Wayne Bennett related player movement discussion

Re: Darius Boyd return?

I find it funny that some people are begging for changes but as soon as there are options it's no, no, no, no, no! Every single time. Tell us who you would take then?

I'd take Boyd back as a winger if we were to lose Reed and Hoffman.

What's with all the hate for Boyd? Remember he left because we didn't offer him a contract.

He's a proven performer and I'd take him back in a heart beat. More so if we could offload Hoffman and Reed at the same time. Heck I'd chuck in Maranta as well (you pick wingers to score tries, not to be "safe under the high ball").

What's with all the hate for Boyd? Remember he left because we didn't offer him a contract.

He's a proven performer and I'd take him back in a heart beat. More so if we could offload Hoffman and Reed at the same time. Heck I'd chuck in Maranta as well (you pick wingers to score tries, not to be "safe under the high ball").

Well, even though I'm blown away by that flawless logic, Boyd has only scored 28 tries at club level since leaving the Broncs.

On a professional level he's a fullback and we don't need one. He'd be fine on the wing but you don't pay Boyd money for a winger, and even then, he's not the best winger. His strengths are as a fullback.

In terms of him as a human being, he just strikes me as being a dick. I wouldn't care if I thought he could substantially help our team but I don't think he can.

I'm neural to this as long as he doesn't want to play fullback or 5/8.

Im not having a go at anyone.

I just don't understand why people seem to hate him so much.

Im not having a go at anyone.

I just don't understand why people seem to hate him so much.

No one really hates him, but you can surely see why we don't want another fullback?
We have two great fullbacks for next year and a wannabe fullback, why get a fourth player who would only want to play that position as well. As I said, I'd only take him at a reasonable price and if it wasn't under some kind of impression that he's owed the 1 or 6 jersey.

No one really hates him, but you can surely see why we don't want another fullback?
We have two great fullbacks for next year and a wannabe fullback, why get a fourth player who would only want to play that position as well. As I said, I'd only take him at a reasonable price and if it wasn't under some kind of impression that he's owed the 1 or 6 jersey.
Another reason to be weary of WB returning... Boyd would probably get a spot in the team, probably ahead of someone more deserving.

He started as a centre and I think that's where he should play.

I think he's a lot better than Reed.

I agree about the sense of entitlement issue...need to sort that out before he comes.

He started as a centre and I think that's where he should play.

I think he's a lot better than Reed.

I agree about the sense of entitlement issue...need to sort that out before he comes.
Well we're on the same wavelength now.

All that being said, I didn't even want Wayne as a head coach, but would love him to play some role at the club, potentially a Phil Gould role as director of football.

I find it funny that some people are begging for changes but as soon as there are options it's no, no, no, no, no! Every single time. Tell us who you would take then?

I'd take Boyd back as a winger if we were to lose Reed and Hoffman.

Totally agree with what you said, well done pal!

Boyd is a great winger, but would he settle for a spot there? He'd likely want to play fullback or 5/8th.

Boyd can come back, if he doesn't want to play wing then he can slice up oranges for the players at half time.

i don't even want him as a center, wing or nothing ... Copley should be next in line for a center position, in fact he should be there now instead of Reed

i sat next to Boyd once at a restaurant. he smelled bad and had an attitude to match. just saying

i don't even want him as a center, wing or nothing ... Copley should be next in line for a center position, in fact he should be there now instead of Reed

The only thing counting against Copley at centre is that he's got a good combination with Hodges on the right. I'm tempted to keep him there.

Heck I'd chuck in Maranta as well (you pick wingers to score tries, not to be "safe under the high ball").

1. I don't think you just pick wingers to score tries. wingers have to be able to do multiple things very well, that includes finishing tries and being safe under the high ball. Both of those abilities are very important

2. Boyd is obviously better than Maranta (by a country mile) but he's no Ken Irvine either. Boyd is good as a winger because he is very safe and good in defence, he's not exactly a star when it comes to tries

I seriously don't think Boyd would be willing to play wing.

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • pennywisealfie
  • MrRobot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.