WiganWarriorsFan

Feb 11, 2015
My thoughts on the game.

1. The dragons were poor
2. The Wolves were poorer
3. Joel Monaghan sucks
4. George Rose looks like he ate George Rose

That's a little harsh.

1. The Dragons were ok, its not all a pushover in the English league you know !
2. See above.
3. I wish I sucked as bad as him and was on his wage packet.
4. Gorgeous George has always been that shape !

W

WiganWarriorsFan

Feb 11, 2015
typical english conditions for the dragons game this morning, i guess we should expect the same tomorrow? if so, probably wont see much expansive footy. battle of the forwards. just looking for us to play smart and control the ball and field position

Oh yes, you can expect the same conditions against us, its miserable over here.

To be honest I am praying for a dry evening, better game and more flowing rugby.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
That's a little harsh.

1. The Dragons were ok, its not all a pushover in the English league you know !
2. See above.
3. I wish I sucked as bad as him and was on his wage packet.
4. Gorgeous George has always been that shape !

I wasn't claiming any pushovers I'm the super league, also doesn't change be fact that both teams were poor.

Not necessarily directing this entirely at you but that's one thing I can't stand when people say "can't be that bad if he plays in the top grade/gets paid so much" etc. obviously he/they are far better at footy than we could ever dream of being, but they are competing at the elite level and will be judged that way

George is fatter than he has ever been

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
typical english conditions for the dragons game this morning, i guess we should expect the same tomorrow? if so, probably wont see much expansive footy. battle of the forwards. just looking for us to play smart and control the ball and field position

The conditions in the Dragons game were actually quite good compared to the norm. The rain wasn't quite torrential as it has been in previous world club challenge encounters and the turf held up pretty well. In saying that it would of been bloody freezing at 3 degrees.

The English Super League refs are so much better than the NRL ones, as are the style of play of the English teams. The ESL may not be as good as the NRL, but the teams over there play a very entertaining and expansive brand of footy with plenty of ball movement. They don't mind passing it from side to side in attack, but can also be very physical and can dominate through the middle of the ruck. The game itself is very quick without the wrestle and refs don't unnecessarily intervene. There's very few penalties and the refs let the game flow.

Expect a good game against Wigan as well as Souths vs St Helens.

Last edited:
Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
My thoughts on the game.

1. The dragons were poor
2. The Wolves were poorer
3. Joel Monaghan sucks
4. George Rose looks like he ate George Rose
And the George Rose he ate was holding an arm full of pies.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Windows Media Center set to record.. hopefully it's worth watching later tomorrow.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Anyone staying up? I am, YOLO.

Hoping for some Hunt & Milford brilliance.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Yep stayed up basically all night last night and then slept all day to the soothing rain. Only woke up at 7:30 pm so I'm primed haha

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I'm up, very much looking forward to it. Gonna drive over to Maccas and get some muffins and a hash brown at 4 before the game.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
I'm up with the little man currently, taking the night shift so the lady can get some sleep.

Thought we had a few hours yet so might try and squeeze in a bit more sleep prior to. Kick off is 6am qld time, right?

morethanjack

morethanjack

NYC Player
Contributor
Aug 12, 2013
My sleeping pattern is rooted. I was going to try get a little shut eye before the game but now I'm making bolognese and playing zelda.

Really looking forward to seeing Milford at 6. It'll be interesting to see how the team is coming along under Bennett too.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
Really looking forward to seeing Milford at 6. It'll be interesting to see how the team is coming along under Bennett too.

Absolutely. Despite Wayne's allusion to this being little more than a trial, the team we're fielding, limited interchange, and opposition all point towards this being a good approximation of how we're travelling.

I hope to see cohesion in the halves, quality in defence, and a good performance from our pack. Given the backline is not our first choice, I'm not expecting too much magic in that department. If they can tick those boxes, I'll be happy.

A win would always be nice though. Especially seeing as the Drag Queens got one.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I went over the servo for an iced coffee and a mother.. that should keep me buzzed until 8am i guess.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I'm up and drinking a lot of coffee.

Then afterwards I'm taking a sleeping pill and going back to fucking sleep... I can't wait until Broncos are back.

Last edited:
GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Up and ready for the game, watching the WCC from 1992 atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Financeguy
  • Alec
  • eggstar10
  • Waynesaurus
  • Hoof Hearted
  • FACTHUNT
  • Old Mate
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lostboy
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Dash
  • broncomax
  • Strop
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.