MELTDOWN Wayne Bennett - Moves to Souths

Should Wayne Bennett's Contract be Extended?

• Total voters
Well forgive us for our concern but after our previous due diligence and systems landed us with Henjak and Griffin I am hardly filled with confidence.

That's probably fair enough, maybe they didn't do it well last time so maybe that needs fixing not just never pick a coach again that doesn't have eight premierships.

The perspective here that really needs to be taken is:

Are the Broncs better or worse than when Bennett returned? Have they gone forward or backward as a team?

I suspect everyone will have understandably differing views but trying to answer these two questions objectively answers whether pushing Bennett out the door is the right or wrong option.

I don’t know myself but can see the arguments to say it has gone backwards. A new coach will always be a risk but I just can’t get my head around some of the weird retention and recruitment decisions Bennett has made.

The ONLY really undeniable reason to keep Bennett as coach is his ability to still draw players but he doesn’t need to be head coach for that to happen.

You can't just look at the team reslts , you need to look at the issues that are being rectified. You also need to consider the loss of bird , gillo and co.

He had no issues dropping Hunt last year when he was probably in better form then Boyd at present.

Which to me either means one of 3 things

a) Wayne has too much of an emotional attachment to Boyd

b) Wayne doesn’t want to drop his club captain

c) He has no one better to take his spot

Darius lately has been half decent at Centre and his general movement seems a lot more free but as soon as he has gone back to fullback his deficiencies have come flooding back to the core. The fact that he still isn’t backing himself at full pace means the decision to move him to centre should have been done months ago. Then at least by now Isaako might have picked up the nuances of the position a lot more and we’d be better served in that position. I just believe now it has been a selfish decision by either Boyd or Bennett to have persevered with Boyd’s injury struggles this long when it was clear after the first dozen games nothing has going to change. Whether it is mental or physical it needs to be sorted out over the off season as a priority.

Which to me either means one of 3 things

a) Wayne has too much of an emotional attachment to Boyd

b) Wayne doesn’t want to drop his club captain

c) He has no one better to take his spot

Darius lately has been half decent at Centre and his general movement seems a lot more free but as soon as he has gone back to fullback his deficiencies have come flooding back to the core. The fact that he still isn’t backing himself at full pace means the decision to move him to centre should have been done months ago. Then at least by now Isaako might have picked up the nuances of the position a lot more and we’d be better served in that position. I just believe now it has been a selfish decision by either Boyd or Bennett to have persevered with Boyd’s injury struggles this long when it was clear after the first dozen games nothing has going to change. Whether it is mental or physical it needs to be sorted out over the off season as a priority.
Half decent at centre? not so sure about that. Bulldogs ran riot on his edge last week. Honestly he just doesnt have the effort in him anymore. He will make a tackle and then lie down for the next play or two being way out of position. He just doesnt make repeat efforts. He simply isn't up to first grade, and honestly, would struggle in QLD cup with his current form.

It doesn't matter anyway, we either won't make the 8, or we will come 8th and lose round 1 of the Finals. Bennett's broncos career is done, and so too will Boyds when we get a new coach. The 750k we free up with Boyd leaving / Retiring can help us get a halfback who is actually a halfback.

You sure you didn't make this up?
Said on that channel at 7.15am crossing to Penrith at 8.30 and Broncos Headquarters at 10.30. They went to Penrith and interviewed RCG at 8.38. _ just said they will be live to Broncos shortly.

This is all getting really messy. Is it a powerplay by the board or has Bennett really done something to **** everyone off?

I get the life after Wayne planning, it's what good organisations do, but ****, good organisations don't **** off the current CEO when they have no concrete plans for a replacement. Absolute lunacy.

Lmao, its not even a press conference, just regular Monday morning media stuff, they aren't even talking about the coaching.

Fox Sports News equivalent of clickbait

Last edited:
The best thing about the cross was them showing the replay of boyd actually taking a hitup, but then forgetting what being tackled is like and dropping the ball and gifting taumololo a try.

Active Now

• barker
  • Santa
  • Pablo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Brocko
  • Broncorob
  • ozzball
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.