We are a bargaining tool.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Is it just me or do others see it this way as well? Anytime a player wants more money a move to the Broncos hits the media, we get a few articles and 20 topics on BHQ before the extend their stay at their club for twice the money and we move onto the next rumour.

I'm somewhat over the excitement of potential signings and more interested in the remainder of this season and seeing how the guys we have now are used. Will we still release Prince/Wallace and who from the squad now will step up seems to me personally a far more important discussion.

Anytime a player wants more money a move to the Broncos hits the media, we get a few articles and 20 topics on BHQ before the extend their stay at their club for twice the money and we move onto the next rumour.

up until very recently bhq was generally annoyed that the broncos had shown little to no interest in signing anybody over the last 12-24 months.

I agree, we're a bargaining tool.

This current squad doesn't have what it takes. It's that simple.

It has always been that way. Remember when we were linked to Andrew Johns.

Yeah but back then we actually signed blokes as well.

the broncos are what cricket australia is dealing with at the moment. no up and coming star talent. the current squad is the best of what we have. And what we have is very very B-grade

you're a bargaining tool!

just kidding, I love you guys.

Is it just me or do others see it this way as well? Anytime a player wants more money a move to the Broncos hits the media, we get a few articles and 20 topics on BHQ before the extend their stay at their club for twice the money and we move onto the next rumour.

im curious as to which players you are referring? So far there is nothing to suggest that barba and/or Milford are looking for an increased contract for next year as they are already contracted at their current salary.

thurston used the panthers, cronk used the titans, widdop already had offers from dragons and didn't stay at storm and it seems we had little interest. We had no impact on carneys contract with the sharks.

If anything the Broncos have pulled up stumps early on any contract talks with players or haven't shown interest at all over the past seasons.

the broncos are what cricket australia is dealing with at the moment. no up and coming star talent. the current squad is the best of what we have. And what we have is very very B-grade

Young Talent Time.

Corey Oates is a great example. I'd love to see Taylor get top level game time when he's fit and has QC under his belt. Might be the other half we really need if Hunt lives up to his potential after having it almost coached out of him.

Isn't it also a question of whether the club is willing to give 18-20 year olds the experience they need as early as possible, or does conservatism reign, buttressed by all the usual excuses for playing it safe?

This current squad doesn't have what it takes. It's that simple.

I'll agree with that if and when the team has spent real time without Peter Wallace in the side and then still shows no improvement. I like to be able see it for the rest of the season, win lose or draw, the remaining games.

There's no denying we can get up and down the park alright. We just need that spark at the right end.

Maybe the Hunt and Prince combo can provide it....

Unread

Active Now

• The Strapper
  • GCBRONCO
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Allo
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fozz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Volvo Driver
  • lynx000
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Johnny92
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.