MELTDOWN Wayne Bennett - Moves to Souths

Should Wayne Bennett's Contract be Extended?

• Total voters
good, now we just have to put up with the rags linking us to all and sundry for the next 9 months.

Can someone actually give me a positive that will come out of this? Like a legitimate one. Definitely not this no more Bennett-ball shit. There's nobody better available at the moment and we will lose some of out best players that Wayne brought here or made a better player.

Can someone actually give me a positive that will come out of this? Like a legitimate one. Definitely not this no more Bennett-ball shit. There's nobody better available at the moment and we will lose some of out best players that Wayne brought here or made a better player.

There might be a chance that Wayne decides to accept the Broncos offer of a front-office position, thereby ensuring he hangs around at the club and helps nurture the talent we have there at the moment.

That to me, would be the ideal outcome.

I also wonder how the players and even Wayne will be mentally next season knowing the changes that will come in 2020

There might be a chance that Wayne decides to accept the Broncos offer of a front-office position, thereby ensuring he hangs around at the club and helps nurture the talent we have there at the moment.

That to me, would be the ideal outcome.

Paul White denied that was ever a thing.

The only coach available is Anthony griffin. And he’s tight with Paul white.

God help us all.

Will be an interesting fall out.

Keep an eye out for the 1 yr extension to Oates & TPJ. Wouldn't be surprised if both stick around for next year and then decide to head elsewhere..

Maybe even others..Lodge?

This board is fucking incompetent. Why the **** do you make a call on a coach more than a year out from their contract which doesn't end their tenure right then and there?
The better incentive would be lets see how you are rolling in round 12 and then we can talk about an extension. Puts a rocket up him to begin with, dangles a carrot in the air for if they make a massive statement next year and you still can interview for potential coaches next year. Now all you have is an unhappy coach, players who don't know their future next year (who is going to make the recruitment shots?) and an extremely unhappy fan base either way depending on results. If we are winning, people will unload on why are we getting rid of him and if we are losing call for him to be sacked immediately. This board is absolutely fucking incompetent.

This board is fucking incompetent. Why the **** do you make a call on a coach more than a year out from their contract which doesn't end their tenure right then and there?
The better incentive would be lets see how you are rolling in round 12 and then we can talk about an extension. Puts a rocket up him to begin with, dangles a carrot in the air for if they make a massive statement next year and you still can interview for potential coaches next year. Now all you have is an unhappy coach, players who don't know their future next year (who is going to make the recruitment shots?) and an extremely unhappy fan base either way depending on results. If we are winning, people will unload on why are we getting rid of him and if we are losing call for him to be sacked immediately. This board is absolutely fucking incompetent.

Because if you wait until Round 12 next season then there's a very good chance any good coaches available have already been signed or extended for 2020.

Most coaches will want to sort out their future this off-season, it would've been irresponsible not to make it official as soon as possible.

Things are going to get interesting now with our retention and recruitment. The players arent happy.

One alright season should not make a Broncos coach..

I guess that's the choice the board will have to make, yes, Seibold has only had one good NRL season, but you've gotta factor in his prior experience and performance in the lower grades, and even as an assistant, he's been considered one of the best up & coming coaches for a fair while.

So, do we go with a guy who's in high demand, young and has potentially to build the Broncos dynasty over the next 10 years, or do we go with someone older & with more runs on the board? I'd prefer to take a flyer on Seibold, I've been nothing but impressed with everything he's done with the Bunnies this year.

We inform Bennett that he's unwanted the weekend after Seibold gets eliminated from finals contention, coincidence? I think not.

[HASHTAG]#Seibold2020[/HASHTAG]

Seibold's game tactics were found out pretty severely in the last 2 weeks of the finals. They got very lucky against the Dragons and never looked like troubling the roosters despite every man on earth seeing Cronk was fucked the entire second half in defence. They were just lucky that Cronk had done his arm when he did and Mitchell wasn't on the field or the score would have been a hell of a lot higher.
Its one thing to have a great regular season (just ask Brian Smith) but you need to win in September to make an elite coach.

Things are going to get interesting now with our retention and recruitment. The players arent happy.

the players weren't happy when hook was sacked ... they got over it

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.