We need to talk about Kennedy

I don't think is such a huge surprise. he got hyped up like all new signings but he was always going to be a project player. getting named as 18th man by Mal also doesn't help because it created so much expectation when he wasn't close to being ready for Origin.

But I'm still happy he's here. He has a lot of room for improvement but I think he can get there

It does my head in that he's on the bench. He needs to be starting, IMO. Unimpressed so far.

Doesn't matter where Kennedy starts the match. He just needs to run the ball harder.

Absolutely. Has Corey Norman syndrome. Force = mass X velocity. Got the mass, but falling short on the other component.

Defensively, I think he's been ok. Agree with others that he'd be better as a starter. If he can't provide impact and break the line, his size makes him ideal to absorb the opening exchanges.

we need a forwards coach, or more so someone to gee the forwards up. steve roach has come on board with the tigers and look at how those guys are firing in the last few weeks.

our forwards run like cream puffs. simple as that. theres very little aggression in anything our big men do

we need a forwards coach, or more so someone to gee the forwards up. steve roach has come on board with the tigers and look at how those guys are firing in the last few weeks.

our forwards run like cream puffs. simple as that. theres very little aggression in anything our big men do

I don't know where to find detailed stats, but I am sure Kennedy was busting lots of tackles in the last few years right? I can't recall him doing more than 1 or 2 this year (if any) but. I can't back it up with stats once again, but it seems this is a common theme with a lot of our forwards who were going gang-busters for their last club/s, and come to the Broncos and they have much less impact.

Do you think it is the way they are coached, or maybe the team environment is not conducive to aggression, or something else? It does seem strange but.

I don't know where to find detailed stats, but I am sure Kennedy was busting lots of tackles in the last few years right? I can't recall him doing more than 1 or 2 this year (if any) but. I can't back it up with stats once again, but it seems this is a common theme with a lot of our forwards who were going gang-busters for their last club/s, and come to the Broncos and they have much less impact.

Do you think it is the way they are coached, or maybe the team environment is not conducive to aggression, or something else? It does seem strange but.

2009 - 3 games, 1 tackle break.
2010 - 15 games, 24 tackle breaks.
2011 - 8 games, 20 tackle breaks.
2012 - 25 games, 25 tackle breaks.
2013 - 16 games, 14 tackle breaks.

Martin Kennedy's comparison with AUS for 2013

2009 - 3 games, 1 tackle break.
2010 - 15 games, 24 tackle breaks.
2011 - 8 games, 20 tackle breaks.
2012 - 25 games, 25 tackle breaks.
2013 - 16 games, 14 tackle breaks.

Martin Kennedy's comparison with AUS for 2013

Interesting... He started at avg. 2 per game, then tapered to 1 per game. But I can't find how many he has done this year on that link or anywhere else.

I did find his stats page for this year - https://www.nrl.com/telstrapremiers...lubid/1/playerid/744/seasonid/42/default.aspx

He has not been very involved at all really.

According to the stats I've looked at, which are the stats on foxsports, he hasn't made a single tackle break this year.

According to the stats I've looked at, which are the stats on foxsports, he hasn't made a single tackle break this year.

I thought so too. So what has changed? He's like 120kg, fit as, and should be busting out at least 1 or 2 per game? He only has 1 offload in 5 games too and 0 line breaks. Do you think he has been coached to just run with the main intent being to get up for a quick play the ball with minimal chance for errors, rather than create opportunities?

Seems to be getting the ball fairly flat from memory.

He had a big injury in 2011, and hasn't been the same since. He seems softer than a pillow right now.

I think our flat passing was the biggest problem against Parra, we had been doing pretty good depth plays up until that point in the first month.

maybe the roosters knew something about him that we didnt. i mean that gave him up with out a fight at all. they basicly wanted him gone even dropped him for the grand final last year from memory. i got fears he may be past his best from a few years ago. i just hope we dont end up loosing a young promising forward because of him.

maybe the roosters knew something about him that we didnt. i mean that gave him up with out a fight at all. they basicly wanted him gone even dropped him for the grand final last year from memory. i got fears he may be past his best from a few years ago. i just hope we dont end up loosing a young promising forward because of him.

I don't entirely disagree but between JWH, Moa, Napa, FPN etc it wouldn't be THAT difficult a decision to let him go.

I don't entirely disagree but between JWH, Moa, Napa, FPN etc it wouldn't be THAT difficult a decision to let him go.

ye i guess u got a point out of all those names he was prolly the least wanted. i just hope he does show the form he showed back in 2011? i think it was cant actually remember but i have memories of him running over defensive and everyone saying what a bright future he was going to have

Undoubtedly the guy has talent. Needs to be getting the ball at a bit of pace with some room to move.

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • Aldo
  • lynx000
  • Waynesaurus
  • Allo
  • Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
  • BooKhaki
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • bb_gun
  • Cavalo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Morkel
  • Midean
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Lostboy
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.