MELTDOWN Wayne Bennett - Moves to Souths

Should Wayne Bennett's Contract be Extended?

• Total voters
Yeah I don't understand how they can confidentially sack him. If they've cancelled the contract, surely he's not bound to any privacy agreement.

Maybe someone who understands employment laws can comment on it.

I assume they are respecting his confidentiality as part of a deal that he respects their’s. I’m sure a guy like Bennett knows a lot of unflattering truths about an organisation that he had been so intertwined in.

Come on mate, that's a pretty uncalled for sledge. I thought you were better than that. What are you trying to say exactly?
I wasn't sledging you. I know your mother uses your account sometimes and she is a massive fan. I was simply asking how she feels about this fiasco.

Okay so watching the White presser now.

- They were expecting the coaching swap to be announced on Friday
- Morris said Wayne told him he's the coach for 2019, and he told Wayne that's his position and the club's position
- The reasons for the decision to terminate his contract will remain confidential
- Relationship got to the stage where they no longer had the best chance of performing in 2019
- Players were not consulted on the decision, they are there to play footy
- Club was unaware of the press conference, or even that Wayne was turning up on Friday
- He spoke to White before the conference, and White was not satisfied with the discussion
- Right up until early Friday, positive conversations with Souths about a swap being right to proceed and were trying to satisfy directions from Wayne about some of the support staff being released
- "We couldn't afford to go through another week of what we went through, let alone the remainder of the preseason"
- Morris said they tried everything to have an elegant solution
- Seibold will be at the club tomorrow

Yeah.. But with no payout
Wayne always manipulated people and media to do what was best for the club.
Now it seems he was trying to tank the club and AS

Seibold was along for the ride because everyone was trying to keep Bennett's legacy in tact out of respect.

But he chucked a huge tantrum and tried to just monopoly flip the whole thing and take his payout.

Glad he gets nothing and glad the other staff and families now have clarity
WIN News has just reported that Bennett will be receiving a payout of 1M. We probably better wait and see on that one.

"I'm really pleased it's all resolved and that I can join this great Club with a free mind, knowing I did the right thing by the fans, staff and players," Bennett said."

I just read this as well.. what the **** is the old boy talking about? He might wanna get checked for dementia, that's not a normal thing to say with how things played out.

Last edited:
it's on fox news. After watching this its so blatant that Bennett is just the most manipulative piece of shit the game has ever seen. I thought Gus Gould and Ivan Cleary were assholes, Bennett is scum. I feel sorry for Seibold that he was put through all this crap when Bennett kept telling people one thing and saying another in the media. Absolute cancer.

Cry me a river

Okay so watching the White presser now.

- They were expecting the coaching swap to be announced on Friday
- Morris said Wayne told him he's the coach for 2019, and he told Wayne that's his position and the club's position
- The reasons for the decision to terminate his contract will remain confidential
- Relationship got to the stage where they no longer had the best chance of performing in 2019
- Players were not consulted on the decision, they are there to play footy
- Club was unaware of the press conference, or even that Wayne was turning up on Friday
- He spoke to White before the conference, and White was not satisfied with the discussion
- Right up until early Friday, positive conversations with Souths about a swap being right to proceed and were trying to satisfy directions from Wayne about some of the support staff being released
- "We couldn't afford to go through another week of what we went through, let alone the remainder of the preseason"
- Morris said they tried everything to have an elegant solution
- Seibold will be at the club tomorrow

Thanks for the summary broncospwn. Certainly 3 days (since it all blew up again on Friday) no one, particularly us fans, will forget in a hurry.

Last edited:
I have been a Bronco fan as long as i can remember. I loved Wayne but never more then the club and the team. Its the colours its the emblem its the Broncos.

I have backed Wayne on here, maybe to a fault. I didn't want to believe maybe, but in recent days I started to worry Wayne could be trying to get into our youngsters ears and may even be playing both sides of the coin. Then i read this stuff about him being involved with decisions at Souths. That is just not on. Even if he stuck around is it for the Broncos or to have TPJ/lodge as his new Boyd, a bartering chip he can use. I respect what he done for us and the NRl but he is gone now and thats that.

Seibold has my complete allegiance as of now. I wish him the best. I hope he brings new ideas, I hope we can see some real footy from the lads and they get behind him and surge into the new year and just fucking run riot in 19. Up the Broncos.

Also on the money.
He turned bad.
Stubbornness brought him his successes, but also wrote his downfall

Take your anti Bennett glasses off duesh bag .
Not saying he isn't stubborn or egotistical but to say it brought him success is bullshit.

Edit: Inappropriate.

Last edited by a moderator:

About 10 seconds in, 7 news reporter says he is getting a payout.

That’s cute and literally the only come back I get from you potatoes who fail to get a grip on reality.

Ha ha ! How have a failed to get a grip on reality? And how is it even a comeback? Could careless who you support , clown !

Also, he WONT get a huge payout. He breached his contract lol. If i was the ceo of coca cola and i was contacting employee at pepsi and setting out plans for the future you think i would get a cent if they sacked me lol. Im sure jason simmons can confirm/deny this but youd think this contract dispute would be a quick decision if it goes to court

Whoops !

Lol at the White & Morris press conference, they confirm exactly what I suspected, it was all Bennett.

This quote from Morris says it all -

"I'm satisfied the board and particularly Paul and in our relationship and discussions with Souths we couldn't have done any more than we what we did. We've been very respectful not only to Wayne but to his legacy."

He is sympathizing with Souths, both clubs literally did everything they could do make this a peaceful transition and the old flog wouldn't have it. Good riddance. What a way to tarnish your reputation.

You mean they did everything to push him out!

Yeah.. But with no payout
Wayne always manipulated people and media to do what was best for the club.
Now it seems he was trying to tank the club and AS

Seibold was along for the ride because everyone was trying to keep Bennett's legacy in tact out of respect.

But he chucked a huge tantrum and tried to just monopoly flip the whole thing and take his payout.

Glad he gets nothing and glad the other staff and families now have clarity

I agree Wayne hasnt come out if this looking good at all. I think the way he handled the media with all the Lodge bullshit was brilliant, this time not so much.

I still think he has got a payout, but as i said, we can find out when the end of financial year results are posted. Being a public company it wont be hard to find out.

If Morris and White were telling Bennett they have every intention for him to be the coach in 2019, while secretly negotiating with Souths, then I guess I can see why Bennett did what he did on Friday. Kind of a final **** you for lying to him?

In that case he knew he was a dead man walking so he probably did tell people he was going to Souths and started plans down there.

Kind of petty but pretty funny actually. Come round 1, hopefully with a win, we'll all forget about it.

Against the Storm if he can bring that, you never know.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • lynx000
  • Mighty Bronx
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.