MELTDOWN Wayne Bennett - Moves to Souths

Should Wayne Bennett's Contract be Extended?

• Total voters
I am amazed every time a discussion about the best fullback of all time comes up and lockyers name isnt mentioned. Lockyer doesnt move to 5/8th slater gets nowhere near the queensland jersey, even k hunt was in front of slater originally but got benched due to having more versatillaty then slater. People forget how gppd he was there because he was also so good at 5/8th.

People go on about slater re-defining fullback but Lockyer took ball playing from the back to a new level. His last line defence was also unreal at time. Similar to rts now, held up players when you thought he was no chance. From his first game to his last at fullback he was the best fullback bar none. Minichello was a distaaaaant second even in his peak. B stewart, k hunt, and now rts and tedesco have never gotten the top spot but have all challenged slater for his title at certain periods. The storm got to a gf without him, broncos wouldnt have made the 2nd week of finals without lockyer...

I think Locky was a better fullback than Slater as well.

initially ... but he significantly improved it ... i'll always remember this tackle

So long ago. Was it filmed on a calculator? Clearly Lockyer was practicing in the sand pit in preparation for the Suncorp sandpit.

I think Locky helped make Smith (and all the QLD greats really) the leader he is today, but Smith perfected the art. The guy has gotten his side into the GF playing a hybrid hooker/ halfback role, is able to make the refs bow to him like a siren to a sailor, acts as an on field coach to the point where Bellamy has like a sub 30% win rate without him, and is bullet proof in that he does what he wants in the ruck.

That said, if you offered me either one at 18 years old knowing how their careers would pan out I would be stuck on who to pick.

Locky, in a heartbeat

Only player to win 2 Golden Boots in vastly different positions

Ability to win in a clutch

Integrity

And not a grubby ****

:)

Badel saying on NRL Tonight that McGuire is indeed interested in the Broncos head coaching position.

Badel saying on NRL Tonight that McGuire is indeed interested in the Broncos head coaching position.

He's set to take the Manly job, so I doubt he'll be taking the Broncos job.

He's set to take the Manly job, so I doubt he'll be taking the Broncos job.
Has it been confirmed he is taking the Manly job ?

I mean, if he had a choice between us and Manly .... who do you think he would pick ?

I mean, if he had a choice between us and Manly .... who do you think he would pick ?

Maybe we aren't interested in having him as coach. And who knows, maybe he wants to stay in NSW.

It hasn't been confirmed but the other candidates have reportedly either dropped out or weren't accepted by Manly. I think Maguire is the only option left.

It hasn't been confirmed but the other candidates have reportedly either dropped out or weren't accepted by Manly. I think Maguire is the only option left.
Ok thanks, i haven't really been keeping up with the Manly coaching scenario.

Seriously though, if the Broncs came calling, you'd drop the Manly job prospect in a heartbeat. The only coach who wouldn't want to coach the Broncs is the one guy the Broncs and everyone else wants - Bellamy.

Active Now

• kman
  • GCBRONCO
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Broncorob
  • Sproj
  • BroncoFan94
  • HVbronco
  • Browny
  • Johnny92
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • theshed
  • scobie
  • HarryAllan7
  • TimWhatley
  • BruiserMk1
  • Financeguy
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.