• Thread starter Major JW Hochstetter
  • Start date
M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
We're not chickens, says Ennis
Adrian Proszenko and Stathi Paxinos | April 6, 2008

BRISBANE hooker Michael Ennis says he is wounded by accusations he took a dive in Friday night's infamous "chicken wing" tackle, declaring, "I would never lay down" to milk a penalty.

Speaking exclusively to The Sun-Herald, Ennis revealed Storm players called him a "cat" after he initially stayed down in the tackle.

"They were saying 'Get up Ennis, you cat!'," Ennis, who had shoulder surgery last year, said last night.

Full 2 page article:

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/we ... 45682.html

Same response both Hayne and Gallen gave. Its impossible to tell completely 1 way or the other whether they are lying or not but the way the game has gone in the last few years I have severe doubts over all the incidents even this one.

I believe him, when I saw the wink it didn't look like he was all smiles when he did it, unlike Gallen who was walking and smiling when he did it.

I don't think he was acting, it looked like Ennis lifted his other arm to try & take pressure off his left shoulder.

im as biased as it comes, but ennis looked like a dickhead the way he acted.

ennis was playing it........ poor form, but none the less Blair did do an obvious rehersed 'chicken wing' tackle and if it helps get these sorts of tactics out of the game i welcome it......

pennywisealfie said:
im as biased as it comes, but ennis looked like a dickhead the way he acted.

Agree. We can't take the moral high ground on play acting now.

nopatience101 said:
ennis was playing it........ poor form, but none the less Blair did do an obvious rehersed 'chicken wing' tackle and if it helps get these sorts of tactics out of the game i welcome it......

Not if Ennis is charged with contrary conduct.

I don't see it as a clear case of acting such as Gallen or Withers in the past. He may have been for all we know, but its just too hard to tell. Pure speculation. Therefore i'd give him the benefit of the doubt. Besides, it's not like he was struck in the balls and then put his hands on his face...

Far out, I'd like to get a few of you people down on the ground and yank your arm back. It'll hurt, and you'll feel like your shoulder is going to dislocate. It's similar to a test physios do to assess a shoulder problem, it's called the "apprehension test". Basically they pull the arm back and see how much movement there is before the patient freaks out that their shoulder's about to dislocate [icon_lol1.

The more times I have seen it the less severe it has looked and the more ridiculous ennis has looked. I am sure you could hurt someones arm badly in one of these "chicken wings" ennis wasn't hurt and the guy put the arm behind his back he didn't reef it up or really trying rip at it. I personally think he acted like a dog however this is clearly a his word against theirs and no one will ever be able to prove anything unless ennis admitted he dogged it.

r238284_962253.jpg

He was acting well.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/photos/2008/ ... 208704.htm

Still doesn't look like hahaha we got them wink to me.

His 'wink" was his eye closed due to the bloody pain.

Kaz said:

Yes all that pain which saw him get up and continue playing. He said he thought his shoulder was going to be dislocated, no player in their right mind (especially one with a history of shoulder problems) would play on in a situation when they think their shoulder has just been nearly dislocated. He was fine and won his team a penalty IMO.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
Kaz said:

Yes all that pain which saw him get up and continue playing. He said he thought his shoulder was going to be dislocated, no player in their right mind (especially one with a history of shoulder problems) would play on in a situation when they think their shoulder has just been nearly dislocated. He was fine and won his team a penalty IMO.

It could have easily hit a nerve or something.

Like no player in their right mind would come back from a knee reco after only 7 months.

Players do strange stuff, classic example Ben Hannant nearly got KTFO a few weeks back, 2 mins after it happened he looked and played fine, but I bet he felt it after the game and the following day.

king_johns said:
[quote="FCB BB AKA MB":1ckddamh]
Kaz said:

It could have easily hit a nerve or something.[/quote:1ckddamh]

Not the most likely of scenarios, I think a lot of people are refusing to see that we had someone in our colours con a referee after we all crucified players from other sides last year. Blair didn't do that much to Ennis he didn't reef the arm up like the examples given during the week, all he did was hold and pull down the arm which was all he could get hold of in effecting the tackle.

The witch hunt against these tackles from this one to the sudden witch hunt for late hits in gang tackles due to the Riley Brown incident, the NRL are very reactionary and this just reeks of it. Blair did not do the same thing as was in the examples and just because its a storm player and the opponent yelled like he was in labour its suddenly a blight on the game. A lot of players will have there arms pushed and pulled far far worse than this by years end.

Unread

Active Now

• Sproj
  • The Strapper
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • levikaden
  • jd87
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Allo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • Justwin
  • Strop
  • Fozz
  • Horseheadsup
  • Mighty Bronx
  • johnny plath
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.