We need a leader... Who?

As things stand it's Gil, Milf or Glenn for mine.

I'd say Gillett, but for some reason he can't even get a consistent 80 minutes from his coach despite being an 80 minute player for the last six years.

Yeah it's weird, they are treating him like he has just come back from a broken neck or something.

Someone who's not a goober, they all seem too goofy for the job. We need a James Graham, Sam Burgess type captain, no nonsense I'll kick your ass if you screw up type.

If we were able to go out and buy a captain and forward leader, given the strengths and weaknesses in our pack, the one that stands out for me is Josh Hodgson, what a difference he would make to this team.

Swap Boyd and Bird and make Bird captain

/thread

Last edited:
I think the importance of who is captain is overstated. Most of the time it's just handed out as a bargaining chip for player retention. On the field when there is information to be imparted the person who speaks up is the person who notices the issue. Leading by example is basically just an analogue for playing well. If Shaun Fensom or Sam Tagataese had impeccable leadership skills they still wouldn't be playing first grade. Changing captains among the same playing group won't do anything.

Someone who's not a goober, they all seem too goofy for the job. We need a James Graham, Sam Burgess type captain, no nonsense I'll kick your ass if you screw up type.

"This is the night that you die".

A couple of people have said it but i'll just reiterate it, we don't have one. Boyd is the best option within our #17, by giving it to anyone else we would not see a lift in team performance or leadership it would only be done to punish Boyd, this team is utterly rudderless.

I've been highly critical of Macca and I'll heap even more on him. Andrew has come through our junior system, was given his debut game in 2008 and took over the #9 jersey full time in 2009, in those 10 years his position has never been scrutinised nor threatened by recruitment even though his footballing ability is limited to being nothing more than a tackle bot. For how glaringly average he is for a guy whose turning 30 this year and will accrue 250 first game games for us this season it's defining of him as a player that he can't be the leader we need. He's had the advantage of seeing how a real leaders conduct themselves in Lockyer, Parker & Hodges but he still shirks any responsibility and gets away with it.

There are no leaders in this playing group, the Broncos need to go into the player market to find an experienced player thats willing to do the job from the spine, i don't know who it is but we don't have that person in the current side.

Active Now

• Astro
  • Mustafur
  • bazza
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • bert_lifts
  • Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • Manifesto
  • ChewThePhatt
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • Dee
  • The True King
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.