MELTDOWN Wayne Bennett - Moves to Souths

Should Wayne Bennett's Contract be Extended?

• Total voters
Cleary has done a presser this morning saying that he is definitely staying with the Tigers next year.

This will further ramp up speculation about Bennet and Penrith.

suck shit Gould ... how long before he loses Nathan as well

Gould will hire someone like Ciraldo, who he thinks will allow him to remain a puppeteer ... Bennett doesn't work that way, when he coaches a team, he takes FULL control of all things relating to the footy team

... Bennett doesn't work that way, when he coaches a team, he takes FULL control of all things relating to the footy team

Yep there is no way Bennett will be happy to take instruction on how to coach the team from Gould and no way Gould will relinquish his control to Wayne........ Not gunna happen.

Agreed. By tomorrow the media will have the entire team walking out and Brisbane forfeiting the competition.

By the end of the week it will be the Brisbane Crushers, Griffin will be coaching and JT will be captain coach...

My understanding is everyone except TPJ has a contract. They will all say they want to leave when Bennett does until they don’t cause they have a contract and pay to collect.

I am not keen on pissing off the players by shafting Bennett so need to manage it the right way. Offer him the godfather role with big cash and if he leaves needs to get him to admit he is leaving them for his own bullshit agenda rather than the good of the club and players. Need for players to see what a good on field plan looks like before they jump to conclusions. Can’t imagine it is fun as a player playing Bennett ball.

By the end of the week it will be the Brisbane Crushers, Griffin will be coaching and JT will be captain coach...

My understanding is everyone except TPJ has a contract. They will all say they want to leave when Bennett does until they don’t cause they have a contract and pay to collect.

I am not keen on pissing off the players by shafting Bennett so need to manage it the right way. Offer him the godfather role with big cash and if he leaves needs to get him to admit he is leaving them for his own bullshit agenda rather than the good of the club and players. Need for players to see what a good on field plan looks like before they jump to conclusions. Can’t imagine it is fun as a player playing Bennett ball.

Spot on mate.

For mine, it's a storm in a teacup. The players are professionals doing a job.

Well no wonder the board doesn’t want the gig to go to JD, he has no loyalty to us only to WB
He can get fucked

Sigh.

Assistant coaches nearly always go with the head coach- what else are you going to do? Bennett took all his staff to Dragons and Knights with him. A new head coach will bring his people.

If Bennett left and JD didn't get the head role he would leave yes- it's hardly a revelation.

Agreed. By tomorrow the media will have the entire team walking out and Brisbane forfeiting the competition.

all they have done is changed one agenda (Lodge) for another (Bennett) ... if the players are that desperate for Bennett to stay then there is one thing they can do:

If players want to leave because Bennett leaves, they are welcome to **** off.

Well, I wouldnt be surprised now if we lose TPJ, Roberts and Lodge amongst others, and lets not forget Haas has pretty much stayed here because of Bennett as well. If we dont handle this well, we could well have a shitstorm on our hands. Contracts arent worth the paper they are written on these days. We could actually lose some really key players, and combine that with Oates more than likely to leave, our squad could be decimated.

Well, I wouldnt be surprised now if we lose TPJ, Roberts and Lodge amongst others, and lets not forget Haas has pretty much stayed here because of Bennett as well. If we dont handle this well, we could well have a shitstorm on our hands. Contracts arent worth the paper they are written on these days. We could actually lose some really key players, and combine that with Oates more than likely to leave, our squad could be decimated.

Newcastle is a cautionary tale.

Dobbo doesn't know jack shit

besides why would JD walk when he is in a position to get the coaching job

He is Waynes preferred coach to succeed him, White and the directors see things differently.

He is Waynes preferred coach to succeed him, White and the directors see things differently.

Yeah and I'm ok with that. Bennett doesn't have a good track record with anointing his successors. He backed both Henjak and Steve Price to do the job after he left.

Jeez there’s some out there ideas on here. Like Bellamy or any other coach can miraculously fix all the issues with the current team and be in any better position then we are currently in. You’d have either never played footy and therefore think the coach is some wizard or you’ve got chemical imbalances in your brains. These aren’t school kids. They are grown men with overly stoked Egos from being successful from a young age. A coach can’t just wave some magic wand and it all goes away. WB is doing a pretty epic job to have us even in the 8. Most of the key changes we do need (e.g. spine, hooker balance, captaincy, etc) happen in pre seasons. Not 3 weeks before the finals.

My opinion of Cleary will go through the roof if it turns out he was trolling the Panthers. Made them think he'll sign, they get rid of Griffin then BAM.....not coming Gus.

There are so many head a scratching decisions though this year that are hard to understand:

1. Why was Boyd persisted with so long at fullback and why is he back there again suddenly?
2. Isaako offers nothing in attack at fb but he was pretty good defensively which is one half more than Boyd offers, why was he moved?
3. Why is Thaiday still starting when he is a benchie at best these days (he really should have retired last year)?
4. Why on earth wasn’t Staggs put in the 30 man squad??
5. Why did anything think signing Bird ON BIG MONEY was a good idea?
6. Why was Haas massively upgraded but Oates seemingly let go?
7. Why hasn’t Carrigan got a game?
8. Why did Shibasaki get a game but Pearson can’t?
9. Why is Macca playing 80?
10. Why is Staggs not getting game time at all?

And otherh questions.

There are so many head a scratching decisions though this year that are hard to understand:

1. Why was Boyd persisted with so long at fullback and why is he back there again suddenly?
2. Isaako offers nothing in attack at fb but he was pretty good defensively which is one half more than Boyd offers, why was he moved?
3. Why is Thaiday still starting when he is a benchie at best these days (he really should have retired last year)?
4. Why on earth wasn’t Staggs put in the 30 man squad??
5. Why did anything think signing Bird ON BIG MONEY was a good idea?
6. Why was Haas massively upgraded but Oates seemingly let go?
7. Why hasn’t Carrigan got a game?
8. Why did Shibasaki get a game but Pearson can’t?
9. Why is Macca playing 80?
10. Why is Staggs not getting game time at all?

And otherh questions.

11. Why is McGuire always playing at lock when Joffa can do a far better job?
12. Why can't Dargan/Scarlet or someone else get a crack?
13. Why's it so freaking hard to turn up against teams that are low in the ladder?
14. Why can't everyone get their freaking head around do what's best for the club rather than fighting their self fucking egos?

I am sure we can build the list. Any more contributors?

11. Why is McGuire always playing at lock when Joffa can do a far better job?
12. Why can't Dargan/Scarlet or someone else get a crack?
13. Why's it so freaking hard to turn up against teams that are low in the ladder?
14. Why can't everyone get their freaking head around do what's best for the club rather than fighting their self fucking egos?

I am sure we can build the list. Any more contributors?
Why haven't the Broncos honchos contacted any of the plethora of league 'experts' on here to take over as coach seeing as heaps seem to believe they have the answers? Wayne may not be perfect but I can assure he knows more about running a footy team then all the contributors on here combined.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.