MELTDOWN Wayne Bennett - Moves to Souths

Should Wayne Bennett's Contract be Extended?

• Total voters
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I'm hoping Souffs win the premiership this year (**** Storm, Roosters and Gould). Seibold becomes a premiership winning coach, did his part for Souffs, and decides he wants to come here after Bennett is gone.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I think dump Bennett now and call in Walters for next year.

Why though? He's got a horrible coaching record, like, actually look it up. He's shit.

Add Origin to the mix where as soon as he lost Cam Smith (The actual coach) he shit the bed, and waited for the papers to tell him who he should pick and why.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
Why though? He's got a horrible coaching record, like, actually look it up. He's shit.

Add Origin to the mix where as soon as he lost Cam Smith (The actual coach) he shit the bed, and waited for the papers to tell him who he should pick and why.

He got our halves working what more do we need?

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
NVM, was in the middle of typing a response when I noticed Nashy's post. Have a word with yourself Brent.

I heard about a Bronco supporter today (or yesterday) burning his jersey. I immediately thought of Brent....and hoped he'd burnt the **** out of himself doing it.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
I just can’t see Bennett making too many changes even after this year and change is what we need.

Look I agree, I’d be very surprised if he does and sticks to the changes we need. But Walters is not the answer

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
This business of Gee being in the coaches box is a storm in a teacup but Bennett should know better. Not a good look for the club, also now the original issue about the missing cash is back in the headlines... Not the best idea from a bloke who's up for review.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
This business of Gee being in the coaches box is a storm in a teacup but Bennett should know better. Not a good look for the club, also now the original issue about the missing cash is back in the headlines... Not the best idea from a bloke who's up for review.
F E let them say what they like. He still had his clothes on, the fact he took a huge one for the club means I still love the G man. I still can't the picture out of my head of Lazzo holding his arms by his sides as he stood up at origin so he could not tackle and NSW scored right next to him. Gee was filthy.

Last edited:
K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
bullshit ... he pissed off before our halves started playing well this season...

He supposedly left because WB wouldn’t let him make any changes to anything in the team and it was pointless staying.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
He supposedly left because WB wouldn’t let him make any changes to anything in the team and it was pointless staying.

that's rumour at best ... made up media bullshit at worst ...

the fact is he cut and run ... our halves didn't start playing well until long after he was gone.

besides being a head coach in the NRL is more than just being able to coach the halves. he has done nothing as a head club coach to suggest that he should be the next coach of the most prestigious rugby league club in the world.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
He got our halves working what more do we need?

You're mistaken, again. He was credited with our 2015 halves. Came back to help out, and they went backwards, so he was told to piss off.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
You're mistaken, again. He was credited with our 2015 halves. Came back to help out, and they went backwards, so he was told to piss off.

But when your trying to teach and no one will listen there is no point to staying.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
But when your trying to teach and no one will listen there is no point to staying.

So to break this down. He wanted to do something different to the most experienced coach in the game, so he's the perfect candidate to be head coach?

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
I’m starting to lean towards it’s time for him to move on.

I think the team is too complacent in their positions (Macca,Moose,Boyd) and doesn’t appear to be addressing the obvious issues the team has

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Personally I think Sunday's result will be the end of Wayne's time at the Broncos, I think come October he will be gone and won't see out 2019.

Sunday's 'performance' at home in front of a bumper crowd was nothing short of embarrassing for the club, it will be the final nail IMO and justifies the boards decision to look elsewhere.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Santa
  • Brocko
  • ivanhungryjak
  • westy316
  • Kev_Guz
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Alec
  • bert_lifts
  • Nerd
  • Volvo Driver
  • johnyE
  • lynx000
  • bazza
  • Johnny92
  • Scorchie
  • Behind enemy lines
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Painin the Haas
  • Dash
... and 50 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.