NEWS Wayne Bennett hits Brisbane Broncos with $400k claim

Oh good, Wolfie's bitch is back. Hi Reyter.

I'm really not sure what your problem is but I'm not hostile to anyone posting here. Bennett elicited some strong feelings and I believe some were so fanatical in their support for him that they had some personal or financial stake but it's okay now. He is gone. I thought it was the right thing to do then and I think the club has since made the correct decision. And how this ties into to this topic is that I believe his mind has somewhat dramatically deteriorated over the last one or two years. The way he has behaved is ridiculous! Even if it weren't for his "a year too soon rather than a year too late" mantra.

I'm really not sure what your problem is but I'm not hostile to anyone posting here. Bennett elicited some strong feelings and I believe some were so fanatical in their support for him that they had some personal or financial stake but it's okay now. He is gone. I thought it was the right thing to do then and I think the club has since made the correct decision. And how this ties into to this topic is that I believe his mind has somewhat dramatically deteriorated over the last one or two years. The way he has behaved is ridiculous! Even if it weren't for his "a year too soon rather than a year too late" mantra.
What's ridiculous is your claim that he behaved ridiculously. People who actually know him personally felt it was reasonable to pay him hundreds of thousands of dollars to run a club like Souths, hardly an action that says 'the old fool has dementia' or 'he's lost his marbles'. Naturally inferring he's lost the plot suits your narrative but you're deadset blinded by envy. He's accomplished a lot in life and continues to do so. If you had done a lot in life you'd respect the man because you'd understand the journey so I'm guessing that's not the case with you. Tear down, tall poppies must fall.

What's ridiculous is your claim that he behaved ridiculously. People who actually know him personally felt it was reasonable to pay him hundreds of thousands of dollars to run a club like Souths, hardly an action that says 'the old fool has dementia' or 'he's lost his marbles'. Naturally inferring he's lost the plot suits your narrative but you're deadset blinded by envy. He's accomplished a lot in life and continues to do so. If you had done a lot in life you'd respect the man because you'd understand the journey so I'm guessing that's not the case with you. Tear down, tall poppies must fall.

And we can see still now he elicits really fanatical support. You know he is a rival coach now? Unless of course you are a Souffs supporter.
The way he agreed to move on and then changed his mind, BBQ-gate, his speech about how he is staying because the poor babies who play for the Broncos were going to cry (or something like that) if he didn't stick around for 2019, his organizing the Souffs pre-season (for this year) and then stating he has no intention of leaving the Broncos claiming money had nothing to do with it and he wasn't going to sue the club to then turn around and sue the club. All this suggests to me his mind is no longer working perfectly. Maybe I'm wrong but either way, there is really no need for you to be so hostile. He is gone and even though it was a year too late rather than a year too early, I'm looking forward to the Seibold era.

And we can see still now he elicits really fanatical support. You know he is a rival coach now? Unless of course you are a Souffs supporter.
The way he agreed to move on and then changed his mind, BBQ-gate, his speech about how he is staying because the poor babies who play for the Broncos were going to cry (or something like that) if he didn't stick around for 2019, his organizing the Souffs pre-season (for this year) and then stating he has no intention of leaving the Broncos claiming money had nothing to do with it and he wasn't going to sue the club to then turn around and sue the club. All this suggests to me his mind is no longer working perfectly. Maybe I'm wrong but either way, there is really no need for you to be so hostile. He is gone and even though it was a year too late rather than a year too early, I'm looking forward to the Seibold era.
Fanatical? Hostile? Agreed to move on? Endless baseless claims. Exactly when did he agree to move on? Were you there and witnessed that? The alleged act of organizing Souths pre-season doesn't sound irrational rather it indicates preplanning and organized thinking. He never wavered when stating his intentions for 2019. You simply have an agenda motivated by envy. He has been a success and you, a miserable jealous failure. Now that's a little hostile ha ha.

How dare you? His allegiance could never be questioned. @Huge is a Sharks supporter.

Fanatical? Hostile? Agreed to move on? Endless baseless claims. Exactly when did he agree to move on? Were you there and witnessed that? The alleged act of organizing Souths pre-season doesn't sound irrational rather it indicates preplanning and organized thinking. He never wavered when stating his intentions for 2019. You simply have an agenda motivated by envy. He has been a success and you, a miserable jealous failure. Now that's a little hostile ha ha.
Wasn’t seibold trying to organise a AIS camp thing and Bennett stopped that from happening so they could do an army camp? Why would you be doing that if you’re coaching the broncos in 2019? I’m all for preplanning but organising Souths pre season a year early while coaching a different club is a little excessive.

Last edited:
**** Wayne.

I'm glad he's gone.

Maybe now we can focus on the football, instead of the next saga going on in Wayne's world.

Wasn’t seibold trying to organise a AIS camp thing and Bennett stopped that from happening so they could do an army camp? Why would you be doing that if you’re coaching the broncos in 2019? I’m all for preplanning but organising Souths pre season a year early while coaching a different club is a little excessive.
Well, that's the allegation at least and I don't think a few months equals a year! Another thing, if WB had the power to do that (debatable) it must have been with Souths acquiescence. It seems more likely that WB said, IFthe Bronco's terminate my contract and I'm obligated to take over earlier than planned I won't be doing the AIS camp. That would be reasonable but I just can't see WB having the veto power while the future was unsettled.

**** Wayne.

I'm glad he's gone.

Maybe now we can focus on the football, instead of the next saga going on in Wayne's world.
To be fair I'm not disappointed that WB moved on and like I wrote earlier I can now see the reasoning so many on here used. That being our poor defence and WBs failure to make that facet strong enough. What I wouldn't support is the vitriolic abuse and outright lies about WB. Stupid claims of fact offered without evidence remind me of a soured romantic relationship, shit said when hurt.

I too look forward to the AS reign and I hope it's tremendously successful and at the same time I wish WB all the luck in the world except when his shitbix team plays the Bronco's. Then it's **** WB and **** Souths, in the nicest possible way

See my reply interspersed.

Fanatical? Hostile?

To say the least. Perhaps 'exceptional fanatical' and 'murderously hostile' would be more appropriate.

Agreed to move on? Endless baseless claims. Exactly when did he agree to move on? Were you there and witnessed that? The alleged act of organizing Souths pre-season doesn't sound irrational rather it indicates preplanning and organized thinking.
He never wavered when stating his intentions for 2019.

So you think organizing the preseason training and schedule of a rival club while he is still intent on coaching us is normal??? I changed my mind. You are not 'exceptional fanatical' and 'murderously hostile'. Just plain old deluded!

How to justify the other things I mentioned? This should be good:b1:.

You simply have an agenda motivated by envy. He has been a success and you, a miserable jealous failure. Now that's a little hostile ha ha.

Do you often try and psychoanalyze people you know nothing about? Literally nothing! Or are you merely trying to pawn off your self-loathing onto me? If the latter is true and it makes you feel better, go for it. You have my blessing. As far as I'm concerned, you may as well be a dog barking at the moon.

Last edited:
Well, that's the allegation at least and I don't think a few months equals a year! Another thing, if WB had the power to do that (debatable) it must have been with Souths acquiescence. It seems more likely that WB said, IFthe Bronco's terminate my contract and I'm obligated to take over earlier than planned I won't be doing the AIS camp. That would be reasonable but I just can't see WB having the veto power while the future was unsettled.
It wasn't just a few months. He was (allegedly) organising the 2019 preseason, despite (also allegedly) having no plans to be there until 2020. It was in fact a year plus a few months early.

It's been covered - Bennett always wanted to stay, had no intention of willingly vacating his position with the Broncos (something he told the media and the Broncos), but saw that moving to the Rabbitohs for 2019 was a distinct possibility, potentially an inevitability. Why is that so hard to understand?

The way he agreed to move on and then changed his mind - allegedly, no evidence

BBQ-gate - Wayne and White had a falling out, of course he didn't go to White's BBQ. It's not Wayne's fault that players showed up to Wayne's house, and in fact most players went to both places. Quoting Boyd "It was a bit more of a media beat-up than anything to be honest. It wasn’t a compulsory barbie at Whitey’s and at the end of the day it was a few guys just really wanting to support Wayne and throw some support behind him. It’s never picking sides between Whitey and Wayne or anything like that. We all spoke to Whitey, a lot of the boys went to Whitey’s as well, and Whitey was fine with it."

His speech about how he is staying because the poor babies who play for the Broncos were going to cry - now you're just embarrassing yourself making shit up

His organizing the Souffs pre-season (for this year) - allegedly, no evidence that I'm aware of?

Stating he has no intention of leaving the Broncos - because he didn't, he has always stated he wanted to see out his contract and even extend it

Claiming money had nothing to do with it - because it didn't

And he wasn't going to sue the club - I don't recall him saying that

To then turn around and sue the club - The club sacked him and he got pissed off (rightly or wrongly) so he sues them to give the club the finger, out of anger and a desire for retribution, not for the money (let's be realistic, $400k means nothing to Wayne nor the Broncos, it's purely about trying to come out on top)

**** Wayne.

I'm glad he's gone.

At some point everyone here needs to post a **** Wayne. It’s the best way to move on. Take as much time as you need though.

It's been covered - Bennett always wanted to stay, had no intention of willingly vacating his position with the Broncos (something he told the media and the Broncos), but saw that moving to the Rabbitohs for 2019 was a distinct possibility, potentially an inevitability. Why is that so hard to understand?

Because everyone in the entire galaxy knew the situation was untenable and the swap would happen for this season but everything points to Bennett wanting his full 1.2 mil + whatever Souffs are paying him rather than "just" 1.2 mil with Broncos paying the difference. As he would have been entitled to if he left willingly. Instead he said it was all about "loyalty to the fans", "saving the playing group from devastating heartbreak" (serious!), "loyalty to his team of assistants" and "nothing to do with money and to prove it, he wouldn't sue the club."

This is not hard to understand at all! Very simple.

I must say, to placate the Bennett fanatics (and plain old deluded people) but also to be perfectly honest, if he wasn't now with a rival club I would wish him every success. I have nothing personal against the guy. I just absolutely believe he stayed a year too long. With a fresh start, he may do really well but he was really starting to stink things up at the Broncos.

At some point everyone here needs to post a **** Wayne. It’s the best way to move on. Take as much time as you need though.

I guess. I didn't want him to go, and don't think he acted as badly as people make out. But he works for the Rabbitohs now.

**** Wayne.

giphy.gif

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Allo
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  • Fozz
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Fitzy
  • Dash
  • barker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.