MELTDOWN Wayne Bennett - Moves to Souths

Should Wayne Bennett's Contract be Extended?

• Total voters
My guess is there will be a reduced payout. If Wayne really has been making plans for Souths as reported, that gives the Broncos pretty good leverage.

And by the way, how does anyone think that there has been an agreement reached for a payout when White could not even get him on the phone to sack him??
He probably has a manager? If it's a full payout they don't need his OK either, they just pay it and the contract is done.

Last edited:
If Morris and White were telling Bennett they have every intention for him to be the coach in 2019, while secretly negotiating with Souths, then I guess I can see why Bennett did what he did on Friday. Kind of a final **** you for lying to him?

In that case he knew he was a dead man walking so he probably did tell people he was going to Souths and started plans down there.

Kind of petty but pretty funny actually. Come round 1, hopefully with a win, we'll all forget about it.

Did you genuinely miss the fact that Bennett was aware of those discussions and was putting forward conditions about how staff were dealt with to ensure that they were covered in the swap or are you just being obtuse?

Who is/isn’t satisfied with Paul White?

Who is/isn’t satisfied with Paul White?
I am. We have never been a stronger position off the field and a coach had never had a better platform in the true salary cap era to win a premiership then what paul white is providing our current or past coaches. He is massively succeding in what would be his EXACT job description.

I am. We have never been a stronger position off the field and a coach had never had a better platform in the true salary cap era to win a premiership then what paul white is providing our current or past coaches. He is massively succeding in what would be his EXACT job description.

Do you think he was genuine a while back in saying Wayne would be coaching next year or was the plan the whole time to move him on ASAP?

The pro-bennett team:

“Sure there are direct quotes from those involved and emails but its still just media hearsay!”

... no name reporter with no histroy in breaking stories in the nrl/inside scoops states “its BELIEVED bennett got a payout of a million dollars” whilst every other media outlet is reporting it is likely he is getting sacked on grounds of breaking his contract conditions-“proof he got the payout!!! Undeniable proof!!!”

Haha the level of denial is insane...

The pro-bennett team:

“Sure there are direct quotes from those involved and emails but its still just media hearsay!”

... no name reporter with no histroy in breaking stories in the nrl/inside scoops states “its BELIEVED bennett got a payout of a million dollars” whilst every other media outlet is reporting it is likely he is getting sacked on grounds of breaking his contract conditions-“proof he got the payout!!! Undeniable proof!!!”

Haha the level of denial is insane...
The anti-Bennett brigade, “Bennett is the devil incarnate - I wouldn’t believe a word he says”.
“The front office have acted admirably and I believe every word they say”.

For the record, I’m roughly straight down the middle . Neither Bennett nor the front office have covered themselves in glory and this whole MESS could have been avoided months ago with a little more honesty and communication.

Last edited:
Do you think he was genuine a while back in saying Wayne would be coaching next year or was the plan the whole time to move him on ASAP?
I think initially yes, but after that he was simply going along with the script to have the upper hand in negotiations. The very reason we are in such a strong position off the field is because we dont make stupid financial decisions like other clubs do. I dont get why bennett gets a free pass to use and manipulate the media to get the upper hand in negotiations but our ceo and management is getting blasted for doing the same. At least they SEEMED (not proven but all signs point to it being more likely then not) to have been being honest with those whos lives it will effect when it didnt put them in a position of weakness in negotiations, something bennett cannot claim to have done throughout the process. Looking after our finances is the main role of a ceo, handing out a million dollars without attempting every avenue to avoid it seems to me like poor management. They didnt do that...

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Skathen
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Griffo
  • Ozired
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Browny
  • Hurrijo
  • Redux
  • Financeguy
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Jazza
  • Aldo
  • winslow_wong
  • IceWorks
  • Fozz
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.