West Tigers vs Broncos post game talk *SPOILERS*

Terrible first half but thought we were a lot more focused in the second. We did well to hold them to one try regardless of the often fortunate refereeing.

What was with the amount of sideways running though? It was driving me crazy, it's games like these that we really do miss Mick Ennis.

And our marker defense is just dire. I'm so glad Farah didn't play tonight, he would have torn us to pieces.

yeah but ...frickin piggy back penaltys .....every time..is the broncos the only team that is offside ..
its crap.......

Probably wasn't that clear but I meant fortunate penalties in our favour in the second half.

5-0 at one stage I think it was. Those two high tackle call were rather dubious and Benji getting 10 minutes was just a tad harsh.

Tigers were trying to take Izzy's head off tonight.

Kaz said:
Even the ref tackling the other ref after the game was better then some of our play.
Kaz what were you watching, it was a spectator who should be put away in jail for what he did that tackled the ref, and it was clear knockon against the Tigers.

Very important win tonight with the bye next week and SOO period starting, agree we need to work on our concentration levels as we are having too many snoozes during games and will struggle up against good sides in games to come. As for the game itself, pretty hard to comment as due to the weather we had to play a possession type game and therefore for mine no-one really stood out, though if I had to mention some I would go for Hunt, Sims Locky and Kenny in no paricular order.

ethos said:
Benji getting 10 minutes was just a tad harsh.
Can't agree Ethos ref had warned both captains just before half-time, then Benji was warned a couple of minutes before when called out after another high shot and told no more penalties or next is in the bin. Next penalty just so happened to be him and ref had no option, even moreso as it was the captain who had been warned twice re his team.

I haven't seen too many sides that nod off when they get a lead like this current Broncos side.
McCullough has been disappointing with his dummy half work most games. He doesn't seem to know/pay attention to the calls.
Tonight he made a big mistake when Wallace was tackled on the sixth Locky went left and was screaming for it McCullough goes right with a long pass to Thaiday who throws the intercept. You just have to find your play maker in those situations.

0,5001,6638707,00.jpg

Ban the **** for life

Re: West Tigers vs Broncos ****SPOILERS****

Beads6 said:
20-18 to the Broncos but damn they were horrible. I couldn't handle watching it they were playing so bad. Lockyer was horrid tonight as was majority of the side. Winterstien had a shocker but I guess he was due being a young buck and all.

Sorry, but that's just wrong. He wasn't great sure enough, but horrid, that's a bit tough.

Russo said:
Kaz what were you watching, it was a spectator who should be put away in jail for what he did that tackled the ref, .

My bad, I thought it was the ref.

Broncos were pretty lucky to get the points tonight. Started off pretty solid, but as everyone is saying the typical slacking off period is still in their game. We need to be able to control the amounts of offloads opposing teams post against us (big problem). Michaels annoyed me again, hes so ordinary. Dave Taylor made a few silly errors too, although his last hit of the game on the siren was good to watch. Second half defence was solid, especially in the last 10. I think they deserve a pat on the back for that.

And why the hell (if you are a spectator at a game) would you run onto the field and tackle the ref to get your 5 minutes of fame and be banned for life??

Dave Taylor showed why he hasn't been there for weeks tonight. Dumb errors and dumb penalities and did nothing all game.

It really sucked standing in the rain tonight, so glad we won.

By the way gotta give the boys props on the defence in the final ten minutes. So many sets in a row and they really dug deep and held on.

Very lucky to get away with the two points tonight.

Hunt, Kenny and Te'o were the standouts for mind.

Wallace was solid as well. Lockyer disappointing.

I still think Glenn is wasted filling in as a centre/winger. I'd much rather him running off Lockyer and Wallace on the edge of the ruck.

im pissed at this idiot running onto the field and attacking the refs. without the refs, we dont have a game. we may think they are doing a shit job, but rugby league is a pretty hard game to officiate, for all the times they make a bad call and we remember those forever, there is always the ones where they make the correct call and at the time we are thinking "gee how did they see that", but later on, its back to picking apart the ref. This guy should be banned from every rugby league ground in the country.

As for the broncos performance. We won, I dont think we played that bad, we played as good as the weather allowed us to. We now move to 16, which is a pretty good place to be before origin, it means we only need about 6 or 7 wins to make the finals.

Im loving Teo running these awesome angles out wide, he really is kicking ass out there.

Watching Hunt every week makes me so sad. he is so fucking good. If we can somehow re-sign him, id be estatic.

Couldn't agree more about Hunt, and I've thought it ever since he knocked back the tabled offer... Irreplaceable.

This was just another disappionting effort from the Bronco's, yes I know the conditions didn't allow for much but this years team is a 60 - 70 min team at best from what they have shown in the first 11 rounds.

Hoping after the SOO is over it won't take long for everything to click running home to the finals.

I hope it doesn't rain in September...

Genuinly dissapointed in the result tonight. I believed the Broncos had a big score in them tonight BUT once again they made life tougher for themselves with costly penalties and silly options.

Firstly I was impressed with:

The kicking game. An improved performance tonight by Hunt, Lockyer and Wallace in the kicking department. Still some way to go obviously but I was generally happy with it tonight and thought it proved to be a big difference at times.

Performance of the forward pack. Nick Kenny, Ben Te'o, Corey Parker and Ashton Sims really busted their guts out their tonight and put together a strong showing. Clinton was also good but it was obvious his effort was affected by injury. I believe these four players have been consistently good over the past month or so and I've been very pleased with their efforts.

While it was far from perfect. I love having Karmichael at the back. He's such a safe fullback under the high ball and his decision making process has always been professionally precise.

What made me swear:

PJ Marsh/Andrew McCullough. WTF were you guys doing in the ruck...seriously we were so poor out of dummy half it really hurt our structure. I'm sicking of seeing our backs take endless dummy half runs when Marsh or McCullough should be there directing traffic up the middle. Also McCullough decision to pass to Thaiday was dumb and nearly cost us dearly. Thankfully for my keyboard McCullough showed some good signs in defence.

Thaiday...what happened to Thaiday? Woeful performance from a man of so much potential! Lift Thaiday otherwise you might find yourself on the bench.

Winterstein...stop watching "the Best of Boyds Bronco career" and start running directly! There were a number of moments that nearly cost us dearly.

Taylor...you had one game to prove Henjack wrong and you've most likely blown it with that poor first half. Enjoy Redfern.

Hunt, Lockyer and Unidentified Bronco...that 3rd West Tigers try was s**t and I can't believe none of you commited yourselves harder...I expect much more from the lot of you!

Got the two points and that is all that matters, especially coming into Origin time.

Lockyer (sporting new shaved head) perhaps looking for motivation? Thought he and the team played well but then at some crucial times in the game made some uncharateristic errors, for example, that last tackle kick in about the 75th minute that he sliced.

I don't know how much longer the Broncs are going to persist with Folau on the wing, especially when Hodges is injured.

And goalkicking... seems as if we get away to a good start each week putting on 2 or three tries but miss the conversions. 8-0, 14-0 etc and the players errouneously enter that mindset of she'll be right when the game is anything but in the bag.

Perhaps it is because we seem to score all our tries out wide from the second man play and bombs?

Active Now

• Santa
  • Broncorob
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.