QCup Player
Mar 7, 2008
What year did Gorrell kick the winner from the sideline? hehehehehehehe

I hate the Dragons they always beat us.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
No meaning to diminish Wallace's pass...but how bad was Tate's read on that play? Looked like he decided to go for an intercept at the last minute and was caught in no man's land.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
I'm really enjoying Henjacks touches on the team. His focus on all out attack is fantastic, and hopefully will lead to a positive shift in the game towards that style. I think the dragons could really struggle against us, unlike most teams we won't just have a crack at the perceived weak edge on tackle 4. Its fantastic to watch us spread the ball from tackles 2-5, with sweeping long passes from one side of the field to the next a real feature. It is something always tough to defend, no matter how good defensively you are.

The dragons, especially without Cooper, could really struggle to hide Head and Soward. We could easily put on some points and quickly if you ask me. We are only getting more cohesive each week too.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Don't forget people that it was Bennett coaching us v the Dragons....so it's a whole new ball game. And if there is any team & Coach in the competition that can beat Bennett as his own game, it is us. Lockyer & Henjak will know what Benny is thinking better than anyone else.

It is a level playingfield.

No doubt the Dragons will be a lot more active in attack, as they really didn't need to do anything on Sunday except grind out the win. If we can keep our defence solid, we'll win...our team will really want to prove they can beat Bennett. Watch us snuff Boyd all night. Haha, useless Boyd.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Haha, you're too quick! I was about to say "They didn't have to do anything on Saturday except rest up for Sunday". Damn editing :P

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Coxy said:
Haha, you're too quick! I was about to say "They didn't have to do anything on Saturday except rest up for Sunday". Damn editing :P
...and that would've been a really funny joke, and worthy addition to the thread too.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Another thought on the game having just watched the replay again. If the tackle on Lockyer after the kick (just before his try) was a penalty, then the hit by McKinnon on Winterstein after chipping ahead for the Hunt no-try should've also been a penalty.

I agree with Barry Dick, Steve Price, Ivan Cleary and others who think the NRL's kicker protection policy has gone WAY too far.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
I don't know why the video ref didn't go back to the McKinnon v Winterstein hit, Steve Clarke is a #*&$*# (and zomg, what a fricken awesome kick it was too by Winterstein!!!!!)

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
Another thought on the game having just watched the replay again. If the tackle on Lockyer after the kick (just before his try) was a penalty, then the hit by McKinnon on Winterstein after chipping ahead for the Hunt no-try should've also been a penalty.

I agree with Barry Dick, Steve Price, Ivan Cleary and others who think the NRL's kicker protection policy has gone WAY too far.
Couldn't agree more. The one on Brett Finch last week is another example - I've never seen a softer penalty. At the very least if the bloke was going to get penalised (I think it was Isaac Luke??) by hitting Finch, he could have made it a decent hit!

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Bailey v Kimmorley was softer than Finch v Luke, but they were both soft. We have worse "touches" at touch footy!

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Yeah, bit over the top. If you want to play a contact sport, you're going to get contact.

Consistancy is an issue too. We got a penalty awarded on the weekend, and for the exact same thing, if not worse, the Warriors got nothing.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
The warriors got one, when we tackled Moon or Jones? whoever it was, it was as soft as the Lockyer one.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
No meaning to diminish Wallace's pass...but how bad was Tate's read on that play? Looked like he decided to go for an intercept at the last minute and was caught in no man's land.

Rubbish Coxy, it was just a perfect pass and it would have caught any centre in the game out. You are told to defend just inside your man and that close to the line the face ball Wallace threw was too perfect and unexpected for Tate or anyone to defend or read.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
bronco_babe77 said:
Coxy said:
bb77: last time the Broncos beat the Dragons at Suncorp Stadium was, IIRC, 2004...

Really?? I would have been there then. I thought that year was when that fat guy Riddell kicked the penalty from halfway to win...

Yeah. The fuckin asshole. I was there.

S

Sabu_2008

QCup Player
Mar 16, 2008
The penalty awarded for the *late* hit was bollocks, but other than that, we owned them all game.

Forwards really stood up, I thought theyd do it tough out there against the Warriors' pack, but they stuck to the basics, kept rumbling forward, tackled well and let the backs to their job. Great to see.

Wallace was awesome again, Michaels had the best game hes had in a while and Hunt was Hunt.

I had a smile ear to ear walking out of Mt Smart with my Broncos gear and flag swinging above my head.

On another note, disappointing to see so many of the, fair weather supporters leave so early when it came to the Warriors. They had 25000 there, the majority of which pinned all of their hopes on Stacey Jones,buying into the media hype. Sure, the guys a legend and a classy player, but they still needed to switch on to beat the Broncos. They didnt, and were drilled accordingly.

Bring on the Drags.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
apparently Folau almost got hit i the head with a plastic beer bottle after scoring his try [icon_non

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • Footy Fanatic
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • mitch222
  • winslow_wong
  • Culhwch
  • leon.bott
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Xzei
  • Allo
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.