MELTDOWN Wayne Bennett - Moves to Souths

Should Wayne Bennett's Contract be Extended?

• Total voters
A lot of journos cop a lot of shit that's pretty unwarranted, there's a few bad eggs who will legitimately make up shit to get clicks (Dobbo), but for the most part they're pretty well connected, and if they're all reporting something it's either true, or was true at some point in time.

You're joking right ?

Any contract lawyers lurking? How can the terms of a sacking remain confidential?

I think the terms will eventually come out either by a leak (there have been plenty of those) or in a court case.

Seibold had a very simple game plan that worked in the week to week club rounds for souths. 3 burgess hit ups then either cook scoot or a sweep to the left for inglis/johnston. Came up snake eyes in the finals.
It was effective however he wont get that out of our pack (except pangai)and he definitely wont get any pace from mcculloch - maybe he might even move nikorima to a sub option to give him some pace out of dummy half cause macca really is turtle speed.
Also he is going to have to rely on nikorima/milford as his last tackle option compared to reynolds ( who is probably the best short kicker in the comp) if sullivan plays he is still well short of nrl standard for kicking... enter tom deardon maybe????
No doubt seibold is educated so it will be interesting to see what he comes up with.

The way I see it he worked to the strengths of his squad. None of those blokes were performing they way they did last year when Maguire was coach (not that I think Madge is a bad coach), and they were a shambles when it came to key positions.

Last edited:
Absolutely disgusted with the Brisbane Broncos right now. I have been a supporter for over 20 years and never once have I not been proud of us as a club and team, until today. We have succumb to media pressure like simple weak minded fools. Sacking Wayne Bennett is a decision that many fans won't like. I'm all for planning for the future but Wayne built the Broncos and deserved to see out his contract. This is not the way you send off the greatest coach of all time. This is a sad and dark day in Brisbane Bronco history.
Just like when Bennett unceremoniously sacked Wally, the Broncos fans that don’t like it have two choices: get over it or go down the road and support the Titans.

Whilst it’s undoubtedly true that Bennett deserves a lot of credit for his achievements not only at the Broncos but in the wider Rugby League landscape, quite simply, he is not the Broncos. So many other great people have contributed (and continue to contribute) to the success of the club and a lot of them have been shown the same level of respect when pushed out the door.

It may not seem like the nice way or the right thing to do, but sometimes hard decisions need to be made in the pursuit of success.

The way the Broncos shat on Henjak and Griffin is not too dissimilar to this. Bennett really isn’t much different in his second stint to either of those blokes. Obviously his record is better than theirs, but he hasn’t brought the ultimate success to the Broncos this time around either, indeed we’ve gone backwards since 2015. The Broncos demand success, so deliver or perish. Same goes for Seibold.

Whilst this could have no doubt been handled better, it is what it is and we move on. I’m excited for the possibilities ahead with a fresh new way of thinking and playing.

Giddy up!

Have to agree with what somebody has posted earlier, If indeed Seibold has leaked this email, its a pretty appaling thing to do and nobody who has bagged Bennett can have a good opinion of Seibold. This whole situation is a complete mess.
Bennett got out-wayned and now thats a blemish on seibold? Bennett lied to his employers and manipulated the media to put seibold into a box and seibold fought back. What was he meant to do? Say “haha good work wayne, whenever you want to move give me a call, i will just wait for you buddy! Cheers for fucking me around!”

I applaud seibold! The hipocrisy for the pro-bennett group is laughable. Bennett gets applauded for manipulating the media but still we are told it isnt about money and he has some moral reason for doing what he is doing whilst he always has his players best intentions at heart, yet seibold calls him out for the bs on all fronts and now its a blemish on his record? Haha

I missed most of it. What did White say to cause you to say that he's the most manipulative etc etc?
White indicated that Bennet had agreed to a swap. Then on Friday organised a press conference without telling anyone at the Broncos and announced he was staying. He's been trying to get a payout the whole time, but it seems he has breached contract and won't be getting paid out.

Excited for change but very disappointed with how it all came about.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, has come out of this smelling like roses.

The really disappointing thing though, is the reaction on here by so many.

Nobody but the very few insiders (Wayne, Seibs, and the boards) actually know what happened.

The rest of us are basing our opinions on press conferences and media reports, and that's exactly what they are; opinions.

Yet you decide that your opinion is actually, fact.

Heads up, it isn't.

IMO, the man who built the club and bought us 6 premierships at least deserves a little benefit of doubt.

He may have engineered the entire thing, and if so, I'd be disappointed but bottom line I don't know if he did or didn't, but I'm open to the possibility that he did and so there is now a shadow over his legacy, a question mark if you will. But so many of you have decided with 100% certainty that he is guilty and now despise the man. You simply don't know for sure what happened and would do well to remember that.

And further, if Wayne did get the shits on because the club he built wouldn't give him an extension and engineered this whole thing as a big **** you, who am I to say I wouldn't have done the same thing if I was put in the same position? I'm only human and I may well have acted the same way.

For all of you ready to burn Wayne at the stake, remember you are human too, and you may be wrong in your assumptions about this whole saga, and even if you're right, whose to say you wouldn't have done the same thing in the same situation?

This place needs a big load of humility.

Excited for change but very disappointed with how it all came about.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, has come out of this smelling like roses.

The really disappointing thing though, is the reaction on here by so many.

Nobody but the very few insiders (Wayne, Seibs, and the boards) actually know what happened.

The rest of us are basing our opinions on press conferences and media reports, and that's exactly what they are; opinions.

Yet you decide that your opinion is actually, fact.

Heads up, it isn't.

IMO, the man who built the club and bought us 6 premierships at least deserves a little benefit of doubt.

He may have engineered the entire thing, and if so, I'd be disappointed but bottom line I don't know if he did or didn't, but I'm open to the possibility that he did and so there is now a shadow over his legacy, a question mark if you will. But so many of you have decided with 100% certainty that he is guilty and now despise the man. You simply don't know for sure what happened and would do well to remember that.

And further, if Wayne did get the shits on because the club he built wouldn't give him an extension and engineered this whole thing as a big **** you, who am I to say I wouldn't have done the same thing if I was put in the same position? I'm only human and I may well have acted the same way.

For all of you ready to burn Wayne at the stake, remember you are human too, and you may be wrong in your assumptions about this whole saga, and even if you're right, whose to say you wouldn't have done the same thing in the same situation?

This place needs a big load of humility.
Well said !!!!

**** me can Australian sport just pull their collective heads in.

They’ve managed to make me lose interest in the cricket and now the Broncs are trying bloody hard as well.

Bennett got out-wayned and now thats a blemish on seibold? Bennett lied to his employers and manipulated the media to put seibold into a box and seibold fought back. What was he meant to do? Say “haha good work wayne, whenever you want to move give me a call, i will just wait for you buddy! Cheers for fucking me around!”

I applaud seibold! The hipocrisy for the pro-bennett group is laughable. Bennett gets applauded for manipulating the media but still we are told it isnt about money and he has some moral reason for doing what he is doing whilst he always has his players best intentions at heart, yet seibold calls him out for the bs on all fronts and now its a blemish on his record? Haha

Not saying Bennett hasnt done anything wrong if we believe the media, but at the same time, Seibold has been equally as low if he has leaked emails and not just come out in public and said what he thinks. Its underhanded, i'd prefer it if he just came out, did an interview and said whats on his mind. He hasnt actually called BS on anything really as he hasnt said anything himself.

Big issue we have is we just dont know what the truth is from any side.

Not saying Bennett hasnt done anything wrong if we believe the media, but at the same time, Seibold has been equally as low if he has leaked emails and not just come out in public and said what he thinks. Its underhanded, i'd prefer it if he just came out, did an interview and said whats on his mind. He hasnt actually called BS on anything really as he hasnt said anything himself.

Big issue we have is we just dont know what the truth is from any side.
I think he did do an interview. There were plenty of quotes in the same article that contained the email.

**** me can Australian sport just pull their collective heads in.

They’ve managed to make me lose interest in the cricket and now the Broncs are trying bloody hard as well.

So true , I only watched about 5 full games last year. Definitely not going to come close this year either. All this has made me " meh" about the Broncos and aussie sport in general. Oh and the media can suck my balls.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Galah
  • Battler
  • NSW stables
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.