them have too much possession in attack they might just play them into form.

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Only problems I see this week is that Brisbane might suffer a bit of over confidence after such a great win against the warriors, and that the dragons ALWAYS step up to a level that you pretty much won't see for the rest of the year when they play us. Going on current form and nothing else though, you would have to think the dragons are up against it.

B

bronco_babe77

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
^^ That's what I hate about them. And it makes no difference with them being at Suncorp either. I can't remember the last game I watched there where we beat the Dragons.

I don't think we'll be over confident with this - especially because of Bennetts knowledge of many of these young guys - much more than any other coaches we've played against this year.

This is a massive massive game. Can't wait!!

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Was it Sims who put Lockyer into that hole for his try? Whoever it was, it was a sweet play.

How good is Wallace??

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
gUt: yes, it was Sims who put Lockyer over. Wallace's vision and decision making with his passing was just amazing.

bb77: last time the Broncos beat the Dragons at Suncorp Stadium was, IIRC, 2004...

B

bronco_babe77

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Coxy said:
bb77: last time the Broncos beat the Dragons at Suncorp Stadium was, IIRC, 2004...

Really?? I would have been there then. I thought that year was when that fat guy Riddell kicked the penalty from halfway to win...

Active Now

• teampjta
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncs1459
  • BooKhaki
  • Lostboy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Galah
  • Waynesaurus
  • Strop
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.