NEWS Wayne Bennett hits Brisbane Broncos with $400k claim

Because everyone in the entire galaxy knew the situation was untenable and the swap would happen for this season but everything points to Bennett wanting his full 1.2 mil + whatever Souffs are paying him rather than "just" 1.2 mil with Broncos paying the difference. As he would have been entitled to if he left willingly. Instead he said it was all about "loyalty to the fans", "saving the playing group from devastating heartbreak" (serious!), "loyalty to his team of assistants" and "nothing to do with money and to prove it, he wouldn't sue the club."

This is not hard to understand at all! Very simple.

I must say, to placate the Bennett fanatics (and plain old deluded people) but also to be perfectly honest, if he wasn't now with a rival club I would wish him every success. I have nothing personal against the guy. I just absolutely believe he stayed a year too long. With a fresh start, he may do really well but he was really starting to stink things up at the Broncos.
Why are the deluded ones those who are saying it probably didn't happen that way and the perfectly sane ones are those who are formulating weird theories and reasons to hate someone?

Because everyone in the entire galaxy knew the situation was untenable and the swap would happen for this season but everything points to Bennett wanting his full 1.2 mil + whatever Souffs are paying him rather than "just" 1.2 mil with Broncos paying the difference. As he would have been entitled to if he left willingly. Instead he said it was all about "loyalty to the fans", "saving the playing group from devastating heartbreak" (serious!), "loyalty to his team of assistants" and "nothing to do with money and to prove it, he wouldn't sue the club."

This is not hard to understand at all! Very simple.

I must say, to placate the Bennett fanatics (and plain old deluded people) but also to be perfectly honest, if he wasn't now with a rival club I would wish him every success. I have nothing personal against the guy. I just absolutely believe he stayed a year too long. With a fresh start, he may do really well but he was really starting to stink things up at the Broncos.

This is getting a bit like groundhog day. Unless you are deliberately stirring the pot, just let it go. The debate has been done to death on both sides by now. The reality is he is coaching at another club, so all of this navel gazing is irrelevant. If you are just deliberately stirring the pot, go right ahead, but expect a similar outcome to last time.

Upload 2019 1 8 13 57 46

The violence needs to stop. Wayne has gone too far. Evil old senile ****.

Seibold!!! 3 cheers to Seibs. Lol @ wayne.

If you defend Wayne at all you are clearly a LOL@SOUFFS supporter. You can't possibly believe both sides might have some blame, no, we are Bronx supporter, must blind believe club says true stuff. Mighty Bronx go go.

The only coverage we've got in all of this is from the club, and the club's owner, AKA News LTD with about 10 quotes from Wayne. Surely anyone with healthy scepticism would take basically everything with piles of salt?

Who cares. Bring on round 1. Love ya Wayne, thanks for the memories and what you helped build.
Seibold get us a premiership ASAP please, we are sick of waiting.

Last edited:
This is getting a bit like groundhog day. Unless you are deliberately stirring the pot, just let it go. The debate has been done to death on both sides by now. The reality is he is coaching at another club, so all of this navel gazing is irrelevant. If you are just deliberately stirring the pot, go right ahead, but expect a similar outcome to last time.

This is great advice for people on both 'sides'.

Excuse me sir but I am entitled to state my opinion! This is after all, an internet forum.

I agree it's time to move on but please, pretty f**king please, stop trying to embellish his disgraceful behavior. I'm not trying to "stir any pots" but whether you like it or not, I can state my opinion. That is:

1. It was obvious when Seibold signed the swap would happen for this season. The way WB kept insisting he was sticking around was disgraceful!
2. WB, after always being so proud of "letting them go a year too early rather than a year too late", had no justification at all in being upset with the head office personnel when his request for a contract extension was rejected. Everything that has happened since points tothe board making the right decision. As a matter of fact, points to them making the decision a year too late.
3. The entire episode leads me to believe his mind has deteriorated. People keep saying "senility". I never stated that. Not qualified and don't know enough about mental disease.
4. After all that, I wish the best for him. Not in a professional capacity as he is now with a rival outfit but in any endeavors aside from that. I have no personal animosity for him at all. As I don't for Darius who I think has also stayed around a year too long.

If you don't like my opinion, that's fine. Absolutely no problem. But I still don't see the reason for overt hostility and personal attacks. Earlier tempers were frayed. We were all frustrated at the way things were going. It's over now. We can discuss what's happening in a much calmer and polite manner.

Excuse me sir but I am entitled to state my opinion! This is after all, an internet forum.

I agree it's time to move on but please, pretty f**king please, stop trying to embellish his disgraceful behavior. I'm not trying to "stir any pots" but whether you like it or not, I can state my opinion. That is:

1. It was obvious when Seibold signed the swap would happen for this season. The way WB kept insisting he was sticking around was disgraceful!
2. WB, after always being so proud of "letting them go a year too early rather than a year too late", had no justification at all in being upset with the head office personnel when his request for a contract extension was rejected. Everything that has happened since points tothe board making the right decision. As a matter of fact, points to them making the decision a year too late.
3. The entire episode leads me to believe his mind has deteriorated. People keep saying "senility". I never stated that. Not qualified and don't know enough about mental disease.
4. After all that, I wish the best for him. Not in a professional capacity as he is now with a rival outfit but in any endeavors aside from that. I have no personal animosity for him at all. As I don't for Darius who I think has also stayed around a year too long.

If you don't like my opinion, that's fine. Absolutely no problem. But I still don't see the reason for overt hostility and personal attacks. Earlier tempers were frayed. We were all frustrated at the way things were going. It's over now. We can discuss what's happening in a much calmer and polite manner.

Re the bottom bolded part of your diatribe, yet you continue to do the exact opposite. I tried to give you a word of advice, you are obviously not capable of taking it on board, that is your problem brother.

Re the top bolded part, you are obviously too dense to realise that I was in your camp re Bennett's end of his tenure.

Last opportunity, move on, it has been done to death.

Last edited:
I guess. I didn't want him to go, and don't think he acted as badly as people make out. But he works for the Rabbitohs now.

**** Wayne.

giphy.gif

Proud of you mate.

Re the bottom bolded part of your diatribe, yet you continue to do the exact opposite. I tried to give you a word of advice, you are obviously not capable of taking it on board, that is your problem brother.

Re the top bolded part, you are obviously too dense to realise that I was in your camp re Bennett's end of his tenure.

Last opportunity, move on, it has been done to death.

All together now on 3.

**** Wayne.

Now breathhhh

All together now on 3.

**** Wayne.

Now breathhhh

It could be worse, we could all be St George supporters and think that Corey Norman is the missing piece that is going to lead us to premiership glory (like Ben Hunt was last season).

It could be worse, we could all be St George supporters and think that Corey Norman is the missing piece that is going to lead us to premiership glory (like Ben Hunt was last season).

Remember when hunt was the second coming of Andrew Johns partly because of his bargey arse? Something we can all laugh about now.

It wasn't just a few months. He was (allegedly) organising the 2019 preseason, despite (also allegedly) having no plans to be there until 2020. It was in fact a year plus a few months early.
Truly delusional. Now it's a year plus a few months! Guy sure has some power hey. I just don't think you do a lot of thinking or consider what you're writing. You now believe he was given the power to organise another team over a year from being employed by them! You see in order for WB to organise Souths over a year out he had to have the authority to do so and only Souths could grant that, wouldn't you agree?

WB never changed his stance, he always intended to coach the Bronco's in 2019. He couldn't have organised Souths preseason without their blessing and I don't believe he did. What's more likely is him saying is 'IF' I am sacked and FORCED to leave early I wouldn't want to do the AIS camp. This is NOT the same as saying he had the power already to veto or change the preseason. It's also not coaching. Fucking Bronco's wanted it both ways actively undermining the coach, trying to underhandedly push him out while LYING to the public that WB would be coach in 2019.

Truly delusional. Now it's a year plus a few months! Guy sure has some power hey. I just don't think you do a lot of thinking or consider what you're writing. You now believe he was given the power to organise another team over a year from being employed by them! You see in order for WB to organise Souths over a year out he had to have the authority to do so and only Souths could grant that, wouldn't you agree?

WB never changed his stance, he always intended to coach the Bronco's in 2019. He couldn't have organised Souths preseason without their blessing and I don't believe he did. What's more likely is him saying is 'IF' I am sacked and FORCED to leave early I wouldn't want to do the AIS camp. This is NOT the same as saying he had the power already to veto or change the preseason. It's also not coaching. Fucking Bronco's wanted it both ways actively undermining the coach, trying to underhandedly push him out while LYING to the public that WB would be coach in 2019.

Amazing. In another thread you can outright lie and try to rewrite history in your summation of how AS left the Rabbitohs and then have the audacity to call someone else delusional.

I definitely think at the very least Bennett contacted someone like Alex Johnston who was very vocal in the media asking whether they are in Bennett's plans. Sam Burgess is someone he would be in contact with as well, but players from other teams ask Bennett for advice all the time. As a coach, morale is pretty important. He probably did it too early but it would have been with good intentions. I don't buy the army camp thing being organized before he even got there

Unread

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.