MELTDOWN Wayne Bennett - Moves to Souths

Should Wayne Bennett's Contract be Extended?

• Total voters
If it wasn’t for Bennett Corey the king Parker would still be playing.
You know what though, it was time for Parker to finish up. Maybe he had another season in him? But maybe we needed to make way for some of these extremely talented forwards we have coming through.
Parker went out at the top of his game the same way Wayne should. Wayne is tarnishing his legacy just as much as the Broncos management by having a fucking tantrum.

As much as I've got the shits with the clubs management about how they appear to be treating Bennett, I can't believe how spiteful he can be over 1 fucking season!!
Like how many players has Wayne had "the chat" with when their career was closing out? His contract runs out in 2019 because he's old as **** and he's got his nickers in a knot because the club has been sounding out a replacement...
Like, **** really!!?? Ok so he wanted a 1 year extension, and the club has said nah thanks Wayne we think you've served your time and it's time to move on....So he cracks the shits and wants to go to another club as a big **** You to the Broncos. Now there's talk of players walking ( important fucking players) to follow Wayne... **** sake!!! Over a 1 year extension!!!
I just don't get it?

Agree with this. Wayne is not really just a victim here, he seems to be feeding the media and manipulating as well as he ever has. Conducting a post-season review, particularly with a guy as old as Bennett is makes a lot of sense. Seems very petty from Bennett.

Sounds like a club in crisis. Right on the brink of the finals. Smh.

Ding ding ding
You’ve mentioned crisis, now we are definitely getting a headline in the paper tomorrow saying it’s full crisis mode

Unbelievable that both Grand Finalists from 2015 find themselves in such polarizing messes only 3 years later. When 2016 began, we were all swearing black and blue that the Broncos and Cowboys were ushering in a new era in the NRL. Now, it's once again status quo. The Football sucks, the code is a shambles and Melbourne get everything they want because a PR failure in Victoria keeps the NRL up at night.

[HASHTAG]#codeincrisis[/HASHTAG], but it's not even a crisis in their eyes.

Last edited:
Is there a bloke named Bennett offering blokes contracts at Fox Sports worth just as much as their playing contracts but without any of the effort?

Is there a bloke named Bennett offering blokes contracts at Fox Sports worth just as much as their playing contracts but without any of the effort?

Hey.. wait a damn minute, people on Fox Sports put in heaps of effort..

I've never heard anyone try as hard as Mark Gasnier to sound excited, he must practice yelling in front of the mirror on a daily basis.

Agree with this. Wayne is not really just a victim here, he seems to be feeding the media and manipulating as well as he ever has. Conducting a post-season review, particularly with a guy as old as Bennett is makes a lot of sense. Seems very petty from Bennett.

Or maybe he has assembled a team that he thinks gas a chance of a premiership in 1 or 2 years and he wants to see it happen. If there is anyone who really knows they have a good chance at the title its Bennett.

I've never heard anyone try as hard as Mark Gasnier to sound excited, he must practice yelling in front of the mirror on a daily basis.
I was thinking about this the other day. His over excitement is kind of annoying but also at least he's trying to be positive.

He is 36, played 347 games over 16 seasons plus 19 Origins and 13 tests for Australia, all as a middle forward and didn’t use PED’s...

I’m not sure Bennett is soley responsible for Parker not playing any longer...

Thank **** all the Bennett talk is now confined to one thread.

Will post more later.

**** I hate listening to that clown.

Now, players are picking "sides" going to Wayne's house and snubbing Paul White. *sigh*

Look, I'm Wayne Bennett's biggest supporter, he's actually one of my idols so do I want him to go? No, I don't. I was over the moon when he came back and I just knew he'd make us the Broncos again. The players choosing him is great, you want your players to be united with the coach but now, if it's true, they are snubbing the CEO and this whole thing is getting really messy, it's got the potential to derail us for seasons to come.

Wayne said that "they" will never divide us, but Wayne, we're already divided and it's EVERYONE'S fault. This MUST be fixed ASAP. Put pride and ego to the side and get us UNITED again and do it for the Brisbane Bronco fans, club and brand.

Unbelievable that both Grand Finalists from 2015 find themselves in such polarizing messes only 3 years later. When 2016 began, we were all swearing black and blue that the Broncos and Cowboys were ushering in a new era in the NRL. Now, it's once again status quo. The Football sucks, the code is a shambles and Melbourne get everything they want because a PR failure in Victoria keeps the NRL up at night.

[HASHTAG]#codeincrisis[/HASHTAG], but it's not even a crisis in their eyes.

The cowboys dicked themselves by trying to retain the exact squad tbh

Now, players are picking "sides" going to Wayne's house and snubbing Paul White. *sigh*

Look, I'm Wayne Bennett's biggest supporter, he's actually one of my idols so do I want him to go? No, I don't. I was over the moon when he came back and I just knew he'd make us the Broncos again. The players choosing him is great, you want your players to be united with the coach but now, if it's true, they are snubbing the CEO and this whole thing is getting really messy, it's got the potential to derail us for seasons to come.

Wayne said that "they" will never divide us, but Wayne, we're already divided and it's EVERYONE'S fault. This MUST be fixed ASAP. Put pride and ego to the side and get us UNITED again and do it for the Brisbane Bronco fans, club and brand.

Wayne is all about Wayne.

Parker was definitely slowing down in his last season, but he was still like a player in his early 20s compared to Thaiday in recent years.

Active Now

• The Strapper
  • Ondi
  • broncsgoat
  • Santa
  • davidp
  • Strop
  • Manofoneway
  • Aldo
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  • mitch222
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Financeguy
  • teampjta
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.