MELTDOWN Wayne Bennett - Moves to Souths

Should Wayne Bennett's Contract be Extended?

• Total voters

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Just placed my vote to retain WB.

Although today was a disaster, i think there's a few lessons learned this year. Hopefully Boyd is no longer captain and Wayne can move forward with the tough calls.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
Just placed my vote to retain WB.

Although today was a disaster, i think there's a few lessons learned this year. Hopefully Boyd is no longer captain and Wayne can move forward with the tough calls.

While ever WB is coach Boyd will be captain. Boyd is the most overrated player in the NRL.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
Wayne Bennett yesterday

Brisbane’s class of 2018 has not coped with the burden of expectation.....

“We have not won one of those games (as favourites) all season,” Bennett said.
“All week it was about us and how good we were going etc, which we were, but my biggest fear was that the expectation would rise its head again and choke us.
“Our best performances have been against the best teams. Teams we thought we could beat we just lost our way.

And some of you people want to keep the bloke who runs a team about which the above comments can be made?

You’re all delusional. Please go and visit a shrink in the off-season and join us in the real world.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Wayne Bennett yesterday

“All week it was about us and how good we were going etc, which we were, but my biggest fear was that the expectation would rise its head again and choke us.
“Our best performances have been against the best teams. Teams we thought we could beat we just lost our way.

And some of you people want to keep the bloke who runs a team about which the above comments can be made?

You’re all delusional. Please go and visit a shrink in the off-season and join us in the real world.
Whilst i disagree with you most times brent I think you raise a good point here...

If this has been a problem all year that bennett himself has acknowledged and he was worried about it happening again in a SUDDEN DEATH finals game and he has also “seen it all” as many say in his time..... then why didnt he fix it, sure if we still lost and just werent performing on the day then you could say theres no safeguard against that, but a loss with little to no effort like today gets helped only by a poor preperation. I thought bennett know what he was doing when all of a sudden this week all the players did media interviews amd talked themselves up, but what a dreadful tactic that was. Only increased the pressure on ourselves and fired up the dragons. They obviously couldnt back it up

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Wayne Bennett yesterday

You know what, I actually agree with some of your points. I wanted to give Bennett and the team the season to see how it pans out and now I am willing to make an assessment based on the results and it obviously isn’t good.

In terms of yourself constantly having pot shots at people for their opinion and telling them that there is something wrong with them because of it, you are a disgrace. If you were hear to share your opinions and stand by your convictions when we were winning and playing well then you would have the right to be taken seriously.

You are a joke and the worst kind of fan a sports team could have, the saddest thing of all is that I think you know that but can’t, or won’t change.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Wayne Bennett yesterday

It is a concern that this was an issue I identified as a fan in about round 4 that WB wasn’t able to identify and rectify in a whole season. They asked him and Boyd after the Souths game why it was happening and they just said good question and laughed it off.

Outside of that, I think WB has done a good job this year. We had an unfancied squad of young blokes that weren’t predicted to do anything, and now we have one of the more formidable packs in the game and Milf is coming into his own as a game winner (not yesterday). We won one less game than the minor premiers (whom we beat twice) and had the best record against top 8 sides. We cooked it against bottom feeding clubs which is an issue but I don’t see it being one next year.

Broncs1459

Broncs1459

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2012
Unless its Bellamy, better off keeping Wayne. It would have been a dream to have Bellamy working with this group of young talent. But I'm unsure another coach could do any better

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Unless its Bellamy, better off keeping Wayne. It would have been a dream to have Bellamy working with this group of young talent. But I'm unsure another coach could do any better

I'm unsure another coach could do any worse.

Imagine if we had this roster under Griffin and barely scraped in to the finals, and got shit stomped in the first round? We'd be baying for his head.

There's still many advantages to having Wayne at the helm, player drawing ability, experience, respect, etc. But it's becoming more apparent that he's not as capable as he once was in getting a playing group to buy in defensively every week. That was an absolute staple of every Bennett coached side over the last 20 years, they defend consistently well, every single week. Our overall defensive performance this season was the worst I've seen out of a Bennett coached side, period.

We leaked 500 points in the regular season this year, last year it was 423, the year before it was 420, the year before it was 364.

I hope I'm not alone in wanting a fresh start. The clear as day decline in his overall coaching & the constant back and forth with the media has grown tiresome, let's start over.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
What a load of shit

He’s not fast, he doesn’t have a kicking game, he never runs any outside inside plays. Boyd isn’t very strong and can’t save try’s especially if it’s putting his body on the line. The only thing he can do is the correct decision occasional 3 on 2 plays that every Fullback in the nrl can do because it’s part of the modern game. This is my opinion of him and while he is at fullback we are on a losing battle straight up. Imagine if we had a Slater or Tedesco at the back what a difference that would make.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
You know what, I actually agree with some of your points. I wanted to give Bennett and the team the season to see how it pans out and now I am willing to make an assessment based on the results and it obviously isn’t good.

In terms of yourself constantly having pot shots at people for their opinion and telling them that there is something wrong with them because of it, you are a disgrace. If you were hear to share your opinions and stand by your convictions when we were winning and playing well then you would have the right to be taken seriously.

You are a joke and the worst kind of fan a sports team could have, the saddest thing of all is that I think you know that but can’t, or won’t change.
Poor baby.

Got mugged by reality and now wants to have a pot shot at people who were right all along.

Enjoy champ.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Poor baby.

Got mugged by reality and now wants to have a pot shot at people who were right all along.

Enjoy champ.

Could you at least answer the question about where your pathetic, shitty, childish rants were when we beat good teams? We had people tagging you, and you wouldn't show up. Why were you right? Because you sided with around 50% of the supporter base? You're not special mate, you're just a bit of a flog when we lose. Plenty like you on Facebook, why don't you go there?

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
Wayne Bennett yesterday

Lots of "Wayne must go" comments being thrown around (you probably wrote half of them yourself @Brent81 )

But it's not a matter of Wayne must go, it's a matter of who replaces him

I've always been a Wayne fan, but I can admit change is needed

If Wayne won't make the hard calls and change some of his selections, the club has to make the hard decision and change the coach

I'm OK with that, but only for the right replacement

Sacking Wayne and replacing him with an unproven rookie may not be the best idea

Last edited:
P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Poor baby.

Enjoy champ.

Bet your one of those guys that people would love just to punch in the face , not because of your shit attitude but just the way you look ! Mix that with your attitude and i bet your mum would love to hook you !

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Poor baby.

Enjoy champ.

How are you right? Because the players didnt stand up and perform? We have done pretty well considering we have blooded so many inexperienced players.

Luckily for us, Bennett will more than likely be here next year. You might actually have a little more credibility if you actually showed up on here after our wins instead of just losses when you start crying like a toddler having a tantrum.

Unread

Active Now

• Organix
  • Mustafur
  • Lozza
  • bert_lifts
  • Financeguy
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.