• Start date
M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Webcke to join forces with Johns
Adrian Proszenko
February 6, 2010

MATTHEW JOHNS has snared Shane Webcke, one of the most vocal critics of The Footy Show, to join his rival rugby league program.

''We've had chats with Shane Webcke to get him involved and we're a long way down the track,'' Johns told The Last Word following meetings with Channel Seven executives. '

'It's almost certain he'd be part of the show.'' Webcke, one of the most respected figures in the game, has previously claimed The Footy Show has crossed the line from being irreverent to irrelevant. The move will turn up the heat on the Nine Network's long-running league program, which controversially parted ways with Johns last year.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/w ... -njrb.html

This might be an interesting little battle now that they've signed up someone who probably has more cred than the entire Footy Show brigade. And especially if Seven grab the next FTA rights which, according to today's reports, they are apparently pushing hard for.

thats awesome i can see Webcke making sure it sticks to being about the Footy.

Now if they can just snare Sterlo then that would be the raddest.

They should try and get Kevvie Walters back too. He is a good character and knows his stuff.

A good pick up for the mooted Johns led Footy Show to rival the Fatty Show. Webcke is well respected by all in the rugby league community and I for one would tune in to the show for his input alone. There are few better spoken ex-players in the game.

#1 Kemp fan said:
They should try and get Kevvie Walters back too. He is a good character and knows his stuff.

Be kind of expensive to get him to come back from France every week :mrgreen:

Webcke is a good get - I hope Johns goes back to how he used to be as well, I thought very highly of him and how he viewed and spoke about the game when he first joined the Footy Show but then he got too much into doing his characters and playing the fool.

Webcke is a fking legend, I'll watch the show just because he's on it.
Sterlo would make it even better.

It will be very interesting. I think Johns is a very smart man and he knows his football, but with Webcke, there might be some ACTUAL genuine discussion about Football. HUZZAH!

Of course you will Webcke.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Lurker
  • Broncorob
  • maddo
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.