Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
Poor fella, hope he gets better soon

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Been keeping an eye on Wigan, just to get a sense of what to expect from them.

Got to agree with Wayne when he says they're a very Australian side. Defence is well and truly at the forefront of their gameplan and they're not afraid to get their hands dirty in the ruck in order to assert their dominance over their opponents. It's generally worked out alright for them as the referees tend to let a lot go away but they will offer the Broncos plenty of opportunities at their line.

Unlike a lot of Australian teams, they're not afraid to spread the ball around. From what I noticed they'd usually take a hit up before throwing a couple of cut-outs to see if there was space out-wide, Brisbane are going to have to look to cut them off at the pass because both Burgess and Charnley can motor.

In order for the Broncos to win, they'll have to play some patient football. The chances will be on offer but they'll have to chip away at the Warriors before they can look to pile on the points. I expect the forwards to lead the way in this respect, but I'd also be looking for Hunt and Milford to ask the Warriors questions with their kicking game. At a certain point, the game should open up and that's when I hope both guys start taking the ball to the line and supporting their big men to keep the Warriors on the back-foot.

My big concern for Brisbane other than rust and maybe over-eagnerness is their left hand edge. Whitchurch, Milford and Maranta are really going to have to stand up defensively because the likes of Tomkins, Bateman, Williams and Charnley can pose a real handful.

I'm expecting a tight game but expect the Warriors to take advantage of their home ground advantage and to win on goals.

W

WiganWarriorsFan

Feb 11, 2015
You were doing so well there until the last comment about us winning on goals.. Our kickers are terrible!!!

We arent going to be a pushover though despite what some NRL fans think of the English league.

It can go either way.

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Sadly, Matty Smith is still a better option than Corey Parker.

Although it's worth noting that the Broncos will likely take the two points whenever they're on offer. It's a Bennett trademark and given the Warriors are happy to give away penalties inside their own 20 I can see the Broncos employing a Rugby-esque mentality.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Although it's worth noting that the Broncos will likely take the two points whenever they're on offer. It's a Bennett trademark and given the Warriors are happy to give away penalties inside their own 20 I can see the Broncos employing a Rugby-esque mentality.

Good to see you haven't lost your poetic touch BP.

I also hope that passing the ball which also used to be rugby-esque will also be employed.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Hopefully Bennett and the Broncos get in Charnley's ear about a 2-3 year Australian holiday in the Sunshine State.

W

WiganWarriorsFan

Feb 11, 2015
Hopefully Bennett and the Broncos get in Charnley's ear about a 2-3 year Australian holiday in the Sunshine State.

Yeh, you can have him !

He has scored a total of ELEVEN points in 2 games in my dream team ! Worse than useless :laugh:

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Maranta > Charnley

It's a great deal for Wigan.

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013

Seeing as though its still a trial game, I wouldn't be surprised if Bennett opts to go away from taking the two points whenever its available and instead take the quick tap. I'm sure he would like the team (more-so our spine) to string some plays together and gain some rhythm and continuity with the football, especially in attack, before the season kicks off.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Fair point, it'll be interesting to see how he treats the game. If he sees it as a simulation for Souths, I wouldn't mind the Broncos opting for the two.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I hope they don't do it too much.

There is a time when you should take the two, and there is a time when you shouldn't.. Broncos have had a knack for taking the two when they should have kept the pressure on the opposition.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
I can't imagine Wayne playing against type here. Dare say we would take the two then get back into the grind, should the opportunity present itself.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Jesus... When would you ever take two points against souths!?? Only when you're at least 16 in. ....far too many points in a strike side like the rabbits to ever think 6 8 or 14 will get you home against them

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
When it's the first game of the season, combinations are still very raw and you need to post points to settle the nerves so when the game breaks down, we're not relying on Adam Reynolds to spray left.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
Jesus... When would you ever take two points against souths!?? Only when you're at least 16 in. ....far too many points in a strike side like the rabbits to ever think 6 8 or 14 will get you home against them

We're playing Wigan, not Souths..

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
All games are on Gem which is channel 90 (Brisbane Time)

This morning

Time 5:30am - 8:00am

Duration 150 minutes

Channel GEM Brisbane

Title Warrington Wolves v St George-Illawarra Dragons

Sunday morning

Time 5:30am - 7:45am

Duration 135 minutes

Channel GEM Brisbane

Title Wigan Warriors v Brisbane Broncos

Monday morning

Time 5:00am - 7:00am

Duration 120 minutes

Channel GEM Brisbane

Title St Helens v South Sydney Rabbitohs

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
typical english conditions for the dragons game this morning, i guess we should expect the same tomorrow? if so, probably wont see much expansive footy. battle of the forwards. just looking for us to play smart and control the ball and field position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Foordy
  • levikaden
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Johnny92
  • Alec
  • Alihaider
  • Xzei
  • Manofoneway
  • davidp
  • Jedhead
  • Gaz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.