Wayne Bennett has stuffed Brisbane for 2018

What is wrong with you clowns?? You guys are supposed to be fans and all you do is bash the players.. Milford's too fat, Kodi sucks, our forwards are soft etc etc. We are a top 4 side ffs and we will continue to be. How well did we do with Kodi in at half last year? Read the figures you bunch of sour old women. Grow up and enjoy the game instead of being a bunch of piss weak internet trolls. We have close to a full rep side when you break it down and the guys that aren't playing rep footy are being talked about as next in line or future rep players. Get this season under way for God's sake so we can stop listening to all the rubbish.

Hahahah , kodi is not a #7 if he was he would have a kicking and organising game .

No one is asking to you read it [emoji23]

Edited

Last edited by a moderator:
What is wrong with you clowns?? You guys are supposed to be fans and all you do is bash the players.. Milford's too fat, Kodi sucks, our forwards are soft etc etc. We are a top 4 side ffs and we will continue to be. How well did we do with Kodi in at half last year? Read the figures you bunch of sour old women. Grow up and enjoy the game instead of being a bunch of piss weak internet trolls. We have close to a full rep side when you break it down and the guys that aren't playing rep footy are being talked about as next in line or future rep players. Get this season under way for God's sake so we can stop listening to all the rubbish.

To be fair nearly everyone is happy wit our forwards this year, Milford being fat is a long time running joke, we all love kodi being in th team just not sold on it being in no.7 and stats don't mean much because the halves pairings were all over the place. For instance kodi started at halfback in our win against the raiders but it was Marshall who did the job for us after kodi was practically pulled.

We all wish the best for kodi but it's very reasonable to be thinking about back up plans when they are a lot of doubts

Marshall outplayed Kodi all year. We can have the best forward pack - or the most dangerous backline, but if we dont have an organised squad in attack and game strategy we are not going to win a premiership.

I love it how Hunt was a joke with us but now he’s the next johns at the dragons. Paying over 1 mil for him is dumber than going big for Taylor or Pearce. Wayne played the dragons and tits big league by making them pay two questionable half backs over a mil when we have a Nz rep with arguably more talent than either on under 400k... I think subconsciously the journos in nsw know the money shelled out on individuals at nsw clubs is bad business, it’s why we constantly hear that Bird is on stupid dollars, that we know is fake news, from idiots down south.

As an aside, Hunt has a proven horrendous kicking game, Niko is yet to have a full preseason so don’t write him off. I like the sound of Dargan as well.

Marshall outplayed Kodi all year. We can have the best forward pack - or the most dangerous backline, but if we dont have an organised squad in attack and game strategy we are not going to win a premiership.

Wasn’t kodi’s win rate 10/13 or something? Marshall barely started for us, and bottled a few close games. Niko’s short ball - Gillet looked and Roberts looked amazing with him there over Hunt - and decision making under pressure is brilliant, he also makes lbs pretty much every game. Wayne obviously knows he’s got something going for him.

Wasn’t kodi’s win rate 10/13 or something? Marshall barely started for us, and bottled a few close games. Niko’s short ball - Gillet looked and Roberts looked amazing with him there over Hunt - and decision making under pressure is brilliant, he also makes lbs pretty much every game. Wayne obviously knows he’s got something going for him.

Short ball yes also had a good combo with sims. Decision making under pressure no he went missing and he wasn't the only one. Again he started most but there were times he wasn't there to finish them off

Wayne does rate him....but also kept Scarlett, Murphy around and bought in dargan

Anyone who quotes win rates as a stat has little clue about the game of football. if we won 10/13 games against Kinights, but also won 10/13 games against storm - tell me which would be the better stat?

I like Kodi quite a bit, but I can't see him working out long term unless we let go of Milford.

Then again, he surprised me a lot this year too, everyone called him a hog in the 20s, but he's is definitely trying hard to be a good passer and ball player.
Jayden Nikorima was the "ball hog" not Kodi..

Marshall outplayed Kodi, another one watching the wrong games.

I love it how Hunt was a joke with us but now he’s the next johns at the dragons. Paying over 1 mil for him is dumber than going big for Taylor or Pearce. Wayne played the dragons and tits big league by making them pay two questionable half backs over a mil when we have a Nz rep with arguably more talent than either on under 400k... I think subconsciously the journos in nsw know the money shelled out on individuals at nsw clubs is bad business, it’s why we constantly hear that Bird is on stupid dollars, that we know is fake news, from idiots down south.

As an aside, Hunt has a proven horrendous kicking game, Niko is yet to have a full preseason so don’t write him off. I like the sound of Dargan as well.
Good comment, I'm thinking of our halves the same way you are. I mean what the **** did Hunt even do last season? Nothing... Nikorima can't be much worse than Hunt was for us in 2017. Give him a chance I say. If Nikorima isn't a good half to pair Milford than bring in Dargan.

Not entirely true. I went and watched games and Kodi incessantly chipped and grubbered to himself, even when there were plenty of other options. He doesn't play like that now.
Jayden was the hog, Kodi not so much. He's always had his selfless temperament. Very likeable young fella.

Unnerving, I don't know if you are going to last around here, you seem far too reserved. I think you should tell us what you really think. Re the banter, you will get used to it. Someone is always triggered on here and not happy about something.

Yes, I spend some time reading some of the threads on the St George section of LU, talk about delusional merkins. Hunt is going to be the best halfback in the league and they will have the top halves combination this season.

The more logical ones accept that there are some issues in his game, but how they expect those to be addressed and fixed when he is 27, it has not happened to date despite being under a number of different coaches including Walters and Bennett. Apparently Mary is going to provide the mystery panacea that will get Hunt firing.

The more logical ones accept that there are some issues in his game, but how they expect those to be addressed and fixed when he is 27, it has not happened to date despite being under a number of different coaches including Walters and Bennett. Apparently Mary is going to provide the mystery panacea that will get Hunt firing.

Yes agree. If Griffin had remembered Hunt was a gun halfback in his NYC side, in fact NYC half of the year, and give him the reins in that position sooner rather then later, perhaps things might have been different.

Jayden was the hog, Kodi not so much. He's always had his selfless temperament. Very likeable young fella.
You must have seen different U20 games from me and most people...

You must have seen different U20 games from me and most people...
I'm not saying he wasn't a damaging ball runner, but he's definately not one trick pony like many of you believe he is.

I'm not saying he wasn't a damaging ball runner, but he's definately not one trick pony like many of you believe he is.
There's a reason Jayden was always preferred to Kodi in the halves, whom would normally play fullback... and it's not just the running game.

If you were to create a drinking game where you took a drink every time Jayden and Kodi hogged the ball, you would be absolutely sloshed very quickly.

The amount of times they would go themselves rather than linking up with their outside men.. It was frustrating at times.

Thankfully Kodi has changed his ways since coming into the first grade squad.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncorob
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • KickHaas
  • Justwin
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • Volvo Driver
  • Old Mate
  • Culhwch
  • lynx000
  • Battler
  • Tmac
  • barker
  • Financeguy
  • Skyblues87
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.